TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Simpsons Tapped Out

At this point I'm logging in ever couple days and just waiting for the next major event to make the game interesting again.

Same here. We got so use to one event after another, that now that there is no events, we are all bored.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I found it strange yesterday that I did see the FB update, AND got an auto update (took about 20 seconds) and then nothing happened. I'm guessing that it has a day/date trigger. But yeah, the boards are buzzing about a HUGE update. Wars and stuff.

Buzz is that EA is going to release a large update this week. Something about wars, battles, and new skins. Finally we might be able to play again.

Looks like you were correct! Just got a new character and started building a fortress of some sort.

This update activated the game in durch for me. With a terrible translation. And no way to change it back to english. I am going to write ea an email complaining. If they will not let me change it back to english I will stop playing. The Simpsons in dutch just does not work. Stupid EA.

Is there a good wiki out there for this event yet?! I am so confused.

I have been looking as well. Do I defend my houses or just let them get destroyed so both sides benefit? Very confusing. I did find out that you can only buy elixir on Wednesdays.

TSTO

One new strip of land. Price $200k - $1.5mil.

The board is now coded for 15 new strip of land, so they may be adding more strips more often.

Being a new update, your "confirm donut spend" has been switched to off, so you'll need to go back into settings and fix that.

An icon of Bender (from Futurama) has been added to the files. Supposedly, a tie-in to Season 26.

Your "other" Springfield has been updated to level 40 and has a castle to go after (but it's Krustyland and Squidport have been removed).

Medieval Times (event ends Oct. 7)

Currency is elixir. Prizes earned with gold.

There are 10 prizes to collect.

There are also a "Gang/Mob/Army of Nerds" Assuming this is for Donut Purchase (probably similar to the Goblins at Halloween)

There are "cheaters" as well (jewels in a bag) for donut purchase.

The Barbarian IS a separate character. There is also a barbarian skin for Homer, wizard for Marge, archer for Lisa, and a goblin for Bart.

There is all kinds of new buildings and stuff, incl:

A cardboard castle, tower, and walls

A recycled castle, tower and walls

A real (buildable) castle with tower, walls, etc...

You will be earning skins as you go, (and they are placed in "inventory", though you may not see them. Not sure) but they WILL NOT be available until you've completed quest #9, and are automatically added for the quest you may be trying to complete at the appointed time.

Ok. After the 16hr castle build, you start visiting friends and tapping on sword(?) icons over the houses. That can destroy their house. By repairing your own houses (that others have attacked) you earn elixir and gold. If one of your houses (stores, whatever) has a shield over it, it has been attacked. Tap on the shield to collect elixir (and maybe gold). Kinda like the handshake icon.

You can also send "nerds" to visit neighbors. More nerds, more damage done. The most nerds you can have at one time is 40, so any new nerds you gain will be lost. (Kind of forcing you to visit neighbors)

Elixir may be bought for donuts, but ONLY on Wednesdays. (Go figure)

As far as gameplay goes, here is the best, and most complete info I have found:

Clash of Clones: Guide to Clashing

That's all for now...

So what's the difference between the shield icon and when a building is totally destroyed? Does it help one friend or the other better to leave it? Have it destroyed?

I am absolutely - NOT SURE!

I loaded the game this morning, and found my castle and 2 destroyed buildings. The game prompted me (via Barbarian) to fix, and get revenge. While doing what the Barbarian asked, the game lagged massively. I was getting a bit pi$$ed off. Once those tasks were completed, game speed returned to normal.

I *think* I've only attacked one friend (don't remember who, sorry) so far. Everyone else has been the random generator by tapping on the home screen. I do like the fact that it doesn't show the name/handle of who you're attacking. I'm still unclear of reaping the benefits from being attacked/attacking actual friends, and whether it's better than the randomness of the games' choice.

That being said, the nerds seem to multiply quite quickly (2hrs, or something like that) so that encourages more gameplay throughout the day. Or, at least having to check your own town for random attacks.

When I can figure out more, I'll post it.

^Yeah, I don't understand the random invader stuff versus your actual friends? Luckily when I see my friends names pop up I got back to their towns to return the favor, but if I don't know who it is then I feel bad.

I'm beginning to think that the absolute goal is a lot more interaction between players, and that EVERYONE benefits, regardless of friend or random. Although, interaction between friends may be slightly beneficial to both players.

No proof of this (yet), but it is my suspicion.

I figured out the Cheaters dice thing, I think. I have a task to use a Cheaters dice to attack another town, did that just fine. Another task to use a Cheaters dice to help defend my town against an attack. I think I've done that twice but the task isn't acknowledged or marked completed. I'm not sure if this is a glitch or not. :/