TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Simpsons Tapped Out

Are you only able to do that if you got the lights last year? This is my first Christmas playing and the only house I can do that to is the Flander's house because I won it in the coin spin game.

You should be able to do that to any of the colored houses, Frink's lab, Cletus' farm and a few others.

In the dialogue box for the houses, in the upper right hand corner is a +/- sign. Tap that and it should expand to give you the option of sliding over to the Christmas decor.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Erik, I have a Origin friend request that has been pending for many months for you. Go accept it man!

Fir whatever stupid reason, I have not been able to remove anyone from my friends list in my iphone. Everytime I try to hit the accept friend removal it disappears. I maxed out months ago...stupid game!

Ok, found out that, YES, to get lights now you need to win them with the coin spin.

Now for some cool stuff:

There will be some additional quest lines on the 23rd and 24th. On Christmas and the 26th (ends on the 27th) payouts for Gift Bags, and Gift Cards will be doubled. You'll also get a free reindeer.

Gil will also make an appearance where all donut purchases will include an additional 25% in donuts. (NOT a reduced price) So, if you get a real apple gift card, you'll get more donuts for the same price.

There are also some static things in the files that may tie in to the end of the event, which is scheduled to end on Jan. 7.

That's all I've got for now.

Edit to add: looks like there's dialogue in the files pertaining to the Stonecutters, and the Monorail.

^^Sounds good!

Do we want to create 'Gift Bag Buddies', kind of like we did with Egg Buddies during whacking day? Or is everyone doing okay just dropping off based on who you see dropping off in your town? I know when I drop bags I've been trying to drop them at the metal tree thing so that you don't have to go searching for them.

That's a good point about where to drop gift bags. I try to drop any gift bags as soon as I enter my friend's towns as it will put it directly by their metal tree thingie. If you go searching for gift cards to tap first and then drop them, it will leave the gift bags in the exact spot you drop them. Although, I have found presents in random places as well, so I don't know the rhyme or reason for that yet.

I've been trying to drop my gift bags right by the tree as well as in large parking lots. Also, the elves will go around and find all the presents that are hidden. So if you get an elf haus, and do that once every 24 hours, it will get the packages that you may not find. They also fart out trails of gift cards as they zoom around getting presents. I found a present floating in my ocean yesterday. So I think the game program randomly drops them all over the place as well. Kinda weird.

Do we want to create 'Gift Bag Buddies', kind of like we did with Egg Buddies during whacking day?

That could be stifling. Only because this update DOES encourage gameplay by limiting how many presents that can be left in a friends town. I came across that last night. It was either Guy or (broken camera) Jon's town. After I had dropped 2 presents, it stopped me from dropping a 3rd and a dialogue box popped up and said I couldn't drop any more until that person had collected the presents that they had. So no ganging up and bombing a persons town like we did during whacking day.

Pretty smart of EA.

Yes, great point about dropping the bags. I *just* found that when I was playing as it went behind a building.

A list may be a good idea. Currently I've been dropping one bag per town that allows me to, then I have started a list of people who have been giving me gift bags. I frequent those towns to drop gift bags (and NOW they will be by the tree )

Yeah, I can't finish that quest, either, to decorate my houses as I'm real new to the game. I'll just have to wait until I get the houses.

^ Check the very far right in the Christmas items page in the build menu. I know that I was just able to buy the Xmas decorations for the Volcano Lair (which I didn't have last year). It cost me donuts, but I think that it may have been the same setup last year for some of the houses.

Just came across another interesting tidbit.

In the upcoming tasks, there are one time tasks (about 8, 6 in a row at one point) that require 12+ Springfielder's to do, where each pays out gift cards. When you get there, scroll thru your list and send as many peeps as you can (like when we'd send 50 to do the same thing) to do that task and you'll pile up the gift cards during those tasks.

Also, like Guy said, the 4th(?) personal gift you get is an "Elf Haus" and they do go around and collect (as well as drop gift cards) ALL unclaimed gift bags in your town. So you really won't have to hunt, like we did in Whacking Day.

^Wow. Seriously so impressed with this update from both the content and the fixing/improving of so many game play elements. I would love to know what happened behind the scenes that led to all of this. I've got to think there was some major management change or something.

^ Check the very far right in the Christmas items page in the build menu. I know that I was just able to buy the Xmas decorations for the Volcano Lair (which I didn't have last year). It cost me donuts, but I think that it may have been the same setup last year for some of the houses.

The only things that are there are the Christmas Volcano Lair and Fink's Lab. I haven't bought the normal ones so it won't let me buy those. (It would have been at a huge discount )

Anyone else notice the Squidport tile glitch has been fixed? I had a tile there, and now it's gone so I had to start over. I had a feeling it was going to come to an end!

I downloaded the Christmas update, I just haven't had a chance to go to other towns yet. So far, I like what I see.

Anyone else notice the Squidport tile glitch has been fixed? I had a tile there, and now it's gone so I had to start over. I had a feeling it was going to come to an end!

Yeah, it happened right after I finally started getting caught up and got my own Squidport.

I would love to know what happened behind the scenes that led to all of this. I've got to think there was some major management change or something.

I know exactly what happened, remember I've worked with EA a couple of times. They always have this ongoing list of "legacy bugs" and "wish list items" for every project. When I worked on a DS version of Madden, there were legacy bugs that went all the way back to the Sega Genesis days. They would tell us "If you have time in development, assign someone to go through these wish list items and knock a few out."

I'd put money on it that in their bug list they have what developers usually call a "C" class bug (Suggestion or design wish list item) and what happens is that they will be assigned, but low on the radar. They will be low on the radar for both programming and quality assurance. QA is testing all the new features so little time is dedicated to wish list items.

I'm sure there was a build floating around that had 2 or 3 of these new features that we are seeing in the game right now and they have gone through a much longer back burner QA cycle, and then once they are ready and tested, they are merged into the current release builds, and then BAM! We see it in our game.

Didn't we see this happen once before when small features like being reminded "Do you want to spend these donuts?" and being able to cancel a task or something like that went in? I seem to remember there was one other time, maybe a year ago, where a few small wish list items like this went into the game as well.

Anyway, that's my insight on things. I'm glad my 22 years of making video games is worth something still! lol

Edited by robbalvey