TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Simpsons Tapped Out

Farming quickie marts? What is that? I need to get a poo-poo ton of doughnuts. There is stuff I want, but I don't want to spend real coin.

First off, you need a LOT of game cash. I started this with over $40mil, (currently at 31mil). I would buy about 36 Kwik-e-marts at a time. When their 4 hour build is complete, I collect the XP (about 4600, with the bonuses I've already added) then tear it down and build a new one. Before today's update, I could roll over the XP and collect 3 donuts every time (could also cost up to $100k extra if you guess wrong!) 3 to 4 times a day.

They are the best way to a quick roll over on XP. They cost $20,500 each, and their selling price is $5125, and you can do it every 4 hours.

The orange houses are better overall at about 5300XP, (that's with my current bonuses), and a 24hr build. Buy back is $5625.

HOWEVER, after rolling over for the third time today, I noticed the the next level for the rollover has gone back to increasing by about 5-10% each time. (It was a little over 192,000 for the past 3-4 weeks. Now at 202,000+!) So I'll probably stop doing that for awhile.

Another good source of XP is the weather station for $9500' and gives XP of 2342. Buy back is $2375. Also, it's an instant build, so build and sell to your hearts content, till you run out of $$$. Like I said, my bankroll has dropped from about 41mil to 31mil during this time frame. All in all - about 240 donuts.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Farming quickie marts? What is that? I need to get a poo-poo ton of doughnuts. There is stuff I want, but I don't want to spend real coin.

First off, you need a LOT of game cash. I started this with over $40mil, (currently at 31mil). I would buy about 36 Kwik-e-marts at a time. When their 4 hour build is complete, I collect the XP (about 4600, with the bonuses I've already added) then tear it down and build a new one. Before today's update, I could roll over the XP and collect 3 donuts every time (could also cost up to $100k extra if you guess wrong!) 3 to 4 times a day.

They are the best way to a quick roll over on XP. They cost $20,500 each, and their selling price is $5125, and you can do it every 4 hours.

The orange houses are better overall at about 5300XP, (that's with my current bonuses), and a 24hr build. Buy back is $5625.

HOWEVER, after rolling over for the third time today, I noticed the the next level for the rollover has gone back to increasing by about 5-10% each time. (It was a little over 192,000 for the past 3-4 weeks. Now at 202,000+!) So I'll probably stop doing that for awhile.

Another good source of XP is the weather station for $9500' and gives XP of 2342. Buy back is $2375. Also, it's an instant build, so build and sell to your hearts content, till you run out of $$$. Like I said, my bankroll has dropped from about 41mil to 31mil during this time frame. All in all - about 240 donuts.

Now, what is your secret to having so much money? I have a lot of the premium items yet I still only add about 150K-200K a day.

Now, what is your secret to having so much money? I have a lot of the premium items yet I still only add about 150K-200K a day.

Before I really figured out that you got donuts by the rollovers, I was obsessed with making the money, collecting off of the houses (first mostly blue 3x a day, then orange 1, sometimes 2x a day). You're about the same where I was at 150-200k/day. In 6 days you have a million. Remember that looooooong wait for an update after Christmas, and the long periods between valentines, whacking day and Squidport?? Then I was all about the $$$. Now that they offer the donuts for the rollovers, I'm taking advantage of it.

Btw- it looks like the cap score didn't go up again after I rolled over about 1 hour ago. (Stopped at 202,490) So I may blow another 10 mil on donuts if I'm not careful. Could be upwards of 250 more donuts. It's only been the last week that I've gone from the orange houses (24hr build) to the Kwik-e-mart (4hr build) and the donuts seem to be piling up faster.

I did buy the magnifying glass, and the Popsicle tower, and they're a buttload of XP, but not worth the $$ or time (3days) involved. But at 5mil, I'm still passing on the cubic zirconia.

Edited to add: beware of adding more than about 40-50 buildings at a time. Too many eats up the memory, and may cause you to crash, and most certainly causes people who visit you to have theirs crash.

Edited by OldJJman

Dude, Sherri and Terri are premium characters just released with yesterdays update...I had to buy them! Sadly they don't seem to talk (which is really lame for premium characters) but I love having them walk around!!

Bummer about the talking!! Do they at least torment people??

Just found a pic of the cubic zirconia - NOT IMPRESSED!!!! Not for 5 million anyway.

image.jpg.426577d07af1dbca274b8ed6e40fb4dd.jpg

The CZ is near the top of the pic.

Um, how on earth is that worth 5 Million and it's that small?!?!

Just started reading thru TSTO website. Evidently it's a gag item too. If you tap on it, it disappears momentarily too!

Also, Chalmers comes with different skins, so you do need to add the campfire, and the minnow pond:

image.jpg.530372bc8b33e05f7fbcde91248e2b04.jpg

image.jpg.4931b2230b561053873f7144b9c6ba7e.jpg

image.jpg.a218f72eab588c7c3309ae0a5c1f988b.jpg

LOL! Ok, some of those are pretty cool. That cubic zirconium is really dumb, glad I didn't go for it. And yes, Sherri and Terri at least have some good tasks so far and look so creepy walking around together (they're ONE character even though there are two of them).

And yes, Sherri and Terri at least have some good tasks so far and look so creepy walking around together (they're ONE character even though there are two of them).

That explains the a lot. On TSTO, a lot of people are complaining that they aren't 2 characters.

Still torn about getting them. That's a lot of donuts, and I still want the Ferris wheel and Planet Hype for my Squidport.

Though I did get Arnie Pye - he has a voice and does cool things (does traffic in helicopter, dangles on rope from helicopter, walks a dog, etc...) the helicopter does fly, much like Homer in the Santa sleigh.

(Thinking out loud) Sherri and Terri could be cool, as I have a lot of donuts, and my Squidport is still a long way from having enough room for those items. In my KL, the duff building will be done in a few hours, then I just need tickets for the tooth chipper. I don't think ANYTHING in KL is worth spending donuts on. Yet.

(No, I haven't seen anything about things being added to KL anytime soon, but it is anticipated, as there is so much land available)

Ok. Done thinking. I'll get the twins.

I'm not willing to spend any real money on this game. I may have to try this farming deal down the road but right now I only make maybe 40-50k a day. It would take me forever. I have enough trouble trying to decide whether to build or buy land each day.

^ When I started the farming thing, I would save enough $$ so that I could buy 1 piece of land AND the 8 blue houses that fit on it. Just collected the blue houses every 8 hrs. It took a few weeks, but I managed to get all the land. That, along with all the tasks for the peeps, it kept me quite busy for awhile.

I'm not willing to spend any real money on this game.

As an ex-game developer, it's my duty to scold you on something because there is nothing more depressing as someone who has spent countless hours working on a game to read a comment like this.

Just curious - how many hours have you spent playing? If you spend even 20-30 minutes each day and you've been playing for a while you've probably put in 50+ hours on a game that was totally free.

I can tell you that making a game like Simpsons will cost EA *millions* to produce, and while they are making back that money hand over fist, would it really hurt you to spend a *little* bit of money to give back for the free entertainment they've offered you?

I've worked on EA projects and I hate them. Absolutely f**king HATE HATE HATE them with a passion. But I've still spent money on this title because any game that has given me 100+ hours is worth spending some cash on to at least show my appreciation.

They aren't running any ads in the game. And not making it annoying for people who don't buy into the title. You can still play a *TON* of the content for free.

And people who are "not willing to spend any money on the game", actually don't help the game because it means they just have to keep putting out more premium items for sale, and that's kind of annoying.

Console games these days are still running $30 - $50 in the stores. And I can't tell you how many console games I've spent $50, played for a day or two, and either finished it or was bored.

Saying "I'm not willing to spend any real money" on a free downloadable game that you play the crap out would be like going to a theme park where you pay as much as you want on the way out and saying "I loved your rides, your food, and your staff...but I'm not willing to give you a DIME for it. But THANKS!" Can you even imagine a scenario like that???

One day, decent games won't be free anymore. And it will be because of people like you.

So please, consider spending some money on the game. It actually helps out ALL of us. I hope some of you at least agree with this mentality.

--Robb "Stepping off my soapbox now..." Alvey

Edited by robbalvey

I play it quite a bit I'm just not big on spending money on app games because I usually find them to be sub par. I do like this game though I'm just broke from the newborn and wife being off work so I've just enjoyed the free content. I wouldn't mind if they made some of their money off advertisements

I also haven't paid any $$ to EA for Simpsons, but my reasons have nothing to do with the Simpsons game but because I got burned by another EA game.

I spent quite a bit of $$ playing Sim City Social and without warning they shut the game down. I get that games can't last forever, especially online games. But a nice gesture would have been for them to open up all parts of the game to everybody (without having to pay $$) so the people who put so much time and energy into the game could have at least completed their city. I would have been totally fine with that approach. But it didn't happen.

I'm not saying I'll never put $$ into Simpsons, or that I'm opposed to it, I just haven't yet.

Other than that, I totally agree with your post Robb.

Gregg "by the time I do put $$ into Simpsons they'll probably shut it down" C.