TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Simpsons Tapped Out

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^Ugh! It gets worse than this 36 hour BS!!!!????

It gets much worse!!

Here's the chart from TSTO:

First 4 tiles are free.

Tile 5 takes 1 hour $250

6 takes 2 hours $450

7 takes 4 hours $850

8 takes 8 hours $1700

9 takes 12 hours $2500

10 takes 16 hours $3350

11 - 15 take 24 hours $5000 (5 days)

16 - 30 take 36 hours $7,500 (22.5 days)

31 - 60 take 48 hours $10,000 (60 days)

61 - 90 take 60 hours $12,500 (75 days)

91 - 120 take 72 hours $15,000 (90 days)

121 - 151 take 84 hours $17,500 (108.5 days)

It'll take 362 days to get them all.

I am also at the 48hr tile build as of yesterday. Luckily(?) I have all the buildings, so the over the next couple of weeks, I'll have enough tiles to properly space them out and start decorating them properly. By then a level 32, and Krustyland should appear.

It seems like the future does promise many things, many of which it appears, will be running concurrently, to keep people busy. There is also talk of new items for "Treehouse of Horrors".

New is good.

Content is good.

Bored is really bad.

So I downloaded the update, played the game for about 10 minutes, and then it reset. When it came back up, It told me to build the gym, but I never did the quest for it, lol (or maybe I did and didn't realize it?)

Did you have Quimby free to start the dialog? After the dialog, you start building McBain's mansion. At the same time the gym becomes available. It looks like when you're finished with McBain's mansion, that will open up the film set. (Or some other quest thereafter).

So I downloaded the update, played the game for about 10 minutes, and then it reset. When it came back up, It told me to build the gym, but I never did the quest for it, lol (or maybe I did and didn't realize it?)

Did you have Quimby free to start the dialog? After the dialog, you start building McBain's mansion. At the same time the gym becomes available. It looks like when you're finished with McBain's mansion, that will open up the film set. (Or some other quest thereafter).

Yeah, it was like 5 minutes after I started the mansion, the game reset and prompted me to build the gym.

Jeff How on earth do you have 2000+ Doughnuts? Is that from being a slumlord?

Update downloaded and Bane's Mansion and the Gym are both under construction. Going to be a really quick update to get through... still holding out for Krustyland.

Jeff How on earth do you have 2000+ Doughnuts? Is that from being a slumlord?

I just wiped out (sold) about 60 blue houses, 10 Krusty Burgers, 9 Gulp-N-Blows and 16 Kwik-E-Marts to make room for McBain's place, and the Gym. Eventually, later in this update I'll also combine the film set with Krustyland Studios into one complex.

I've only got about 600-700 donuts from being a slumlord. I was just rolling over the XP, either by selling and rebuilding orange houses (5200+ XP/house every 24 hrs) or building/selling weather stations. ($9500 spent/2211 XP instantly/$2375 sell back). Before today's update, I was only about 100,000XP from my next rollover, at 1,320,450XP. I would then just make sure I got the 3 donuts.

The rest were 2 iTunes $50 gift cards I got for working for a friend. (1800 donuts)

I won't use donuts to speed anything up. I have no room for the boardwalk characters yet, so I haven't got them. (I'm still hoping for the Michael Jackson that I saw the artwork for!!) I'm still mad about tapping too fast (HAPPY they fixed that!!!!) and getting that damn blue funzo!!

I'll probably get the Ferris wheel, and Planet Hype when I have space, as they look good. I usually only spend donuts on things the give % bonus, or look cool to me. Cop cars are the best value, along with the Springfield sign, Mt. Carlmore (there IS another mountain in the artwork, just don't remember who it is). I bought the Boardwalk Fountains even though they're only 2.75%, but they look cool. Somehow, I missed out on the Black Limo (40 donuts, 2% like the cop car) during the cool Moe update. Kinda miffed about that.

Still hoping for a couple big $$$ items to add, as I'm now over 40mil. Loved the escalator to nowhere, but the Popsicle stick tower and the 50 ft. magnifying glass did nothing for me. (Monorail anyone?)

Also, some things have started surfacing about Springfield mall, incl. the "Leftorium".

I just wiped out (sold) about 60 blue houses, 10 Krusty Burgers, 9 Gulp-N-Blows and 16 Kwik-E-Marts to make room for McBain's place, and the Gym. Eventually, later in this update I'll also combine the film set with Krustyland Studios into one complex.

I've only got about 600-700 donuts from being a slumlord. I was just rolling over the XP, either by selling and rebuilding orange houses (5200+ XP/house every 24 hrs) or building/selling weather stations. ($9500 spent/2211 XP instantly/$2375 sell back). Before today's update, I was only about 100,000XP from my next rollover, at 1,320,450XP. I would then just make sure I got the 3 donuts.

I'm confused ... how do you get Donuts from doing this? Is there some kind of strategy for getting Donuts that I'm not aware of?

I'm confused ... how do you get Donuts from doing this? Is there some kind of strategy for getting Donuts that I'm not aware of?

As Chris forgot to explain: you may have not yet maxed out on levels, currently level 31.

So, if you're not at level 31 yet, every time you reach the XP goal, you go up one level, thereby unlocking things associated with that level.

If you have maxed out on levels like a lot of us have, when you reach the XP goal you get a dialog box with 3 presents to choose from. The presents have either 1, 2, or 3 donuts in them. Choose one and accept what you get, OR, if you get 1 or 2 donuts, you have the option of buying a different box (@ $50,000) to try and get 3 donuts. If you don't get it, you can still buy the third box for another $50,000 (or $100,000 I forget) to get the 3 donut prize.

Then you start at 0 XP again, with the next "rollover" at the previous amount plus 10-20% more.

I hope that makes sense.

JJSlumlord

As Chris forgot to explain: you may have not yet maxed out on levels, currently level 31.

So, if you're not at level 31 yet, every time you reach the XP goal, you go up one level, thereby unlocking things associated with that level.

If you have maxed out on levels like a lot of us have, when you reach the XP goal you get a dialog box with 3 presents to choose from. The presents have either 1, 2, or 3 donuts in them. Choose one and accept what you get, OR, if you get 1 or 2 donuts, you have the option of buying a different box (@ $50,000) to try and get 3 donuts. If you don't get it, you can still buy the third box for another $50,000 (or $100,000 I forget) to get the 3 donut prize.

Then you start at 0 XP again, with the next "rollover" at the previous amount plus 10-20% more.

I hope that makes sense.

JJSlumlord

Oops! Thanks Jeff. I forget that some of us aren't maxed yet, haha.

Blaming Jeff's success in doing this. I'm starting a slum while ahead of updates to see if I can try to get some doughnut roll overs. The only bright side of trying this is I almost have some interest in the game again.

In case you're interested and haven't seen it yet, here's all the proposed information on the Krustyland addition, which should happen sometime in August. The ticket system hopefully will make this game more fun to play frequently again unlike the Boardwalk expansion, and it looks like there will be several awesome amusement rides including the Tooth Chipper!

http://simpsonswiki.net/wiki/The_Simpsons:_Tapped_Out_Upcoming_Krustyland_update

^Yeah, in about five months you will actually have room to make it look decent...

I have to say, the Wolfcastle mission where he checks to see if his shoe laces are tied and the fact that is takes 36 hours, is absolutely hilarious!

Level 32 update is out. Hope this means Krustyland is the next one.

The opening dialog insinuates that Bart needs something fun to do, as he is bored.

Rod and Todd finally show up, along with a mental hospital ($324,000), Camp Krusty (bunch of donuts), playground parallel bars ($760?) and another car (40 donuts), which is a "left handed" car of sorts. Still adds 2% to XP and $$. Probably put it at the Flanderers!!

D'oh!!

200 donuts for Kamp Krusty? $20 for a character skin, some new tasks, and a drawing of a building. Meh. I'm honestly over the 'free-to-play' game model - not just Tapped Out but Plants vs Zombies 2 as well. Call me old fashioned, but I like just buying a game and that's it.

Tapped Out desperately needs a huge update - I'm not sure what Krustyland entails but I'm thinking EA should just add 10 levels in one hit, the current drip-feed of content is just more of the same. Squidport was a good idea but ruined by the glacial pace at which you can build boardwalk pieces. Maybe it's time for me to put the game away and just come back in 3 months or so, that way there might be enough new content to enjoy...

Added a few people, hope you don't mind. Need to get me some progress in this game!

Looking forward to the Krustyland update. Wouldn't a 3D perspective of the town be cool, google map street view style? Not possible on the servers I know, but just a thought