TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Simpsons Tapped Out

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seriously think I'm done with this game....for two reasons:

1. Animal Crossing is out, and I'm just reminded how much I wanted Simpsons to be like AC, and now I don't need it to be!

2. The Whacking Day event was "ok", but I think it was overly monotonous and it kind of started my rapid decline on wanting to play the game. This update just seems downright stupid, making it nearly impossible to do anything and it's taking forever.

I feel like they created an update that takes a long time to purposely stall the people who have leveled up quickly, which is really lame. You don't punish players for doing well.

I haven't turned on Simpsons in 3 or 4 days now...

^I absolutely agree. Since it is taking so long to accumulate boardwalk pieces, I am basically having to plop down buildings on top of each other and it looks like absolute crap. I even had to put the Itchy and Scratchy store in my inventory, just so I could start the Frying Dutchman build and continue on with the progression. Such a terrible update!

Oh, and once you get past 16 boardwalk tiles (I think it is 16) it changes to 36 hours!!! I think I am working on #13 right now, so it will take me 4 days to have enough space to bring the Itchy and Scratchy store back out.

Totally agree. They always seem to go to extremes with this game. They either have an update that can easily be done in just a day or two, or ones like the Whacking day which were way too monotonous, as Robb pointed out. I understand that they want to make the levels last longer, but this is ridiculous. I honestly don't play it any more than before the update. I log on ever day or two, spend 5 minutes, then I'm done. I wouldn't be surprised if they shorten the boardwalk building times in a future update. I know it's all about getting people to buy doughnuts, but this is ridiculous.

The thing I kinda like about this update is how long it takes. With the wacking day update, I was stressing out and updating my town every four hours of every day. With this... I can still set every character for 24 hours and just check it every night. Though the boardwalk pieces do suck. I wish I could just make my own boardwalk and just have to worry about buying land. Otherwise it's a pretty weak update but still playable to my schedule. If I had a 3DS I would probably drop this for animal crossing though.

I wouldn't have minded if they did the boardwalk pieces every 8-12 hours. That would have been not fast enough so I'd be done in a week, but not long enough where i'd be waiting to finish for a month. Or, I wouldn't have minded if they would have made them really expensive. It just sucks having a bunch of stuff, but no where to put any of it.

Yeah, the timing for getting boardwalk boards is really dumb and really kills my enjoyment of the game, moreso than the constantly needing to be checking on my rocks and logs and visiting neighbors in the Whacking Day event to get everything did. Now I'm at the point where it takes 36 hours for a board to be ready, and it will keep increasing in time the more board tiles you need, up to 3.5 days! They definitely didn't plan it well.

It does seem an update came recently and rumors are that clicking on a neighbor's board tile no longer resets it for them, but I'm not taking any chances.

So yesterday I get a Mystery Box and it actually had 10 donuts in it! Yay!

Then I log back in later, and they've mysteriously vanished, as it looks like everything has re-set since my last visit. I get another Mystery Box. I get a fence. Yeah.

Thanks, EA, for your quality servers...

dt

So yesterday I get a Mystery Box and it actually had 10 donuts in it! Yay!

Then I log back in later, and they've mysteriously vanished, as it looks like everything has re-set since my last visit. I get another Mystery Box. I get a fence. Yeah.

Thanks, EA, for your quality servers...

dt

Lame...

I'm just going to put this out there... You can pick up a 3DS pretty cheap on eBay if anyone wants to join us playing Animal Crossing!

^ I'm actually contemplating selling my DS and getting a 3DS to join in on the fun.

My latest mystery box contained a whopping $250. Even with this update I'm logging in every other day or so to do stuff. All interest in this game is coming to an end with lack luster updates and nothing that requires me to pay attention more than once a day max. Granted if they ever do another whacking day esq. update I'll gladly pay attention again but until then it's just there.

^Yeah, I liked Whacking Day. Sure, it was a bit repetitive, but it was fun to trade eggs and help other people try and get to their snake goal. Now there's nothing really going on. I get that they want you to buy donuts, but I don't see the point in spending money on this game if they're not going to add anything except stuff that is there to try and make you buy/spend donuts!

What's a good price for a 3DS on Ebay? I know nothing about these systems, but Animal Crossing looks like it would be a lot of fun to play.

dt

^Yeah, I liked Whacking Day. Sure, it was a bit repetitive, but it was fun to trade eggs and help other people try and get to their snake goal. Now there's nothing really going on. I get that they want you to buy donuts, but I don't see the point in spending money on this game if they're not going to add anything except stuff that is there to try and make you buy/spend donuts!

What's a good price for a 3DS on Ebay? I know nothing about these systems, but Animal Crossing looks like it would be a lot of fun to play.

dt

140$ for XL

120$ or lower for normal

I am currently on the 16th boardwalk tile which is a 36 hour build.

When that's done, then you have 20 peeps dine at The Frying Dutchman for 8hrs. (I had all but 1 of the peeps in there. For some reason, Herman didn't have the prompt.) Then Homer and CBG pig out there for 36hrs. That's where I am now.

I too, will admit that this update is a bit of a bore, due to the time constraints. Been checking the EA boards - apparently, to complete the boardwalk takes (minimum) 305 days. (That's w/o spending any donuts). In the grand scheme, there are quite a lot of people who aren't maxed out, like some of us (the ones getting bored) are. So, those people have plenty to do. Us (the bored ones) can just basically pile up $$ and XP. (My next rollover is 723,000+ XP)

I'm kind of optimistic about all of this. Some of us wanted expansion, so that we had new things to do and build. Well, we got it (though I'll admit 30% of my Springfield is still slums). I'm thinking in the long run, Krustyland could be a similar expansion - expanded game board, land specific buildings (& rides), decor, etc...

The optimism lies in the hope that next update (if time lines remain consistent) comes in 2-4 weeks, which would include new character(s), buildings, tasks and decorations. Tasks for Wolfcastle was in the early raw files of Squidport, so that is a possibility. Then, we'd be in a bind deciding which things to do first, and which things we can do concurrently.

So, I'm still holding out hope (and stockpiling buttloads of $$$!).

I am still going to play, but I won't be spending any money on hurry ups. I usually am able to check on my town a few times a day. Yes, the boardwalk build cycle is quite insane, but I guess I will just have to live with it. At least I have Animal Crossing as well to keep me busy.

Did anybody get asked for their age last time you logged in? Random and weird.

Yeah. Their FB page (or somewhere else, I don't remember) mentioned they would be doing this as a one time only thing, having to do with underage, or unsupervised children playing.

No big deal.

I really hate this update. It's absolutely killed the game for me. Anytime an update came out I loved all the previous characters and new buildings, but the way this one worked out I just have no excitement anymore. I totally understand them wanting to extend the amount of time the updates last, but they went way off the deep end with this one. I'll admit that I have said numerous times that the updates are completed too soon, but this is the polar opposite of that. Make the pieces every 8 or twelve hours, or make them cost a lot more, or just make the building and required tasks longer. I'm all for making money, but I'm not going to spend doughnuts to speed up a task, I'd rather spend them on buildings or things like that. Previously, in between updates I would log in about 2 times a day, and tons more during an update. Now, I log in maybe once every 2 days, and that's after a major update. It's just really annoying.