TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Simpsons Tapped Out

LOL! Have any of you played through Level 30 and all the Herman tasks?

At the end, the game basically apologizes for how crappy that level was and Herman being a main character, etc. They ask you not to annoy EA too much and they will make it up to us with a very good level 31!

At least they have a sense of humor and realize the game is lacking!

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like I better put down Animal Crossing for just a bit.

What's New in Version 4.3.0

Take your Springfield for a dip and expand your town like never before! Summertime has arrived with new buildings, characters, quests and Waterfront Property.

We’ve got new characters, buildings, quests and more!

• Land Expansions: We’ve opened up over 30 new plots of land, with some right on the water, so that you can develop your Springfield just the way you want.

• Decorations and Buildings: Bring your town to the water’s edge and beyond with the Springfield Squidport. Enjoy rides on the Ferris Wheel, dine on deep-fried delicacies at the Frying Dutchman and much more. With over 20 new decorations and buildings available, the Boardwalk will soon become the highlight of your town!

• Characters: Prepare for this new adventure beyond the shore with the Sea Captain, Handsome Pete and an assortment of other seaside entertainers.

• Quests: Will the Sea Captain find his place on dry land or will Homer’s insatiable hunger put him out of business and adrift at sea.

Edited by jray21

FYI, the boardwalk sections aren't like streets where you get unlimited. You have to build them from the Squidport entrance one section at a time every 60 minutes. It also seems that you earn them from finishing tasks related to the Squidport. So, don't buy a crap load of water yet, like I did. There are over 10 new buildings in this update! Of course, 2 are premium.

Yeah, Homer starts the tasks. There's an intro that teaches you all about how to place the dock and stuff, then he goes straight into a 12 hour task. So I played for about 5 minutes, then it's time to wait for 12 hours.

Yeah, Homer starts the tasks. There's an intro that teaches you all about how to place the dock and stuff, then he goes straight into a 12 hour task. So I played for about 5 minutes, then it's time to wait for 12 hours.

Good to know. I only d/l the update and saw the homer (et. al.) dialogue. Also bought up all the land and water (had over $35mil) Will start looking at it closer tonight. I guess starting with build Squidport entrance.

One of the better new functions is fence placement. You can turn them four ways now. Looks like every new squidport tile you make will get more expensive and takes more time. Second tile costs 450 and takes 2 hours.

Looks like every new squidport tile you make will get more expensive and takes more time. Second tile costs 450 and takes 2 hours.

Very true. So far the pieces have been built in, 1,2,4 and I'm now nearing the end of an 8-hr build. I did notice that the price also went up, but not specific prices. I've now got the Houseboat, and it came with the Sea Captain. He did not cost any donuts as possibly reported on the EA boards.

EDIT - My next piece of "Boardwalk" costs $2500, and is a 12-hr build.

I haven't unlocked anything else.

So far, Seaport looks good, but I have a feeling unlocking everything could take awhile. I guess that's good, as it would encourage game play. Time will tell.

Its actually good to see them add content that could take a while to get. Kind of the whole point of a game to have some "goals" to look forward to.

I noticed some of the "quest" items also appear under premium items. Since its been so long since there has been anything really to "quest" for, are those going to cost donuts or just quests? Since it doesn't say how many donuts they are going to cost.

Just started building the Itchy and Scratchy store. I am glad that they seemed to have made it take longer. I'm thinking we'll be able to get boardwalk pieces with tasks as well, otherwise it'll take months to build up the boardwalk.

It looks like if you visit friend's towns that have a boardwalk piece ready, you can click it for money and XP. Doesn't look like it is anymore than what you get for clicking on buildings so that isn't much of an incentive to start visiting towns again.

Has anyone gotten past building the Itchy and Scratchy store yet? I have all of my non-premium characters free and nothing is triggering yet???

Yeah, that was a problem for me too. I put the Itchy & Scratchy store in my storage after it was built, pulled it back out and it triggered Bart and Millhouse to shop at the store for 4 hours. A weird glitch i think.

Has anyone gotten past building the Itchy and Scratchy store yet? I have all of my non-premium characters free and nothing is triggering yet???

Yeah, that was a problem for me too. I put the Itchy & Scratchy store in my storage after it was built, pulled it back out and it triggered Bart and Millhouse to shop at the store for 4 hours. A weird glitch i think.

I did the same thing, but it never asked me to have Bart and Milhouse do anything. The dialogue seemed to repeat, and then it asked me to build the next thing.

That worked thanks! Got Bart and Milhouse on their task and it unlocked a bunch of the stands, characters and decorations. Looks like that explains why everyone's rating shot down, there is a ton of "stores" and restaurants" to add now.

Apparently, theres a glitch with building the boardwalk pieces and people visiting. If someone taps your boardwalk piece, it makes it disappear, and they will now only get money and XP. In other words, DO NOT click on someone else's boardwalk pieces because they will lose them. You would think it would speed up the task like with the farm, but it doesn't.