TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Simpsons Tapped Out

Here's what was reported in the update raw files (from the EA Forums):

Today's update was clear :

1)Next update will remove Valentine's day.

2)Gil is coming back soon. They made a folder named : promotionsgame, and inside theres two folders about GIL's reappearance. But I couldnt dig deeper into what could be the promotions. Still... it says in the file : BIG promo.

3)Its officially the first time, I see 'specifics' about WHACKING DAY : I saw New tasks for Homer/Ned :

-homer_play_happy_little_elves_active.bcell

-homer_search_for_snakes_front_walk.bcell

-ned_abolish_snakes_active.bcell

4)Krusty Kamp coming at the same time, cauze those items are still there:

- camping tent

- krusty themed totem pole

- ice cream cart

5)New Building : 50ftmagnifyglass

6)As of now. Nothing else.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^So if the next update will remove Valentine's day, are we to assume all of the hearts we have accumulated will just go to waste?

Not necessarily.

After the Halloween update, the candy was all "eaten by Homer" and there was quite a large outcry by players claiming wasted time. So 2-3 days before the Christmas update was coming to an end (where players collected "Santa Coins) you had the option to exchange your coins for "Mystery Stockings". The Mystery Stockings contained either Doughnuts (1,2, or 3) or a reindeer (which could be sold for $500 IIRC).

That's why you see a lot of players with random reindeer or petting zoos. So, most of us are assuming that we'll be able to exchange the hearts for something, as it will keep the players interested.

Since the update has been announced for Feb. 28, you can expect (if this exchange happens) an update/announcement 2-3 days before then, giving players the chance to exchange their hearts for whatever they decide to offer.

Reading all those threads of people who are looking into the raw files of the game, these are the same people who saw the code for the Santa Stocking before it happened, and seeing that the only call outs to Valentine's Day in the code now are just that it "goes away", I'm not placing any bets on there being something to exchange hearts for, other than the items that you can already buy, and then sell for money.

I'm going to wait until the 27th, just in case, but I'm doubtful anything else will happen.

Also, I wouldn't wait until the 28th, because if you remember right, the Santa thing disappeared mid-day on the date they said it would go away, and a lot of people were pissed because they thought they had that entire day to finish collecting.

--Robb

I'm going to wait until the 27th, just in case, but I'm doubtful anything else will happen.

You're probably right. Especially since you know where to look for these things. Sucks, as I have over 2200 hearts now.

Also, I wouldn't wait until the 28th, because if you remember right, the Santa thing disappeared mid-day on the date they said it would go away, and a lot of people were pissed because they thought they had that entire day to finish collecting.

True.

Yeah, I have 2,300 hearts, and while I wasn't really expecting another donut machine like they did with the Santa Coins, I was actually hopeful there would be something else released that you could buy.

Seems that this update was almost as complex as Christmas, and was hoping they would have released part 2 of it, like they did for Christmas, half-way through the event.

I gotta be honest, I'm starting to lose interest in the game. While I still find the concept and the new items fun and appealing, I can't help but to think I'm a bit bored of the every-day repetitive nature of things, and was really hoping that some sort of in-game mini-game would have been released to help fill the void when you have "nothing to do", but the reality is there just isn't anything to do in the game for me at the moment.

And these special events ARE a really nice way to break up that monotony, but I kind of feel they are dragged on a bit too long, and kind of half-baked. Still annoyed that the climactic moment in the Christmas update was getting a character that didn't have any tasks, the last premium character released cost me 90 donuts, and doesn't talk and has limited actions (Shauna), and now this Valentine's update seemed to have about 2-3 days worth of content in it at the most, and now I'm just collecting hearts so I can get more rose bushes and fences. Yay!

I dunno, I like the game, but there are so many little and "cheap" (meaning low-cost to development and minimal effort) things they could be doing with the game at each update to help add a bit more to it, but I'm just finding myself playing less and less now....

Yeah, I'm just going to wait till the 27th then buy a crapload of trains and sell them for cash.

I still like the game, but I'm not visiting peoples towns anymore and mostly set my guys for 4 or 8 hours, not 60 minutes like I used to.

I'm not visiting nearly as much as I did before, but still a little trying to get the escalator. They really need to make the challenges more difficult. The Christmas one was a lot more involved and took a little whole to complete, but as Robb said, the final stuff to get was lame. This one took me only about two days to finish. It's a fun game, but instead of an update and frantic playing for a week, and then nothing for a few weeks, it needs to be more consistent. For example, they could have released one Valentines item every three days, or something similar. Of course, their servers wouldn't be able to handle it. Also, last night while playing I lost about $40,000 and about 30,000 XP. I visited some friends houses and when I came back they were missing. At least I still had all my doughnuts.

^Along those same lines I wonder why they haven't built in more in between tasks. Think about the Krabapple apartments and how long it took to do all of those tasks. That's not art or memory or server, just simple programming. Seems like they could have made the Ralph and Chemistri builds take longer between them.

^Along those same lines I wonder why they haven't built in more in between tasks. Think about the Krabapple apartments and how long it took to do all of those tasks. That's not art or memory or server, just simple programming. Seems like they could have made the Ralph and Chemistri builds take longer between them.

And I'm sure it's not even programming. I have to think there is a scripting system that the programmers have given the designers that make it easy for them to add and assign tasks to characters. I've seen tools like this before. You click on a character, have a drop down menu for tasks they'll have, buildings they need to go to, animations they'll play, the text that appears on screen, and the amount of time, money and XP involved.

It would take nothing for EA to add a few new "tasks" to couple of charactersevery single time they do an update. Even just giving each character something new to do would be a welcome change in the game. Why do some characters, like Milhouse have an insane amount of tasks you can send them on, but some character that you pay money for, like Shauna or Bumblebee Man, have like 5 or 6 and that's it.

And I know how quickly it is to make these kind of animations, considering most of them aren't many frames. In fact, I'm sure the approval process for the animation takes longer than the actual animation does to create.

I just feel like EA has gotten lazy with this game, and it's been in the top ten "top grossing" iPhone apps (of ALL apps, not just games) for months now.

If you're making that much money, EA, you can afford a day or two of an animators time and make a few new tasks for the characters.

Yeah, I was hoping for doughnuts as well. I've been winning mostly $750-1000, so it's not too bad. I just hate how long it takes to buy and redeem. Of course they put it right next to the Mystery Love Box in hopes that you will accidentally hit it and lose 5 doughnuts!

Edited by jray21

I agree with Robb. Hell, teh intro video of this game actually makes fun of how easy it is to spend real money without realizing it, and then the game seems to be designed to purposefully make you waste donuts.

It's the most brilliantly ironic game ever. And it's making EA tons of cash apparenlty. There has probalby been a staggering number of donuts used accidentally. Just scrolling through the purchases is risky. Many times when I'm visiting towns, it will register just a tap, instead of a scroll, and open a town. I'm sure plenty of folks have spent money on donuts, been scrolling to the Volcano Lair, and accidently chosen the Springfield sign instead, or something similar.

If they cared, you would be able to choose to sell the purchase back within a minute for full value.

-R

Ugh, why isn't there a are you sure you want to by this doughnut item pop up, accidentally purchased Shawna. 90 saved up doughtnuts gone in a second.

My past dealings with EA tells me things like this are done on purpose!

Totally done on puros$e... And it works...

Anyone else kind of let down by Gills offer this go around?