TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Simpsons Tapped Out

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it's confusing. If they don't automatically give you the next level when it comes out because you've rolled over your XP (and it's looking like they might not...the bonus present seems to replace the auto-leveling up), then in theory, if Elissa, for example, rolls over her levels 3 times in the same amount of time I'm still working to completing level 25, then she might have to collect 200,000 XP to get to level 26 while I only have to collect 121,000 XP.

I guess they will say "Well, we gave you free donuts?"

^ That's what I was thinking they might do. I am glad I'm getting doughnuts from them, just got another 3 yesterday, but it will be annoying if we end up way behind to bump to the next level. I don't think I got any money for the second time I maxed out my level, but at least I got three doughnuts instead of one or two.

Finally got my popsicle sky scraper, but it's not nearly as cool as the escalator to nowhere!

Finally got my popsicle sky scraper, but it's not nearly as cool as the escalator to nowhere!

I saw that. I agree, especially after seeing Elissa's escalator. So I started mine last night. I figured that with at least 22 days till the next update, I should be well over 1.5 million again, so I should be ready for whatever shows up.

^Yeah but the problem is there are like 10 versions of iPhones/iPads/iPods that the game plays on and EA can barely get that to work, now they've released it for Android which as about 4000 different devices. If they can't get origin and the game to work on the small amount of Apple devices how do you think they could ever troubleshoot and get the game to work on 4000 different devices!!!

^ What she said. This is one of the main reasons why a lot of games are not made for Android.

^^ Jason, but you have to remember, that number doesn't reflect the amount of people who download and buy apps. There are more Android devices out there simply because there are more carriers that give them away for free. As someone who has now spent time over the last year developing a mobile app game (and someone who spent 22 years in the video games business), while Google loves to promote that fact there are more 'devices', they don't promote the fact that they have much fewer customers actually "buying apps" from their app store.

--Robb "And that will be the end of the iPhone vs Android discussion." Alvey

Edited by robbalvey

I have three slots open for new friend towns! Feel free to add me.

Yeah... I'm about to start dumping people (15-20) that haven't updated yet. A lot of those people just came off a Christmas Tapped Out FB thread. They have no valentines stuff purchased, or still have all their Christmas lights up and haven't been playing at all.

I'll start by adding more of the people from this list (the one that Chris is keeping up on).

I'm starting to hoard the hearts, hoping we get a shot a more doughnuts.

My escalator finishes tonight!!!

^ Yay, my escalator finishes tonight too.

The other day when I maxed out level 25, I got the three boxes to choose and I collected my three donuts. Then it opened again to pick another box so I collected donuts again. It kept coming back up so I just kept collecting donuts a bunch of times. I got about 65 free donuts from doing that! Anybody else have that happen? Or was I just lucky?!