TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Simpsons Tapped Out

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found a cool glitch - at least I think it's a glitch.

I added a bunch more brown houses, made them christmasy, and they ALL inherited the same time frame for the Santa coins as the ones I started yesterday. I only have 1 hour left for my first batch of coins, and all the houses I just added (about 10 more) now only have 1 hour left on them. So with all these extra coins, I'll have my "Mapple" store before the end of the night.

Another tip (If you didn't already know) tap a normal Homer 10x and you get a Jebediah Springfield statue.

JJ

Found a cool glitch - at least I think it's a glitch.

I added a bunch more brown houses, made them christmasy, and they ALL inherited the same time frame for the Santa coins as the ones I started yesterday. I only have 1 hour left for my first batch of coins, and all the houses I just added (about 10 more) now only have 1 hour left on them.

If you go into my town, you'll see that I now have about 25 brown houses to collect the coins! I really was trying to play the game without doing too much farming by making "slums", but with the limited time on the coins, you kinda have to now...

I was excited about that as well, but it ended up only giving 5 coins per house type, not the number of houses. So even though I have about 8 brown houses, I only got 5 coins total. Too bad. Looks like visiting friends is going to be the way to do it. One little tip, when visiting your friends sometimes they don't have any decorated houses available yet. Usually, the Simpsons house is the only one. You can just click on it, then leave and come back every 45 seconds and it will regenerate so you can get you 3 coins from each player, even the ones without that many decorations. I'm going to just use my coins to decorate the houses first, to build up my coin 'return' in the future. the Mapple store is available, but it costs 150 and isn't a limited time option so I'll wait until I get all the decorations up first.

Edited by jray21

I was excited about that as well, but it ended up only giving 5 coins per house type, not the number of houses.

Ahh, ok. In a way that makes me feel better about the game overall. Having an exploit like that would have been kind of obnoxious. So yeah, gonna really work on adding people, I guess!

People! GET YOUR XMAS LIGHTS UP!!!!

I'll leave a couple of rows of brown houses so that people can come grab the coins at least...

I was excited about that as well, but it ended up only giving 5 coins per house type, not the number of houses. So even though I have about 8 brown houses, I only got 5 coins total. Too bad.

Yeah. I just now found that out. Bummer. Now my town looks like slums. But, I'm going to leave them up for now. They generate lots of xp and $, if I can harvest all the time. I can live with that for now.

Oh, one other thing to help save time when visiting friends. You don't have to manually click on all the individual money, XP and coins after you click on their buildings. Once the items pop out of the house/building then you can exit and it will automatically collect all of the coins/Money/XP, and also collect the final XP bonus for clicking on three things. If you do a building with spray paint or a mop, you have to wait for the 1 second animation to finish and for the stuff to pop out before you leave or it won't register it. This will save you a ton of time when you have a large amount of friends. You can just visit, click three buildings real quick, and leave without having to click all the goodies or the final thank you XP.

Anyone else having problems requesting friends? People can request me, but I am not able to search for friends.

Do you have 99 friends? I believe that's the limit. I'm at the point now where if some of the other Springfields I have on my list don't have XMAS lights by tomorrow night, I'll replace them with others. Was able to collect 150 Santa Coins pretty easily today with all the friends that had XMAS lights so far!

--Robb "Thanks neighbors!" Alvey

Anyone else having problems requesting friends? People can request me, but I am not able to search for friends.

Do you have 99 friends? I believe that's the limit. I'm at the point now where if some of the other Springfields I have on my list don't have XMAS lights by tomorrow night, I'll replace them with others. Was able to collect 150 Santa Coins pretty easily today with all the friends that had XMAS lights so far!

--Robb "Thanks neighbors!" Alvey

I'm only at 81 right now. I was a little higher, but I deleted anyone who hadn't logged in for over 2 weeks. I'll also start deleting people who don't have Christmas lights. When I try to add someone, the "Results Loading" screen just keeps going and going. Every once in a while, It'll work, but it literally takes about 2-3 minutes of waiting. Gotta love the EA servers!

My username is 1137me_69...yes, I know it's a terrible username. I didn't really think I would ever really use my Origin/EA account so I came up with a ridiculous name. But anyway, anyone is free to add me if they'd like!

I have 3 houses with lights up right now, working on getting more of them done. So please bear with me in the meantime and I'll try to get everything lit up!

Sending requests to SharkTums and KidTums if that's okay. Robb already added me about a week ago (thank you, by the way)!