TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Going to Dollywood

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's hard to go wrong with anything at Dollywood, if you're into country cooking. The skillet stands offer plenty of great stuff, and Granny Ogle's Ham 'n' Beans has been a mainstay of TPR visits there. If you want some bizarre contrified entertainment with your meal, try Miss Lillian's Fried Chicken--you'll most likely be accosted by Miss Lillian herself.

And, yes, cinnamon bread!

You really can't go wring with anything in that park. Personally I'd suggest getting the cinnamon bread for sure with frosting for dipping, and the doing Miss Lillian's, The foods good and she is such a character that needs to be experienced. The huge slices of pizza are decent but I'd skip them for any of the skillet food.

You really can't go wring with anything in that park. Personally I'd suggest getting the cinnamon bread for sure with frosting for dipping, and the doing Miss Lillian's, The foods good and she is such a character that needs to be experienced. The huge slices of pizza are decent but I'd skip them for any of the skillet food.

Quoted for accuracy.. The food REALLY is a step above a normal theme park.. The places I'd personally skip would be the 50's burger joint near the Dolly Parton museum and as Shawn mentioned the pizza. That being said, both of these food choices are better than you'd find in any other theme park (EPCOT excluded).. For instance, the burger joint features a 1950's coke machine that serves "mexican coke" or coke with real sugar in a glass bottle.... The food choices are "that good"

1) Cinnamon Bread. MULTIPLE times. Get there early..

2) The chicken place - what others have said above.

3) The kettle corn

4) The skillets. I had the philly cheese steak one and it was 'okay'.. But there are lots of different ones to try.

5) Dolly's bus. (Yes, bus. Bust also, if she'll be there)

Other tips:

I don't know how crowds will be, but you might want to get a Q-bot for $15- the employees are awesome enough to tell you whether or not you need one.

If you're renting a car, go to Ober-Gatlinburg. If it's your own car and you like replacing brakes, then you should also go to Ober-Gatlinburg.

Get Mystery Mine over with.. it closes down a lot.

Stay in a cabin..

Go see Jurassic Jungle Boat ride. Seriously. Thank us later.

This thread just reminded me that I need to make it out to the park before the end of the year.

To answer your question, try one of the places to eat at the link below:

http://www.dollywood.com/themepark/dining.aspx

Seriously though, I actually like Aunt Granny's Buffet this time of the year. They usually change it up with the more traditional Christmasy/Thanksgivingy foods.