TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Rumbling Mine Coaster

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to get this terrain wooden coaster credit. It is not listed in RCDB It has a old tin shack tunnel with a miner lamp and bigger dips as the ride goes on.

I would never count a backyard coaster as a "credit" - if this thing counts, then I'm gonna go set up a shopping kart on a piece of plywood out back and count that too!

It's cool that someone would put this together in their own backyard, but it's not a "credit" by any stretch of the imagination.

^ I wouldn't even count those.

I really have an issue with someone saying "Yeah, I went over to this guys house and rode a contraption he put together in his backyard....it's on my coaster list!!!"

I guess it's sort of like saying a coaster needs to have been "published" to give it some legitimacy or something, you know?

It's like I said, if people are really gonna count "backyard coasters", I'll run down to Home Depot tomorrow, put something together in my backyard with some two by fours and my office chair, and charge people $500 to get the "credit."

I guess it's sort of like saying a coaster needs to have been "published" to give it some legitimacy or something, you know?

I wasn't sure how to put my thoughts into words, but this is perfect. It's kind of like you need a team of designers and engineers (ie. coaster manufacturer, in-house engineers like those used for Fire in the Hole and Blazing Fury, and some Disney coasters) in order for a coaster to be legitimate.

It's like I said, if people are really gonna count "backyard coasters", I'll run down to Home Depot tomorrow, put something together in my backyard with some two by fours and my office chair, and charge people $500 to get the "credit."

Will there be a Club TPR discount for your "backyard coaster credit"?

The only reason people would consider a homemade coaster a "credit" is so they can brag about it to others, like coaster count really matters.

And sadly, I'm sure some people would pay $500 for Shopping Cart O'Fun, just so they could brag about riding it. Of course, you could totally take advantage of those people by swapping out some boards and advertising an "all-new" layout!

dt

I like the possibility of a goat butting the ride vehicle and derailing it--gives it an extra touch of farm-related danger.

Golden Horse is already planning to steal this design.

Edited by cfc

These are probably the only backyard coasters I would count.

I would definitely count these as credits, because it is clear that time and effort went into making them. They didn't just lay down some "2x4s and put a shopping cart on them" (which is definitely not a credit). They probably put a lot of engineering in this ride, so I think it should be considered "legit."

This is considered a credit on RCDB, so I would definitely count the two coasters above. More work went into making the coasters above (or at least the first one) than was put into this Miner Mike. So what if it's not "published," if you make beer in your backyard, it's still beer even if you don't try officially make it a business. It will definitely not be quality beer, but it will be beer nevertheless. (I'm not saying roller coasters are like beer either, two different things.) If some boardwalk were to purchase one of the rides above and put it on their boardwalk, would you call it a credit then? Nothing has changed about it, just it's location.

This is just my two cents on it, not meant to offend anybody.

This is just my two cents on it, not meant to offend anybody.

Differing opinions are always welcome, if presented in a civil manner.

My bigger issue I have with the John Ivers coasters is the lack of a legitimate operating schedule. If you have find the owner to schedule a ride I don't count is as a credit. If the coasters were open to the public every fourth Sunday of the month from June-August from 10AM-11AM, yeah then I would count it.

My bigger issue I have with the John Ivers coasters is the lack of a legitimate operating schedule. If you have find the owner to schedule a ride I don't count is as a credit. If the coasters were open to the public every fourth Sunday of the month from June-August from 10AM-11AM, yeah then I would count it.

That is a good point, so I'm guessing you wouldn't count this coaster?

This is the only backyard coaster I would count...

Some guy bought this B. A. Schiff coaster off ebay

Yupp, he also put his dog on it