TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

NEWS: Mumbai to gain country's largest coaster in new park

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That B&M Floorless they put in there looks like a larger version of Batman: The Dark Knight at Six Flags New England, only with a different (and rather strange) first drop. Of course, any country that can put one of these in their park deserves high praise, and the ride, plus the Premier LSM dark ride coaster, look like fun rides.

The official launch page for Nitro can be found here: http://park.adlabsimagica.com/nitro-launch.

I especially love the unintentionally comical audio. My favorite phrase from it is, "...just you and your deepest, darkest fears on a one-way trip...to HELL!" (dun dun dun).

Here are Nitro's official stats from rcdb.com and the Adlabs Imagica website (both places have incomplete data, but are complete when they are combined):

Opened: 9 October 2013

Height: 132 feet

Length: 2,800 feet

Speed: 65.2 mph

Inversions: 5

Ride time: 150 seconds

Cars per train: 6

For those wondering why Nitro only has 6-car trains, it's because Nitro is a "smaller" floorless model (for B&M) like Daemonen at Tivoli Gardens, which also has 6-car trains.

For those wondering why Nitro only has 6-car trains, it's because Nitro is a "smaller" floorless model (for B&M) like Daemonen at Tivoli Gardens, which also has 6-car trains.

Yeah, the ride is 132 feet tall, there's not really anything small about it. Whatever the reason for the short trains it is not the size of the coaster.

Much more likely the way it was designed or customer request.

Yeah, the ride is 132 feet tall, there's not really anything small about it. Whatever the reason for the short trains it is not the size of the coaster.

Much more likely the way it was designed or customer request.

Mre cars means more $ for maintaining so I think it would be a reason. Plus the first drop might have some ejector on the back row if the train gets longer which I think it's really "not B&M" so B&M shortened the trsin to make it "B&M" Just guessing...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For some reason I get the idea that lighter trains achieve higher speeds on the drops more easily but then lose more than the heavier ones in the high elements. I don't know why but that's the feeling I get, sometimes with floorless vs sitting models (does anyone know if floorless trains are heavier than sitting ones? They somehow look that way but I'm not sure). Anyway, if they have less rows they at least appear to move a bit more quickly through some elements (to me).

• 2 weeks later...

Deep Space certainly looks like a better roller coaster than Rock n' Roller Coaster but I think that Rock n' Roller Coaster would be a better complete experience (queue + pre-show + coaster). But obviously I haven't been to India, so...

• 1 month later...