TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hockeyman55 - Theme Park Pics Thru My Eyes

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually bring these lenses with me when I head out to the parks. My bag has grown to become pretty heavy over the past year lol. The Sony 35mm is what I used on my dark ride shots

Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 XR

Rokinon 8mm Ultra Wide Angle f/3.5 Fisheye Lens

Tamron 70-300mm f/4.0 DI LD

Sony 35mm f/1.8 lens

Excellent work. I wish I had time to take lots of photos outside of say, Kings Island. I only had 4 hours with a parkhopper pass last time I went to Disney so I'd love to have a day with Disney to just shoot photos. Love the small scale lens, I only have zoom lenses, I have to wait a bit before I buy a wide angle lens. Right now I'm working with a black and white 35mm camera haha. Also 200-300mm Nikon lens with my D40.

Excellent work. I wish I had time to take lots of photos outside of say, Kings Island. I only had 4 hours with a parkhopper pass last time I went to Disney so I'd love to have a day with Disney to just shoot photos. Love the small scale lens, I only have zoom lenses, I have to wait a bit before I buy a wide angle lens. Right now I'm working with a black and white 35mm camera haha. Also 200-300mm Nikon lens with my D40.

Thanks PKI

I wish I had more time also, going to the parks during the day with two toddlers and a pregnant wife is a handful in itself lol, but I manage to get some photos in here and there. The widest lens I have is my 8mm fisheye and have been kicking around the idea of getting a wide lens that isn't a fisheye but have cooled off spending money on new glass for now.

Today's picture is from Illuminations at Epcot taken from the balcony in Japan. Illuminations has always given me trouble trying to photograph whether it was a bad location or just me not knowing what I was doing. Going in this time I knew exactly where I wanted to go to shoot and ended up camping out a ridiculous amount of time to make sure I got that spot. This was one of only a few decent ones I got of the show but still pretty happy with how it came out.

8459532579_8af0442bc1_b.thumb.jpg.ab8845f0bbcdfa46ccb10e539928791f.jpg

Long exposures sure are fun. Composition of all photos really evokes emotion. Colors are fantastic. All around fun in each shot. Very excited to see what's too come.

As others mentioned, be careful with shadows and reflections of yourself. There is always away to tweak depth of field with the lens used, aperture, and your position. Or you can just blur areas of the photo in post production.

Today's pictures are brought to you by Animal Kingdom.

The first picture I took while walking the trails the intertwine behind the Tree of Life and Bug's Life. Was my first time really back there and was a nice change of pace with how quiet and peaceful it is back there. Not a big fan of the nets they put up though.

The second picture is from the Maharajah Jungle Trek and just happened to get there as this Tiger was getting up. Shooting through the dirty glass is never fun but better than being on the other side of the glass with the tiger

8474121171_30807998e8_b.thumb.jpg.1c9260d8b71c0f2d48039154fd1e0e03.jpg

8475187274_2c84b459eb_b.thumb.jpg.ead305a34df3a8dc9bfa85db043b3e3b.jpg

That second one looks like it took a lot of patience to get right. I like it a lot!

Thank You! I took about 15-20 pictures while at that spot as the tiger got up just to make sure I got a decent one lol. When I first got there the tiger was sleeping and withing a min or so it woke up and starting moving around so I snapped away since I had no clue how long I had. Sure enough it laid back down and fell back asleep almost as quickly as it got up.

Today's pictures are brought to you by me form Saturday afternoon's Florida Panthers v Tampa Bay Lightning hockey game. I know what your thinking, how does this have anything to do with theme parks? It doesn't, but it sure is fun to watch guys skating 30 mph beating the crap out of each other!

8479799835_c537f97af1_b.thumb.jpg.66f4f4a64f165a1c48977cec223a7799.jpg

Pre game warm ups

8479864993_7feaafd0c1_b.thumb.jpg.4378c25167a33b45f049447adda8731f.jpg

This looks like it may hurt

8479768183_96dbf29f78_b.thumb.jpg.8aab4281e88544d4d51b23ac81f5ee27.jpg

Ceremonial puck drop

8479732071_ab48c6847c_b.thumb.jpg.ba523759e2c2be1f0ac29dafaef67a88.jpg

Cheerleader Buffet

This is probably my favorite shot of the night lol.

I really like the Dumbo and the castle ones for some strange reason. The odd color of the castle mixes well with the fireworks.
Just finished going through the last few pages; loving everything. The tiger shot, the Illuminations fireworks, the HM on-ride shots, it's all GOLD.

THank you both very much!

• 2 weeks later...