TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

New Theme Park Game - Theme Park Studio

Hello,

This is Steve with Pantera Entertainment. Our company develops for PS3, Xbox, and PC.

We have a new title coming out called for PC called 'Theme Park Studio'. We basically have merged Hyper Rails, an older title of ours, with our new proprietary graphics' engine.

Here is a link with a screenshot, video, and some descriptive text.

http://www.facebook.com/ThemeParkStudio

It only contains one video and screenshot. I will be updating it with more screenshots and tutorials over the next months. If you would like to keep up to date, we hope you will 'Like' our facebook page.

I am posting to this forum hoping to get some feedback. We started out with a specific UI style, seen in the video. Later, when we decided to merge our graphics' engine, we switched to windows gui. This gave it a more technical look, less game-like. Although the game-like style was lost, the advantages gained included better performance, customization, and dialogs that can be hidden, resized, docked, or pinned.

There are numerous other dialogs, the screenshot I posted only shows the node, particle, track and train dialogs. I will be uploading more screenshots and tutorials as we progress. We will also be looking for beta testers in the near future.

Feedback is welcome. Thank you

Steve

Edited by robbalvey

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pantera....that name rings a bell (I'm not talking about the band )

Weren't you the guys that made Roller Coaster Factory? I could never get that game to run right on my computer... Anyways, it looks very good. Could this be the proverbial "holy grail" of Roller Coaster Tycoon esque games?

Hey Steve! Welcome to TPR, usually we prefer a link to a product from someone that's been around awhile, but this looks interesting.

Please keep us updated here as well! This kind of reminds me of Trainz by Auran.

Thank you. I look forward to keeping you updated as we progress.

Thank you everyone for all your replies. Additional screenshots, videos, and tutorials will be posted on our facebook page soon. They will provide greater detail of all the features our engine can support.

Steve

I'm glad I visited the games forum (I don't pop too much in this area, not as much as I should) and found this thread. First off, I totally remember the Roller Coaster Factory games, being one of my first coaster-related games I have ever played. I'm excited to see where this goes. You guys were discussing a UI, I myself favor the Windows UI over a 'game UI' as I use No Limits quite often. Back in the day I tried Scream Machines (a 'competing' simulator back when NL came out) and just could not adjust to its UI.

I decided to share the Facebook page on my Facebook as there's several TPR members/coaster fanatics I'm friends with, may as well spread the word!

I'm glad I visited the games forum (I don't pop too much in this area, not as much as I should) and found this thread. First off, I totally remember the Roller Coaster Factory games, being one of my first coaster-related games I have ever played. I'm excited to see where this goes. You guys were discussing a UI, I myself favor the Windows UI over a 'game UI' as I use No Limits quite often. Back in the day I tried Scream Machines (a 'competing' simulator back when NL came out) and just could not adjust to its UI.

I decided to share the Facebook page on my Facebook as there's several TPR members/coaster fanatics I'm friends with, may as well spread the word!

Thank you for your support.

I greatly appreciate you sharing the Facebook page on your Facebook page. The success of this title depends on two things, making a quality product and public awareness. We are working hard to make the title great and are listening to what features players want included. Not having deep pockets makes public awareness our biggest challenge. Thanks again for helping with that effort.

Ooh, I like the look of this so far! The track editor looks almost miraculous. Easy to use like RCT's, but much more flexible by the look of it.

Is this going to be just a roller coaster builder, or will we be able to build and run entire parks (flat rides, food stalls, etc) as in RCT? I'm sure I'll enjoy it either way, but if it's the latter, this could be really amazing.

Sorry, it is not available for Mac.

That's too bad. You should at least have someone test the game on a Mac's Boot Camp and/or Parallels Desktop to make sure it works properly on those platforms.

Ooh, I like the look of this so far! The track editor looks almost miraculous. Easy to use like RCT's, but much more flexible by the look of it.

Is this going to be just a roller coaster builder, or will we be able to build and run entire parks (flat rides, food stalls, etc) as in RCT? I'm sure I'll enjoy it either way, but if it's the latter, this could be really amazing.

It will have more features than just coaster editing. Theme Park Studio is a suite of tools that will allow you to build an entire park, with flat rides and mini games.

Just wondering, is there a projected release time? Also are you guys planning on just digital distribution or will this software be available in major retailers/game stores? Really looking forward to what could be the RCT killer (NL killed RCT with it's coaster editor but lacked the rest of the whole park creation aspect, which I'm highly excited about).

It will have more features than just coaster editing. Theme Park Studio is a suite of tools that will allow you to build an entire park, with flat rides and mini games.

Kay, I'm sold. I hope we don't have to wait too long!

I like the looks of this.

You've said a couple times the program will have plenty of customization, does that extend to flat rides as well or custom object creation? (See Google Sketchup, etc.)

Edit for clarity: Flat rides, meaning able to create your own, customize the ride cycle (for rides such as Top Spins and the like)