TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Coaster Expedition or RAW? What should we make next?

What DVD series should we focus on next?  

161 members have voted

1. 1. What DVD series should we focus on next?

• Roller Coasters in the RAW
    • Coaster Expedition

Hey guys!

It's been a couple of years since we did a "Coaster Expedition" DVD, and no, the series is not "dead", we just haven't had the time to produce another one recently. But that's where this question comes in - what do you prefer? What should we focus on for the next release? Coaster Expedition or Roller Coasters in the RAW?

Vote in the poll, and please.... PLEASE post your reasons why! Thanks for your feedback!

--Robb

Here are some sample videos...

Coaster Expedition Series:

Roller Coasters in the RAW Series:

Edited by robbalvey

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the POV videos, but I prefer randomly coming across them on your Facebook page or searching for them on YouTube. As far as sitting down and watching a full-length DVD, I prefer the music videos of you guys enjoying the entire parks, especially when you are on an international tour of some parks most of us have never even heard of before. That's why I vote Coaster Expedition.

I would love to see a new Coaster Expedition created since it's been a while since a new one has been done. I've always enjoyed that series in that it showed off the parks as well as the coasters. Also seeing all the fun being had In the Coaster Expedition videos was a big part of what convinced me to sign up for a TPR trip.

Coaster Expedition, definitely. I love seeing what goes on during a Theme Park Review tour, and those videos could really help people who are "on the fence" about a tour make a decision.

Keep making both series though!

On a side note, I would love to see a full-length video series that gives entertaining and informative tours of parks. Kind of like the Park Index, but in video form.

I voted for the Coaster Expedition series. All of the TPR dvds that I own are from that series, and I really enjoy watching all of the silly antics in the videos. The clips from those videos (particularly Universal and Islands of Adventure) are what made me start coming to this site on a regular basis, plus they've allowed me to be exposed to music that I wouldn't normally be, which is always a plus. I like the RAW videos that are put up on facebook and youtube, but for sheer entertainment, I much prefer the Coaster Expeditions.

I voted for Coaster Expeditions. I love the RAW series, because the POV's are always brilliant, but like it's been said it's been a while since the Coaster Expeditions was done, and I like the fact that you get to see a bit more of the parks than just the coasters. Because half the fun on a TPR trip, is everything else that is random that happens that's not a coaster, and the Expedition series showcases that.

I voted for ''Coaster Expedition'. To get an impression of what is happening during a TPR trip, 'Coaster Exoedition' definitely is the best way to experience it. It will help people to do a TPR trip or not! Furthermore, it's fantastic to get an impression of the different parks and the atmosphere there! It's always awesome to watch these videos because you choose such great music!

While I love Coasters in the RAW, I would really love to see another Coaster Expedition. The RAW series has covered so many world-class coasters by now, it might be getting hard to fill up a disc with some quality coasters. Also, like some have already said that both are awesome in their own way, a new 'Expedition' feature would be 'fresh' after several RAW issues.

The RAW series has covered so many world-class coasters by now, it might be getting hard to fill up a disc with some quality coasters.

This was actually a huge concern doing RAW 7! In fact, if it wasn't for all the amazing steel coasters we ended up riding this year, RAW 7 probably wouldn't have happened!

We actually haven't shot footage for a Coaster Expedition Series in the past couple of years, but we have a TON of footage from 2009 and 2010 that still has yet to be seen! I'm sure people wouldn't even mind if some of the content was a couple of years old?

This feedback is GREAT, BTW! Thank you!

--Robb

I know it is a lot of work for you but I prefer the Coaster Expedition Series because the focus is not solely on coasters. I like seeing more of the parks and people along with different rides.

Something about watching someone get sprayed in the face on a rapids ride/Top Spin, spinning out of control on tea cups faling down in a Fun House just makes me laugh and keeps me entertained.

The RAW titles are amazing and have alot of good and surprising content to them. However, it's been awhile since a Coaster Expedition has been released and I would love to see one of them centered around the Northeast/Road to CP tour last summer. Not just because I was on it, it's because of all the awesome memories I had on that trip and I still continue to tell people over a year later how awesome it was. I would like something to show them either be a DVD or Blu-Ray, it would be cool to use it as a selling point for friends and family of mine to join me on a trip.

I remember the old Coaster Seasons on VHS, that's what got me sold on the tapes/DVD/Blu-Rays. Back then, I liked the videos because you seemed to be great people to hang out with at the parks. Those videos showed me alot of parks I could only dream of getting to at the time, when I was 11-12 years old. But now, I can join the tours and hang out while making friends in the process.

I'm sold for another Coaster Expedition! I look forward to whatever you put out in general, just keep making awesome content and productions.

Something about watching someone get sprayed in the face on a rapids ride/Top Spin, spinning out of control on tea cups falling down in a Fun House just makes me laugh and keeps me entertained.

This too, as well is one of the bigger reasons the Coaster Expedition titles amuse me!

My vote is for the Expedition video. It gives you more of a chance to see what the whole park is like and not just a coaster. They are very entertaining and should give people a great feel for the fun to be had on a TPR trip.

I voted for Coaster Expedition. While I love them both, it has been a very long time for the Coaster Expeditions. I think its time for a rebirth. I don't think anyone will mind that the footage is a couple years old. The two series are SOOOO diferent that there are definitely room for both of them.

While I love both, I prefer the coaster expedition videos over the raw for the same reasons I prefer Theme Park Review to coaster sites: It's all about the parks, not just the coasters!

I always look forward to when I can sit down, relax, and enjoy a coaster expedition!

Coaster Expedition. While you guys do get some of the best pov footage of coasters, you're not the only ones doing it, and a POV is, for the most part, a POV. The coaster expedition videos are simply more TPR. There's a lot more uniqueness, a lot more of the group's personality shown in it, with the random craziness in the parks, the humor, even the music. Roller Coasters in the Raw are great POVs, and fun to watch, but it's the stuff filmed in the coaster expedition videos that makes TPR what it is.

Coaster Expedition. The RAW DVDs are amazing, but I prefer watching more than just coasters. I know the CE stuff takes a ton of work to put together, but I have enjoyed every one of them, and often will show one of the DVDs to friends so they can understand why I love TPR trips so much.

dt