TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR Challenge V: The Party's Over

Greetings Park managers:

As there seemed to be so much difficulty with the original scenario, I decided to do a new challenge in its place. The name of the game is still the same... but the outcome is VERY, VERY DIFFERENT.

TPR CHALLENGE V: PART I

This is a two-part challenge: The first part is to clean up this park I got second-hand from some carnival operators and it is a mess! The park comes with attractions already installed that you can work with, but I'm afraid that's about it. The rides came from China- almost all of them. And the theming? It is DREADFUL! So tacky, so cheap. I guess that is why I got a good price on it!

TPRC01.thumb.jpg.3efe691a954bfe0ea0702848ff865be4.jpg

Such potential!

PART I: CLEAN UP THE PARK!

In this challenge, you must clean up the park, restore the park to a more traditional look, and remove any trace of Halloween in it. I really don't like the way it looks- it is too tacky, even for me! You may use any scenery tools provided in the challenge, as well as your own creativity to make the park look better.

RULES FOR THE CHALLENGE:

1.) You have till the end of Park Year 5 (October, year 5) to complete the challenge basics: Earn $10,000 per month, and repay your loan in its entirety.

2.) You may use any scenery provided- but nothing else. Trachetecture is NOT allowed.

3.) All traces of Halloween colouring, scenery & other decorations is to be removed.

4.) You may only remove select rides.

5.) No Hacks, trainers or cheats are allowed. Using any of these will result in a ban. No exceptions to this rule.

6.) You may NOT use Six Flags, Cedar Fair or any other park chain for the basis of this park. Be creative, and don't leech off of those brands, please.

7.) Keep us informed: One lucky person who posts pics in this thread of their progress will get a TPR Bag of Crap. The more pics you post, the better the odds on a win!

TPRC02.thumb.jpg.f68fdc28db42896fc546ec3afa5dfcb3.jpg

Chuck's Corkscrew!

DOWNLOAD THE PARK HERE!

Prizes: I will be sitting down with a select panel of other Park Managers and deciding THREE winners:

1.) The Park Manager who does the best job with the scenery;

2.) The Park Manager with the most people-friendly park (Prices, rides, etc.)

3.) The Park Manager who does the most creative job at showcasing the existing rides.

Each one will get a TPR Bag of Crap... but one will get an ADDITIONAL prize as well. As you can see, this is Part 1 of 2. I have some big plans for this park, and in order for me to get that rolling- you have to win at this challenge first. The person who does best of the three winners will get a HUGE leap forward in the Part 2 of this challenge.

You have until the close of business (Midnight, Pacific time) on December 10th to complete your challenge. No entries will be accepted after that date/time. A winner will be announced on Thursday, December 13th, and Part II of the challenge will begin shortly thereafter (once our winners have been notified.

You may enter one park per Park Manager. Each Park Manager who uploads will get 500 points from the TPR Exchange- which goes towards one of the new TPR DVD Downloads!

Good luck to all our members!

C.P.M.

Edited by QueerRudie

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6.) You may NOT use Six Flags, Cedar Fair or any other park chain for the basis of this park. Be creative, and don't leech off of those brands, please.

Could we use a brand that we have made up and used for are own RCT2 projects? I am confuse by what you mean.

Could we use a brand that we have made up and used for are own RCT2 projects? I am confused by what you mean.

In other words, CPM doesn't want to see "BATMAN: THE CLONE" or "POWER TOWER!" or "MILLENIUM" etc. Be creative, and stick to the parks being creative, and not re-hashing of other people's stuff. The park is NOT to be re-branded, either.

You may only remove select rides.

What are the rides you can't remove, and may you re-track certain rides like the coasters?

You will find out when you play... However, I would not remove anything that works. CPM is a HUGE nostalgia fan, and tends to eschew people who remove his rides that work. (In other words, don't touch the coasters. At all.)

Okay I have a question - are we allowed to terraform some spots?

Otherwise, I'm really excited to participate!

You may alter the terrain as you like- but keep it to somewhat restricted boundaries, please. Flattening out the mountains, no. Filling in the lake? No. Adding a creek, small hills, etc? Yes.

I felt bad for the park as it didn't really have an entrance and the horribly knocked-off Chinese SLC is placed right there, so I had to compromise a bit. I'm still working on certain areas of the park, but I love what I've been doing! Here's a pic of the entrance area. It's gonna be a fun contest!

(If the photo is only loading halfway through, here's a link to the picture! http://i49.tinypic.com/2ym7l39.jpg )

Edit: To Chrixz, that's a great park! You finished really quickly, but I like what you did on the lake. (Don't worry, I won't steal it!)

SCR43.BMP

This is still a major WIP, but fans of drop towers will certainly enjoy them in this corner of the park! Oil Rig will provide not one but two leg choppers sensations as you drop into it's structure, and judging the looks of the queue houses and exit building for TNT and Dynamite, they certainly seem to have a good kick to them.

SCR4.BMP

In other words, CPM doesn't want to see "BATMAN: THE CLONE" or "POWER TOWER!" or "MILLENIUM" etc. Be creative, and stick to the parks being creative, and not re-hashing of other people's stuff. The park is NOT to be re-branded, either.

In all of my entries thus far I've had a fictional "Apollo's Parks" brand. This obviously includes my own rides and ideas and such, as the parks have shown. I'm I okay with sticking to this?

Finished and submitted. This was my first park in awhile that I was able to finish. Time for a novice question: where do I find the screenshots after I take them inside the game? I checked just about all the RCT2 files and can't seem to find them.

Hey guys thanks for the kind words, here are a few screens before I finally submit it.

SCR19.BMP

Is that really a dueling Togo I see there wow!

SCR24.BMP

Looks like Holiday Fair has gotten a few extra rides. This is Spirit of the Forest. And to prove I did succeed the challenge.

SCR13.BMP

And lastly before this will be submitted here's an overview.

After 5 years of revamping, Holiday Fair has turned into a much more friendly park. I'm going to upload it to TPR Exchange soon. Here are some screenshots of it:

SCR23.BMP

The entrance style is kept as it is, having its signature look which is rows of flowers welcoming guests into Holiday Fair park. The paths however have been widened to avoid over-crowdedness.

SCR24.BMP

TNT and Time Bomb, the two launched freefall rides which crashed due to the extremely high launch speeds have both been demolished. Two new similar rides, Timebomb and Jetpack Booster were built to replace them. This time, with reasonable launch speeds.

SCR25.BMP

Hiroshima Falls, which unfortunately crashed, has now been replaced by a new water slide named Aqua Sapien. The ride is definitely a major crowd pleaser.

SCR27.BMP

The CRUSHINATOR has been repainted to give it a fresh look and is also renamed to Blaze Fury.

WEll, i took on the challenge in classical Me style, unfortunately a hurricane struck before i could get to work!

SCR44.BMP

Just look at that damage

SCR14.BMP

This is the result, several years after the recovery from the hurricane

SCR15.BMP

IN case you forgot

SCR16.BMP

Here's the intro area, the Sky Tower is visible in the foreground and other stuff is in the back

SCR17.BMP

AFter all the coasters were destroyed in that tragic hurricane, the dragon was the first new coaster to appear in the refurbished park

SCR18.BMP

The corkscrews were the next coasters to open, cheap and reliable.

SCR19.BMP

Here's wild west land, with the Spirit Roller coaster visible

SCR20.BMP

My GCI coasters, Bandit

SCR21.BMP

And the Comet, the crown jewel of my park

SCR22.BMP

Here's a closer view on that intricate tangle of track

SCR23.BMP

My log flume, creatively named the Log Flume

SCR24.BMP

There's my hyper coaster, Hero, inbetween the wooden coaster King, the shuttle Chaos, and the kiddie coaster, Little Warrior

SCR25.BMP

Thunderer, a classic coaster

SCR26.BMP

Omen, a tribute to the SLC knockoff destroyed in the hurricane. last photo before next post!

AND MORE PHOTOS

SCR27.BMP

Venom. an Arrow looper

SCR28.BMP

Underminer, a nostalgic reminder of the earlier Togo knockoff before the hurricane

SCR29.BMP

A picture of Hero's track

SCR30.BMP

Silver Cloud, an Arrow swinging coaster

SCR31.BMP

Cierce, a small wooden out-and-back.

SCR32.BMP

A Togo ultra-twister

SCR33.BMP

Another picture of my beloved Comet

SCR34.BMP

This confusing bit here is nice

SCR35.BMP

From farther away

SCR36.BMP

The entire park

SCR37.BMP

King, and the others

SCR38.BMP

I love the Comet SO MUCH

SCR39.BMP

Something different for a change

SCR40.BMP

Please vote

SCR41.BMP

The drop tower in Wild West Land, creatively name High Noon

SCR42.BMP

And this from another angle

SCR45.BMP

And the looper, Whiplash

SCR46.BMP

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE!

To help clear some space on the midways, all the food locations have been combined to make the County Fair Farmers Market and Boomtown Food Court. And to continue trend of Chinese coasters, there's a new one that while not made by a Chinese company, did premier in China...more to come on that soon.

Food court.BMP

SCR26.BMP

SCR32.BMP

Hmmm, what could that be?!

Welcome to Adventure Fun Fair! I decided to choose this name because you adventure into many small, exciting areas. I chose it as my first goal to try to work on what I have while adding a new ride or two every so often. If I was a real park manager, I'd want to improve the current product as my primary goal, while still adding new rides as a secondary. So, I tried focusing on some of the old rides, which is why there may be a low volume of brand new rides added. So, here are a few screenshots of my park:

EDIT: Also, I wasn't sure if I was supposed to edit the coasters or not, so I left them alone.

SCR1.BMP

Kiddie Flyer Plaza

SCR2.BMP

Corkscrew Forest

SCR4.BMP

King's Courtyard

SCR5.BMP

Main Street/Pagoda Pavilion

SCR6.BMP

Minetown

Edited by molemaster43

My park is unfinished, but I decided to upload it, anyway. I ran out of time, so many of the great infrastructure projects of this park never got to see the light of day. Maybe later I could upload this as an independent file, separate from the contest?

SCR17.BMPSCR18.BMPSCR16.BMPSCR19.BMPSCR20.BMPSCR21.BMPSCR22.BMPSCR23.BMP