TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

IAAPA 2012 Trade Show - TPR's Official Report!

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The interview with Intamin was great. When he talked about Skyrush, he had a lot to talk about on the restraints.

Also, that be cool if Alan from RMC does show up to either SDC or Fiesta while TPR is there. Again, awesome videos.

Sandor had the best interview in my opinion. He didn't seem hesitate to talk about any subject. It's good that he went into a little depth on the Skyrush restraint "issue" and didn't just do the normal "We are working with the park."

Sandor had the best interview in my opinion. He didn't seem hesitate to talk about any subject. It's good that he went into a little depth on the Skyrush restraint "issue" and didn't just do the normal "We are working with the park."

Intamin is a great example of how TPR has been building relationships with the ride companies. Over the years Sandor has been more open to discuss things with us as other sites have burned them by posting "off the record" items, etc. We also have been working with Intamin quite a bit for ride footage. Every video at the Intamin booth was shot by TPR, many times with the assistance of Intamin.

They also gave us lots of stuff to give away for our IAAPA Bag-O-Crap contests!

While some other sites have been all "Ha Ha! We got the scoop" and posted things that were specifically asked not to be posted, it sure pays off in the long run for TPR and our readers by being trustworthy as we now get the better interviews while other sites who burned their bridge for one-time bragging rights are turned away.

Glad you guys liked the interview!

Great video yet again, love the Intamin interview. I'm also quite happy to hear that Intamin most likely won't be adding inversions to their woodies, I think they're good enough with the awesome airtime they deliver and an inversion would be a bit unnessecary. Plus, with RMC and TGG doing wooden inversions and GCI being open and enthusiastic to the idea it I don't think it'll be long until wooden inversions aren't seen as being very unique or exciting anymore. I wish I'd thought to ask whether Intamin have had any interest in their woodies lately, because the world needs more of them!

The Air Race video is making me really excited about the one coming to Dreamworld now. Looks like a really cool ride!

I'm pretty sure that anyone can register and attend - http://www2.iaapa.org/expos/attractions/2012/registration/index.asp

Err, you'll want to register for the -2013- Expo if you decide you want to go.

Please note that aside from the high price to attend, IAAPA is a trade show. Companies are there to promote and sell their products, and industry people are there to look at said products and also to network. It's really not exciting as it looks in the photos, since everyone is there for business purposes.

TPR's coverage will honestly be better than what you could get yourself on the floor as just an average visitor!