TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

IAAPA 2012 Trade Show - TPR's Official Report!

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question after watching the second video.

So many times we've seen Martin and Vlemix linked with Gravity Group for wooden coasters, and both take equal credit for them. What kind of company is Martin and Vlemix? To me, it seems as though Gravity Group does the physical design via CAD and stuff, and Martin and Vlemix does the construction aspect. Is that about right?

And thank you so much for this awesome coverage of IAAPA. Really is a unique opportunity to get such in depth coverage at a convention like this while sitting at home on the other side of the country

More theme park fun from IAAPA!

The guys at GCI make some BIG FUN!

Yes... That is a mechanical zombie bull.

Yay! It's me and "Buttons!"

At IAAPA, it's ok to put your iPad and iPhone in a fish tank!

Only at #IAAPA will you see animatronic "booth babes!

If its IAAPA it must be pizza.

This robot is totally making a monkey.

Gun from Yas Waterworld Bandit Bomber. Top button is water bomb, trigger is a light gun!

The 6th "D" is that you actually get eaten by a lion!!

Go Karts anyone?

All the haunted house stuff you'll ever need can be found at IAAPA!

"I'm not so sure about this Air Race thing..."

Some of our favorite water rides come from ProSlide!

We know you want to see lots of Outlaw Run train pics!

Edited by robbalvey

So many times we've seen Martin and Vlemix linked with Gravity Group for wooden coasters, and both take equal credit for them. What kind of company is Martin and Vlemix? To me, it seems as though Gravity Group does the physical design via CAD and stuff, and Martin and Vlemix does the construction aspect. Is that about right?

That's exactly right. TGG designs the ride. MVR makes it a physical reality.

Not all TGG rides are built by MVR, though.

Here's the movie Korey Kiepert said he was in (Hitting the Nuts). I think I'll watch it just for the character "Wild Willy Wilder".

Not only are these interviews more hard-hitting than last years (not to mention interactive), the entertainment value is through the roof. I didn't think I'd be laughing so hard during the GCI interview as I was today, I loved all the puns with TGG, not to mention how enthusiastic Rick Hunter was. You guys are doing a fantastic job! These updates are so in depth that I practically feel like I'm there!

That's exactly right. TGG designs the ride. MVR makes it a physical reality.

Not all TGG rides are built by MVR, though.

Thanks for clearing this up--I'd wondered about who did what, too.

Great updates a usual! I love the videos and seeing how genuinely enthusiastic each vendor is about their products. I really believe that Rick Hunter could talk me into wanting to try a 400' 90 degree speed slide.

Personally looking forward to Elissa and Sandor

Thanks for the truly great coverage TPR!

I enjoyed the story about GCI unearthing an entire truck and a "big ball of rebar" when they were preparing the site for Thunderhead at Dollywood. I think an evil object dug up by a coaster company is a natural subject for a SyFy movie.

Here's the movie Korey Kiepert said he was in (Hitting the Nuts). I think I'll watch it just for the character "Wild Willy Wilder".

Not only are these interviews more hard-hitting than last years (not to mention interactive), the entertainment value is through the roof. I didn't think I'd be laughing so hard during the GCI interview as I was today, I loved all the puns with TGG, not to mention how enthusiastic Rick Hunter was. You guys are doing a fantastic job! These updates are so in depth that I practically feel like I'm there!

Thanks! I really made the decision to "edit less out" of the videos...and not only because I'm being lazy (hey, the less I edit, the quicker I can get them online! lol) but because I think the looser form of the interviews really make who we are talking to seem like "real people", and I actually kinda like that! I've been enjoying adding a bit more "personality" to the interviews.

There's a really good one from Fred Grubb of Rocky Mountain where he talks quite a bit about his background and the company history that I felt was really good.

Should be up tomorrow morning!

--Robb

I look forward to that!! RMC is off to a great start. I think their advantage is that they can make money "redoing" older coasters as well as build new ones. Thanks for all that you've done with the videos Robb and team.

You guys have really outdone yourselves this year. Great job on the interviews!

I am glad to see that S&S has not given up on the 4D coaster concept, and was excited to hear about the possibility of a launched one.

I was a little disappointed that a B&M 4D may be far in the future, but why do I have a suspicion that we might be seeing an inverting hyper/giga from them someday soon?

Shout out to all the manufacturers who took time out of their day to do interviews with Robb & Elissa! Oh, and I guess Robb, Elissa, Jake, Hanno, Adam, and Jack deserve some credit too for putting together the great coverage!

But seriously, it's really cool that so many manufacturers respect TPR enough to use TPR footage in their booths AND take time out of their busy day (time that could be spent selling rides) to do interviews!