TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

IAAPA 2012 Trade Show - TPR's Official Report!

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In regards to the Golden Horse booth- You have to assume that IAAPA planned to do this.. Do you see how well designed that sign is? I've been to trade shows where this sort of thing has occurred and the sign is usually handwritten in sharpie.
It also seems to me like kind of a smack in the face to actually say why the booth is taken down publicly rather than just "This booth has been removed"

Not that I'm complaining, I prefer it this way, especially in this case.

^^This... And honestly, the last thing an exhibition company like IAAPA is worried about doing the day of the show is creating "IP" signs that meet their design language.... The organizers are typically putting out "real fires" on show days..

Think about what effort was put into this sign.. Booth is banned..The organizers decide to ban the the exhibitor. They contact the PR people to inform the the exhibitor. The PR person has to contact the graphic design company to create a sign that follows the design language of the show.. The sign has to be designed, created, signed off on, printed, and delivered before the show opens.. That's a lot of work, for an arbitrary sign (even with a template).

- just saying

In regards to the Golden Horse booth- You have to assume that IAAPA planned to do this.. Do you see how well designed that sign is? I've been to trade shows where this sort of thing has occurred and the sign is usually handwritten in sharpie.

Just wondering, but have theses Chinese Manufacturers been here before or is this their first time in the American IAAPA? This could give us insight if IAAPA was planning this.

^They've been there before. I don't know if IAAPA actually kicked them out either.

On Tuesday afternoon Federal Marshals seized all materials in the trade show booths of the defendants and served them with papers requiring them to appear for additional legal proceedings.

From the Amusement Today article. I doubt they want to stay in town for those legal proceedings.

Think about what effort was put into this sign.. Booth is banned..The organizers decide to ban the the exhibitor. They contact the PR people to inform the the exhibitor. The PR person has to contact the graphic design company to create a sign that follows the design language of the show.. The sign has to be designed, created, signed off on, printed, and delivered before the show opens.. That's a lot of work, for an arbitrary sign (even with a template).

If you look around the showroom pictures you can see several signs that look similar. I interned at a graphic design firm last summer and it takes a couple of minutes to edit the text of a sign and email it off to a local printer that can print small sheets like that. The sign was designed as such but IAAPA was probably told of what was going to happen and they emailed IAAPA's graphic designer who had it printed near them and they could have picked it in a couple of hours.

^To be fair, I'm not sure if it's all Styrofoam, I know parts of it are and it's just a light weight mockup.

Yeah, one time today when I visited their booth I saw someone unintentionally pull it out, and their facial expression afterward was kind of hilarious.

Super-cool IAAPA photos coming from me in a day or so. The show was really enjoyable today!

A few more pictures from IAAPA 2012!

We absolutely love Sally Corp's dark rides!

Sally Corp's animatronics look amazing!

Always tons of park models all over

Yes, it spins.... A LOT!!!

Ah, yes... Mexican themed inflatables!

The Air Race at Zamperla was awesome fun!!!

Edited by robbalvey

[attachment=0]paul ruben..PNG[/attachment]

Is it me or does that old guy to the left look like Paul Ruben?

It totally is!

You must notice his clear unhappiness with the "wooden coaster" comments... quite funny to watch his mind going "its not wooden, its not, its just not"

[attachment=0]paul ruben..PNG[/attachment]

Is it me or does that old guy to the left look like Paul Ruben?

It totally is!

You must notice his clear unhappiness with the "wooden coaster" comments... quite funny to watch his mind going "its not wooden, its not, its just not"

We all know what his reaction will be after he rides Outlaw Run:

Awesome job, guys. Seriously. It is so sweet to literally be THERE with you guys.

And that observation tower/coaster duo looks so incredible. I seriously would be so excited for this if it shows up at a park in the coming years. Sure, the selling point they are making is that it is compact for parks short on space. That makes sense. But at the same time, i think the novelty of the coaster being so 'vertical' is what could make this such a hit with guests. If a park can afford to buy a contraption like this, they could easily invest in some more land to place both rides. S&S are really really stepping it up though. I'm awfully impressed with their innovation.

I finally got around to watching the video just a bit ago. I really like what S&S has come up with so far! I like how they're coming up with solutions for parks highly limited on space, being that Polar Coaster idea...I can almost see this paired with a tower ride, and the observation ride as a nice combo package...questions for next year?

I'm highly excited for the next installment, crossing my fingers for GCI interviews (for obvious reasons)...being as we're getting one of their coasters, I really want to hear from them! I also want to hear more about Gravity Group's doings and whether if they can give RMC a run for their money.

^^

Awesome coverage on IAAPA! Thanks for bringing all the latest and greatest to us. Really enjoyed all of the interviews, especially the RMC and 4D coverage. Thanks again for going above and beyond with the coverage!

Oh yeh....Why do you bother doing this??? Because no one does it better! Just sayin'

Keep the coverage coming!

^^

Awesome coverage on IAAPA! Thanks for bringing all the latest and greatest to us. Really enjoyed all of the interviews, especially the RMC and 4D coverage. Thanks again for going above and beyond with the coverage!

Oh yeh....Why do you bother doing this??? Because no one does it better! Just sayin'

Keep the coverage coming!

Thank you!