TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR 2013 Tours Announced!

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^Totally understandable due to perception. But you have to hammer the point that you wouldn't be going to any risky areas of a rather large country. Mexico is a fantastic place to visit if you are a smart traveler that uses common sense. You're going with TPR so that part is taken care of for you

I felt really bad for the resort that I stayed at when I went last year, in a very safe area, where you could see that business has been severely impacted by those perceptions.

^All the more reason I want to go. I was there back in high school and survived. My parents were the ones that signed the permission form for me to go! I understand that things changed in the last 14 years that I've been there, but there was still that sense of caution when I was there. We were very careful and didn't do anything stupid, which is a surprise for a group of high schoolers.

Oh, donkeyman, how are the younger tour participants treated? My dad is hesitant about going because he thinks it's only for adults.

Don't worry we are all treated equally, except for the portion of the trip where we are held down and forced to watch syfy's original movies.

Thanks! Now, just need to show my dad... then I should be all set!

Just a quick question for Robb or Elissa.....

Back in 2009 I remember you guys had a few openings pop open for the Texas Trip you guys had. I didn't really know the details but I did find the details posted on another forum. SFFTnet.com

Do y'all foresee any openings like this happening for the Texas portion of the Texas/Midwest trip where one can join in on the fun for a single day at one/some of the parks or do y'all predict a sold out event??? I think I know the answer and I'm sure you won't know until time gets closer but just thought I'd ask.

I only see us opening up one or two days on the entire trip next year, and it's only a possibility. It will depend on signups and how many people the park wants us to bring. The biggest chance for opening up a day to do a big Bash Event would be Six Flags over Texas or Silver Dollar City.

Re: Mexico...

Guys, there's nothing I can show you concrete, but you have to believe I did my research and wouldn't put myself and especially not my five year old daughter in any situation I didn't feel completely comfortable in. We will be staying at the finest hotels, using real guides and fabulous transportation. I will be instituting some special trip rules to keep us safe as well. You will not be allowed to go out at night alone, ladies (and gentlemen) will be told not to wear jewelry, you will have other restrictions on what to wear. In a way it will be similar to the Dubai trip but for different reasons.

Hoping my friend can gather some money to go on Midwest Trip with me. If not, than I can't go due to my parents not wanting me to travel alone and being with people they don't know for 2 weeks even though I'll be 19 by the time trip starts. So yea, I'm hoping that can be my first TPR trip!

Hoping my friend can gather some money to go on Midwest Trip with me. If not, than I can't go due to my parents not wanting me to travel alone and being with people they don't know for 2 weeks even though I'll be 19 by the time trip starts. So yea, I'm hoping that can be my first TPR trip!

If it helps your cause at all, I was 17 when I went on my first trip. I didn't know anyone until the trip boards opened up, and that's where you really can start to get to know exactly who's on your trip. You'd have to try NOT to get to know a good deal of the people before the trip even starts. I ended up with an amazing group of friends and had the best experience of my life. And now I do trips each year with really great friends I've met and know from all over the world. There is a huge range of ages, types of people, etc...unless you're completely antisocial, you'll have an incredible time and leave with a ton of solid friends.

For the record, You guys will be on the trip when the USA plays Mexico in a World Cup Qualifier in Mexico City. Just be prepared as there tends to be extreme anti-American sentiment at the time, especially in the capital. I know this from experience.

I'd say there have been some actively awesome football nights on TPR trips. Europe 2010 was really fun because a few of the games going on - I remember one year phanstasialand opened the park at night to go and watch the game in the bar, great atmosphere.

And don't even get me started on Wurzburg fair!

Let's let's chat about the Texas/Midwest trip....

Here's some of the coasters you can look forward to:

Outlaw Run!

Iron Rattler!

Gatekeeper!

New Texas Giant!

X-Flight!

Mr. Freeze Reverse Blast!

And don't forget the awesome CITY MUSEUM!!!sl23.jpg.183fab32933216d7999a4a0dca160712.jpg

Now... All you have to do is sign up for this trip here: http://www.themeparkreview.com/store/index.php?productID=184

If you are interested in this tour, but can't commit just yet to an initial deposit, email elissa@themeparkreview.com and let her know!

And remember, we do set up "payment plans" so please ask if you are seriously interested in this trip!

Hope to see you on a TPR Tour in 2013!

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey