TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

ChrisHanKwansivus Gift Exchange 2012!

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Package has been sent! I mean it when I say this has been quite an adventure for me. There was a lot of frustration involved, but I couldn't be happier with how the whole thing turned out. I await my recipient's response, and I can't wait to do this all again next year.

Merry Christmas!!

Please post Bean's first piece of artwork when he completes it. I'm sure all of TPR would like to see it.

I received my gifts sometime over the weekend. When I opened the first package I was very confused. It was from Amazon and for a quick second I thought I was going old and senile thinking that I ordered something for my Mom and didn't remember. Well that wasn't the case, and the light bulb went off when I opened up the second package!!!!

I finished purchasing my gifts to send out. I just need to pack them up and ship them to their destination!

1788194083_Vegas2012013(Copy).JPG.606150de2349505c44de84a6a46fd7c1.JPG

My first SS gift! This is what confused me!! I actually said to my mom "Um, I didn't order this!"

2009888608_Vegas2012012(Copy).thumb.JPG.020ba49eeb7146b9d88a66c854909e77.JPG

When I opened this I then realized that it was from my Secret Santa!! Thanks again! I think I figured out who it is too! ;)

Bean received his gift today.... I'll just let the pictures do the talking with this... Pretty sure he he said "best.day.ever!" at some point while opening his gifts..Bean says "Thanks Ally Townsend. You Rock!"

Yay! We're so glad he likes it! We definitely want to see his artwork!

And yes, Jo, I forgot to mark "gift" on the Amazon package. I know you didn't post in here that you like Amish stuff, but I know our shared guilty pleasure of fake Amish TV shows and tried to combine that with cooking and Star Wars. I hope you like everything!

I love them Brandy! Thanks so much! I was blown away by the apron. It's amazing, and the cookbook has some yummy recipes! When I make something I'll post it on FB, or maybe I'll start a thread called "Amish Cooking with Jojo".

I'm not sure why I neglected to say that I have a guilty pleasure for all things Amish. However leaving it off of my list made for the best present ever!

Packages sent out! Man I hate the post office! I filled out all my customs form ahead of time, but it only half helped. The cut out instructions were screwed up, they didn't mention I had to tape to tape one out of the four sections to the box, the lady behind the counter had never seen a customs form filled out online and at first said I couldn't use them, and she said a second page should have printed out for a receipt but it was on the page that was printed. What an incredibly screwed up 'business.' But, the presents are on their way! At least one of our secret santa's will figure out who sent it since our information had to be on the customs forms!

To whom it may concern,

A couple of "employees" here at Picknyourseat Gift Headquarters that were supposed to be wrapping and preparing everything for shipment seem to have had just a little too much egg nog last night and failed at their duties. With that being said, your gifts will be leaving our office tomorrow headed for the cold and wet neck of the woods that you call home...perhaps a raincoat or a parka would have been a more suitable gift than what you are getting!

Anyway, sleep tight, only a handful of sleeps until you receive this box of awesomeness!

Even though I did not participate this year due to several reasons, my groups of friends did a Gift Exchange like this and one of them knew how upset I was for not participating in this years TPR Gift Exhange, so she went out of her way to get me something 4 hours away at Six Flags New Orleans! One of my best gifts I ever got!

0042.jpg.1a3c3ae0653ef128aa921c25c07bc777.jpg

All items packed and shipped thanks to Australia Post! How would you like to ship this parcel

$44 for sea freight - 2-3 months

$65 for air freight - no guarentee for Christmas

$70 for air freight - with tracking to arrive before Christmas

Do you wonder which option I choose? Of course I sent it with tracking, so hopefully by tomorrow I can say the parcel has left Aus and is Winging its way to its destination.

You will know who sent it due to customs forms, hopefully each gift arrives in one piece.

Hopefully you like it! Sorry could not send Aussie Beer thru Customs (Bugger)

Enjoy!!!!

Merry Christmas

Happy Hanakah

Blessed Kwanza

Santa

Oh my - the first week of december;'s creeped up on us, my package will be sent on saturday! It;s still 2 days before the last recommended shipping day for parcels to the US!!

PS - anyone shipping from the uk to abroad, the post office offers "small packet" rates for anything up to 2kg - and that's less than a tenner!

^^There are "fake Amish shows"? (I guess they'd have to be, as the Amish don't have televisions.)

Here's another one to ponder Chuck. I saw a commercial for Amish Mafia. I didn't think the Amish was into violence.

My gift is being sent out tomorrow. I'm packing it up tonight, and like a couple of others, my name will be on the customs form.

Got mine sent out today without having to wait at horrible post office lines!!! They said two days so it should be getting there soon!!!

Edit:: I hope it's all in one piece... The postal guy kept flipping it and I started to worry. >.< It might be all over the place. My apologizes, shipping ruins things.

Edited by Maplepancake

I love them Brandy! Thanks so much! I was blown away by the apron. It's amazing, and the cookbook has some yummy recipes! When I make something I'll post it on FB, or maybe I'll start a thread called "Amish Cooking with Jojo".

I'm not sure why I neglected to say that I have a guilty pleasure for all things Amish. However leaving it off of my list made for the best present ever!

Yay! I'm so glad you like them! And yes, I'd love to see your Amish cooking thread!

Dear Secret Santa,

Please let me know if you get your package. I shipped two packages that day, one in the US and one to my Secret Santa who is not in the US. Currently, using the track and confirm on my US package it has not yet arrived when it was supposed to arrive yesterday. The mail people never told me how long it was to take to get to Secret Santa's location.

I plan to visit the post office on Tuesday, to see where my US package is, but I'm not sure what I can do about the Secret Santa one, since all that it had was the customs form. (I think the post office has to have the customs form on file for a certain amount of days.)

According to the tracking my gift arrived at LAX at 10:13am on Wednesday (local time) so hopefully it's not too far from being delivered! Either that or Customs got stuck into the snacks...

Edited by azza29