TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

ChrisHanKwansivus Gift Exchange 2012!

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like:

- Beer and random merchandise from local brewers!

- Obviously roller coaster and parks related items! I collect park maps and in particular Cedar Fair ones!

- Abercrombie (not sure if it fits into the 30 $ range but prices in the US are generally much lower than those in Europe) !

- NFL! I'm a Colts fan!

- College football (or college merchandise in general)! I like Purdue because that's where I wanted to go if I lived in the US! I also like Indiana University and Notre Dame for no particular reason other than they are in Indiana!

- NASA and cool space related items!

- Motogp!

- Race crew shirts either from F1, Nascar and Motogp!

In case someone is thinking about t-shirts or something like that I wear a size XL!

I like roller coasters (obviously), gift cards being a college student, reading, travel, history and also different sports related items such as t-shirts, hats, and the like. This should be alot of fun - I really enjoyed last year's gig and this year sounds to be even better with the increased amount of people contributing and helping out with it all.

Now I did not take part in this last year sorry if this is a stupid question. Once sign ups are over is there going to be a special board created for this? I just figured that would be a easier way for everyone to list what they like. In a private board everyone can create their own topic with their name as the name for the thread and then list what they like. This way you do not have to hunt through this thread - you can just click on that persons name. Stupid idea?

Now I did not take part in this last year sorry if this is a stupid question. Once sign ups are over is there going to be a special board created for this? I just figured that would be a easier way for everyone to list what they like. In a private board everyone can create their own topic with their name as the name for the thread and then list what they like. This way you do not have to hunt through this thread - you can just click on that persons name. Stupid idea?

We didn't do that last year. As far as this year, I don't know. That would be something for Elissa to decide.

EDIT: Just tried and it's fairly easy to search for a member (and I will include each person's username when I send you their address) and then just look at their posts and see what they posted in this thread. Pretty much the same amount of time/work it would take to find them on a private board. Six of one, half dozen of the other. Just the one thread worked well last year. But again, that's Elissa's call. I just organize the addresses.

Yeah, it's too much to create another board and all that. It's really not that hard to look through this thread or search by your giftee's screename and get an idea of what they like. We'll remind everyone to post in this thread sizes and interests once we complete signups.

I guess I should go ahead and post interests for me and my girls.

Me: Anything 80s related (cartoons, music, etc.), baking, anything theatre related, musicals, slightly nerdy stuff (yes, I love Star Wars), Disney stuff, I have eclectic taste in music (from 80s pop to bluegrass), funky nail polish colors, crazy socks (and I don't always wear socks that match), quirky t-shirts....maybe that's enough info. And any of you feel free to friend me on facebook if you want.

Both of my girls (Ally is 7, Cammy will be 6 this month) love anything girly and sparkly. They love to play dress up, nail polish, jewelry, scarves, headbands, My Little Pony, Barbie, Squinkies, anything Disney. Ally's favorite color is teal. Cammy's is purple. Ally loves dinosaurs. Cammy loves elephants.

Speaking of interest I guess I should post mine!!

Well I am a huge fan of anything Disney. Really love the classic Mickey head, (hidden Mickey shape.) Obviously love roller coasters, and theme parks. Top Thrill Dragster is my favorite. Love all things Lady Gaga. And I love anything with the word "Dream" in it. Like picture frames, wall decor, ect. Love palm trees, and beach related stuff. . . I think that's about it!

~Matt

We didn't do that last year. As far as this year, I don't know. That would be something for Elissa to decide.

EDIT: Just tried and it's fairly easy to search for a member (and I will include each person's username when I send you their address) and then just look at their posts and see what they posted in this thread. Pretty much the same amount of time/work it would take to find them on a private board. Six of one, half dozen of the other. Just the one thread worked well last year. But again, that's Elissa's call. I just organize the addresses.

Sounds good! Thank you

I'd love to be a part of it this year. Count me in, please!

As for some of my likes (aside from the obvious parks and roller coasters): turtles, Disney stuff, Philadelphia Phillies, travel, eating out, hiking, and visiting National Parks. Favorite color is pink.

As for sizes, I generally wear size M for t-shirts and size L for sweatshirts/hoodies.

This sounds like a lot of fun. Sign me up!!!!

What do I like: Surprises, Ambe_Bambe, Size XL ..... but it's the wondering what crazy items can be gifted for a limited dollar figure! I Love a challange.

I am happy to Ship Internationally, as I come from the land down under

I'm in. Looked like great fun last year.

As for my interests, totally fine with anything roller coaster, theme park or theme park haunt related, but besides that, Doctor Who, Simpsons, England, Green Day (the only CDs I don't have are 39/Smooth and Warning) Scooby Doo, and anything just weird and quirky that a person would really never actually need yet is still really awesome.

Edited by deathbydinn

I wanted to give up a updated list of what I like since all I said before was gift cards and got crap for it I know it was all in fun though.

- Total Disney obsessed with Stitch as my fave character

- Movies - horror and chick flicks

- Music - pop and country

- Clothes - size extra small/small shirt

- Amusement park related items

- Fave color is blue

- Love eating out

- Reading - books celebrities wrote mostly - Love Lauren Conrad's books

Edited by alilstronger