TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Why do kiddie coaster credits matter to you?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ride "kiddie" coasters cause you can't judge a coaster by it's size. Whizzer at Great America is amazing and Millennium Force is boring. I'd ride Little Dipper here at GAm 200x than go on Mean Streak ever again.

You can't say a ride is boring/bad unless you've been on it.

This guy said the exact reason I ride kiddie coasters.

• 8 months later...

When I've done trips with my ex-fiance, I managed to get her really into counting credits as well (it was in her competitive nature), so hitting up the kiddie coasters was a lot more fun since we'd do them together. My new girlfriend thinks my hobby is really cool, and we've incorporated parks on our recent trip (Lake Compounce, SFNE), but she's not into counting credits, so when I hit up the Great Chase at SFNE, I had to do it all by my lonesome .It's definitely a lot less fun doing it by youself and getting weird looks from parents. I don't think I'm going to really go after them unless I'm with a large group of enthusiasts or there's absolutely no line. I'd like to have the credits, but not THAT badly.

I won't go out of my way for kiddie credits but if I'm by myself or with enthusiasts and the line is short I'll ride them. It honestly allows for funny stories and memories in the right environment.

The last 2 I rode me and my friends had the first one to ourselves and the latter coaster had me and my friend trying to fit in the same car at over 6'0 each. Our legs took a beating on the turns but it was one of the most laughable moments of the day.