TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

IAAPA 2012 - Ask Ride Companies a Question!

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Intamin

Have you though putting in a mega lite or lsm coaster at Carowinds

Again, as I addressed earlier in this thread, the ride companies aren't the ones who make the decisions about where they build their rides. This would be a question for Carowinds, not Intamin.

Premier: Why did you choose to do three row cars as your standard car size? Wouldn't those have a more difficult time navigating tight track radii as opposed to a one or two row car, even with today's modern train and wheel assemblies?

Intamin: we all know that your hydraulic launch system can produce incredible acceleration and take coasters to very high speeds. However, it isn't as reliable as other ones (Such as LSMs). Do you have a real effective solution for this problem?

Intamin: Last year I rode Kingda Ka and, despite being incredibly fast and tall, I couldn't stop thinking that it could be a bit longer (and it's the same with top thrill dragster). Is there any particular reason for why you have made them so short or is it just a matter of costs?

Premier: Why did you choose to do three row cars as your standard car size? Wouldn't those have a more difficult time navigating tight track radii as opposed to a one or two row car, even with today's modern train and wheel assemblies?

I'm not sure I understand this question. Doesn't the Mr. Feezes, Speed, Chiller, Flight of Fears, Stunt Coasters, Jokers Jinx, Poltergeist, etc, all run two row cars? I thought only a couple of their newer coasters have the three car train. Do you mean more like "Why did you switch from two to three rows?"

I really don't know what you're getting at here.

Vekoma: Many of your installations use a track design where the guide wheels run on the inside of the rails, but your recent designs have switched to the more common method of guide wheels outside the rails. What prompted this switch, and what are some of the benefits of using this system versus the older style?