TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

IAAPA 2012 - Ask Ride Companies a Question!

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

B&M hyper coasters have lot's of sustained airtime but it's all floater (0 G-force) airtime. Have you ever considered producing a ride with negative G-forces ("ejector")?

We are done with B&M questions, now.

So I noticed, I just didn't realize you had posted the new "Intamin topic" meanehile I wrote my question Anyway, onto the Intamin questions:

Why do you beleive that your pre-fabricated wooden roller coasters haven't been a bigger success for your company? There have only been sold four, whereof the last one was four years ago. Yet all four coasters are ranked top 10 in the world (Mitch Hawker poll) and all of them are very popular rides at respective park. Why do you think the pre-fab concept hasn't brought more interest from parks?

Intamin have been the "kings of airtime" for a long time with rides like eg Bizarro at Six Flags New England and Goliath at Walibi Holland, but with Skyrush you took the concept to a whole new level! Will we see more extreme airtime rides like Skyrush in the future?

Why do you think Furius Baco suffers so bad from vibration problems? Have you come up with a solution for a smoother ride on future wing walker coasters? And if that's the case; would it be possible to retrofit Furius Baco with such trains?

(2nd)

Intamin : The Intamin Pre-fab Wooden Coasters such as Balder, El Toro, T Express are undoubtedly some of the best in the world, yet there haven't been any new such coasters since 2008, possibly as a result of the high price of the pre-fabrication process, and the advent of other, competitively priced, modern wooden coaster products - is there anything they can do to bring down the production costs sufficiently to make them competitive enough for parks to build more?

To Intamin:

Tell us about your new Impulse coaster the Fly Rider, and how it will be different with the new winged trains, the loss of the twisted towers and the new impressive support structure.

Cheers// Jakob

Second to Intamin:

I've been interested in you're cable lifts for a long time.

Can you tell us about the difference about the "triangle track with the I-beam support beneath it" style that is used on Goliath at Walibi World and the new 10-inversion coasters and the "square track" that is used on Expedition Geforce and the Megalite's.

They are both found on same size coasters ( Expedition Geforce - Goliath and Megalite's - The new 10-invesion coaster) and they both look to be using the same amount's of support to hold up the track.

What decides witch of the 2 styles to be used?

Cheers// Jakob

Another one for Intamin:

A few years ago you created iSpeed and Maverick, the blitz coasters. There is plenty of debate over what makes them an Intamin Blitz as there are other LSM which you have produced similar to them. Can you tell us just what your definition of a blitz is?

Intamin: We heard later this season that Skyrush is down for retrofitting of the restraints and slowing of the lift to prevent axle fractures on the trains, What changes are you guys doing to the ride and how would they affect the experience compared to this season (are we going to see a I305 like situation here).

^ We already have another, Atlantis Adventure a Lotte World a has a Maverick like lift but I also do wonder if more are coming but the two.

Another Intamin question: as you and I know Mack has come out with a new mega coaster design that ranks up with yours, what are you guys going to do to make sure this company doesn't take your title and become the reliable Intamin.

Intamin: We heard later this season that Skyrush is down for retrofitting of the restraints and slowing of the lift to prevent axle fractures on the trains, What changes are you guys doing to the ride and how would they affect the experience compared to this season (are we going to see a I305 like situation here).

I never heard they are slowing the lift down..and only a few axles where corrupted.