TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR Challenge V: The Party's Over

Hello again!

I must say the past few months have been chaotic for me. My little company is growing so well with the help of many people, so I decided to try something new! A few months ago, a carnival company set up a little Halloween park on one of our future park sites, and themed it to the month of October. I'll admit, the theming was, well, awfully tacky all around, and lacked the charm that one of my parks normally has. Towards the end of October, they offered me a deal: They would let me buy up all the rides & attractions, so long as I kept them running.

TPR CHALLENGE V: THE PARTY'S OVER

B.thumb.jpg.0ec8a7810ce948def5ba0bc0922389d0.jpg

Such a strange little park...

See, the problem is that I took delivery of the park just prior to the park closing in October... and the park is trashed! People really DO know how to party, don't they?

THE CHALLENGE:

You must clean up the park, including removing all the Halloween overlays and theme the park's midways and attractions. In addition, you must meet the goal of 10,000.00 per month in ride revenues, as well as paying back the loan entirely.

You can find the park HERE in the exchange!

You will also need this: Wing Rider Pack.zip

C.thumb.jpg.4ddde22a6087258cf0d18c8902d7e67e.jpg

I couldn't belive how cheap this one was!

RULES:

1.) Certain rides & attractions may not be removed, changed or moved under any circumstances. You know which ones those are, as they will be indicated on the map.

2.) You may not theme the park to SixFlags, Cedar Point, etc. Be creative, folks. My parks are mine! Not SixFlags or Cedar Fair!

3.) You may add attractions as you see fit, but you will be judged in this challenge on how well you fit them into the park. For example, a 300 foot coaster would not fit here, now would it? Be creative with your rides, and you'll do fine.

4.) You may re-theme ONE Of the coasters- and only ONE. Pick carefully...

5.) Cheating, hacking and/or altering the scenario is grounds for banning from TPR. No exceptions.

6.) You have till the end of year SIX (October, year 6) to get your work done.

E.thumb.jpg.a577c264ad7a1d4c4e5dbe2d2b5a0f22.jpg

Ugh- the themeing is so cheesy!

HINTS:

1.) Use what the game gives you- and no more/no less. You really shouldn't try to out-think/overthink the challenge, as it will present its answers to you as you play it.

2.) Midsized & smaller attractions are a plus here. A 25 inversion megacoaster isn't going to be the best bet.

3.) Be creative with your ride placement, as there is plenty of room to expand & change things as you see fit.

4.) The park lends itself well to expanding smartly- do so, and you'll have a lot better time playing the park.

5.) Intertwining attractions? Good call here...

OK: So I'm also swapping things up as far as prizes go for this as well. I wanted to see how people progress in the challenge, so we're also going to have a PHOTO contest as well!

Every time you upload a photo of your park prior to completion, you will be entered into a second prize contest. The best photo of Wonder World during 'renovation' will be chosen and will get a TPR Bag of Crap! The more times you update your progress in this thread, the better a chance for a win!

In addition, the park that pleases me the most with its renovation will win a TPR Bag of Crap AND a TPR DVD!

Remember to upload your park to the exchange, and add pictures of your park to this thread before the close of business (MIdnight, MST) on MONDAY, 19 November 2012.

Good luck, and may the best park manager win!

C.P.M.

Edited by mcjaco

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll take a swing at this! I haven't done a contest with RCT2 in quite a while, so this could be fun!

I will warn you all though. I do like to make attractive looking attractions, and I'm quite good at it if I say so myself ^,^

(Though I don't have proof x3)

I'll take a swing at this! I haven't done a contest with RCT2 in quite a while, so this could be fun!

I will warn you all though. I do like to make attractive looking attractions, and I'm quite good at it if I say so myself ^,^

(Though I don't have proof x3)

Such an ego! And besides... I'm quite sure many of our other players will shame you into endless submission.

If you think you can do better, post up pics of what you're building... Or leave the ego off the page.

R.D.

Games Forum Management Team

^Oh, well that was me just signing up for it! I may get around to show some pretty pictures from the game some time soon on this board!

Oh and I was going to throw some pictures along with this post, but there was somewhat of a problem :c I don't have the Wacky Worlds expansion, and this says I need it in order to play the scenario. If it is supposed to be that way, then I'll have to sign out of the contest because I don't have WW (or TT for that matter).

Hey guys, I just wanted to let you know that we're working on this, and that the deadline will be extended accordingly. Thanks for your understanding!

OK: After reviewing the Scenario itself, and seeing there are a lot of issues with it, I'm pulling the challenge- for now.

It will be re-launched with the same game next week, but a revised scenario will be released in it's place. The new scenario will be identical to the one in play- but with general game play revisions to make it accessible to all players.

If you have already started with this challenge, please let me know by PM no later than Saturday evening MST, and I will work with you to make sure your entries are valid & useful.

R.D.

Games Forum Management Team