TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Deli Meat Question

OISU8P

I tend to buy a lot of deli meat and have decided to buy a home slicer and whole deli meat to save on time and costs. I know when I buy boiled ham that is sliced from the grocery store, they say it is fresh for about a week and should be thrown out after that. I do not believe they go through a whole ham between the week to week that I bought some. Does anyone know how long something like a whole ham will last when not sliced? I appears they wrap it and put it back and just slice of a little and throw away before making the slices for my order.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

7 days sounds about right once the vacuum package is opened (I worked in my aunt's deli for a short time). The first couple of slices that are cut are to verify the thickness and/or to remove a part that might be a little dried out.

Edited by larrygator

Thanks Larry.

Wes, sorry about posting that here. I have been trying to find this out via searches for some time with no real answer. Figured I would give a shot on the community here since it is so large. By the way, looks like delimeatreview.com is available. Also, delimeatreview.org is available in case Kat and Kiwi want to start a site for this.