TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Trip to SFMM and possibly Knott's Berry Farm

Arrow Dynamics fan

The next park on my list to visit is SFMM. I haven't decided yet on when I should attend this park or where to stay. The main things I am hoping to learn is when is a good time to attend for short lines, mild temperatures, and when all of the rollercoasters should be functioning. The main coasters I am hoping to experience from SFMM are the X2, Viper, Ninja, Tatsu, Scream!, and Superman: Escape from Krypton, but X2 and Viper are an absolute must. While I am in the L.A. area, I was thinking about attending another park. Disney is not for me, I'm too old for that stuff. I've been to Universal Studios and it was neat, but I am more of a coaster guy. Would Knott's Berry Farm be worth visiting as well based on their coaster offerings or is there a better one you would suggest?

Any advice would be deeply appreciated.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, you should hit up SFMM and Knott's based on your likes. I would recommend late May to early June. That's a nice time for weather and crowds. If you want to wait and guarantee to get on the new coaster at SFMM you'll need to wait till much later in the summer and then you have bad crowds and weather.

Yeah, you should hit up SFMM and Knott's based on your likes. I would recommend late May to early June. That's a nice time for weather and crowds. If you want to wait and guarantee to get on the new coaster at SFMM you'll need to wait till much later in the summer and then you have bad crowds and weather.

Alright, thank you for the advice. The new coaster is not a priority at this time to me as the point of this trip is to experience an Arrow 4D coaster and the last Arrow 7 Megalooper while they are both still in existence. The new one will probably still be there for a while and will be a great excuse to come back after all of the bugs are worked out and the crowds have died down. Plus, I imagine if these are good, other parks will order coaster with some of these elements from Premier.

By the way, does anyone have any advice as to which airport is the best to fly and which community is safe and reasonably price for hotels?