TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR and Theme Park Artwork

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ho... ly... s***! Those are AMAZING man!!! Such detail! Wow!!! You should be working at a real coaster company!

I saw that first design and thought ot myself "heh, that looks like a hybrid between storm runner and italian job", then I scroll down and see the car design XD

Oh wow, dude, if you have any more I would LOVE to see!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not that great of an artist...I drew this back in June 07' after being bored one night at work...I've never attempted to draw something by looking at something else so I gave it a try....It didn't quite work so I just pictured a coaster and drew it how I saw it in my head...weird huh?...Anyhow this is the outcome, and I'm quite pleased with it!

My Drawing of Mantis, one of my favorite coasters!

1464377121_MyMantisDrawing2.jpg.0fdbe663c7fce406f2cb6c7d10795c75.jpg

My Mantis Drawing

Ho... ly... s***! Those are AMAZING man!!! Such detail! Wow!!! You should be working at a real coaster company!

I saw that first design and thought ot myself "heh, that looks like a hybrid between storm runner and italian job", then I scroll down and see the car design I like small boys in tights.

Anybody else notice something weird about this comment? Am I missing an inside joke or something?

You mean the 'tight boys' sentence ?

*I like small boys in tights.- The world's most overused smiley, it consists of a capital X and D next to each other. TPR mods have made it so that each time you post this smiley, it will say, instead, I like small boys in tights..

XD

It works !

I saw that first design and thought ot myself "heh, that looks like a hybrid between storm runner and italian job", then I scroll down and see the car design I like small boys in tights.

Anybody else notice something weird about this comment? Am I missing an inside joke or something?

Ah for pete's sake. Stupid filter.

Try typing "X D" without the space and it says "XD"

You mean the 'tight boys' sentence ?

*I like small boys in tights.- The world's most overused smiley, it consists of a capital X and D next to each other. TPR mods have made it so that each time you post this smiley, it will say, instead, I like small boys in tights..

I like small boys in tights.

It works !

Omigosh! Somebody actually used my entry in the TPR encyclopedia!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Thanks.

It is time consuming, but pretty easy if you are patient and organized. It just requires a good photograph to work from as a template and then many, many layers for the details...this drawing used 32 layers. It is basically alot of shapes on top of one another with different transparencies and blurs applied to them. I did another drawing of one of my other neices before using gradient meshes, but I prefer the look of this method.

• 1 month later...

^Thank you.

She adopted from China. She wanted an infant, but fell in love with the profile and picture of her daughter, Oakley (weird name, I know)...who was almost three by the time they got her. She has a blog about the whole process which is pretty detailed and interesting....it's amazing to see the pictures of Oakley when she was in the orphanage and then compare them to the pictures of her now. The transformation is incredible.

http://journey2oakley.blogspot.com/

supertrooper

I really enjoyed looking at all of the artwork here! I thought I might post some of my art, although I think it is nothing compared to the amazing pieces here! Anyways, some of these are studies, some doodles, some sketches, and some works for school. Enjoy..?

sketch01.jpg.ea5b7619b5c47f49c6df5445f450494b.jpg

Half self-portrait, half unfinished fairy...

sketch02.jpg.eaaf663c7f90e6c6755ef2eda5e3a8a8.jpg

Capricorn!

sketch03.jpg.13acfa8fb4063ae9d3451a64a8011c1e.jpg

Sorry for the horrible quality.. bad scanner and even worse camera.

I really enjoyed looking at all of the artwork here! I thought I might post some of my art, although I think it is nothing compared to the amazing pieces here! Anyways, some of these are studies, some doodles, some sketches, and some works for school. Enjoy..?

Not bad. Figure drawings are my favorite and probably what I am best at, so I will offer a little feedback. Pay attention to proportions. The length of the arms on your self portrait/fairy drawing is too short. When holding your arms straight down, the elbows should be just above the waist and the fingertips should reach mid thigh. Proportions is what makes a drawing look realistic. If you are going for a more fantasy look (which I guess you are, since it is "part fairy") than the exagerrated proportions would work...but I think longer than normal arms would actually be better for that.

Just some constructive criticism.