TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR and Theme Park Artwork

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my last Etch-a-Sketch drawings...sadly, until I pick up a new one, this is the end of Etch-a-Sketch for the time being...the cat knocked it over, met the typical 'iPad fatality' as the screen shattered. Rest in pieces, Etch...

Update...this is really weird...shortly after writing this post, I headed up into the attic to get some Xmas stuff down and what do I find? Another etch-a-sketch! Must have been one from my childhood since the lines don't show up as much unless I repeatedly go back and forth. So with this said, I'm back with etch-a-sketching!

A drawing of a local water park from the comic book I'm working on

Shalt you post the comic on TPR?

It's in hebrew so there won't be much of a point to it. maybe when I translate it later on. It's form the sequel to the comic book I sold here, "Oy Vey". In it I also wrote about the TPR trip I was on.

I tend to be a bit hesitant to post much in the line of "furry" art outside of websites meant for it, with the way some people react to it, but this is too good for this thread to pass up.

First off, this might be cheating a bit in this thread; this was created -for- me but certainly not by me; I don't have the artistic skills to manage a convincing stick figure. This one was commissioned art, painted by the amazing Kacey Miyagami. My friends and I, as our fuzzy selves, at Lake Compounce

I thought it was real, if not for the animals. What materials did you use?

I didn't paint it, it was just done for me, by Kacey Miyagami. It's painted in acrylics though; it looks far more amazing in reality than the scan of it does; the real one is far bigger and the textures and details are so much more impressive.

Oh, that's you in thpicture?! I actually bumped across it online a few months ago while looking around Deviantart (or was it FA?)! How about that!

Yep! ^^ I know Kacey has it on her FA page, and it's on mine, but I think Kacey has a DA page as well, so...could have been either!

• 3 weeks later...
Psst hey BGW! I've got a great idea for you.

I absolutely love how the zero car turned out. Almost exactly how I imagined it.

Oh, I like that, that could be a beautiful theme for a flying coaster if the park wanted to put the work into it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Its been a while since I've posted something here.

Anyway here's my latest project. Geauga Lake: Reborn.

Geauga Lake seemed to have such an interesting history to it. I decided to draw what could've been a possible scenario for the park. What if, in an alternate reality, Geauga Lake survived through the 90s-2000s and became a full-fledged resort? If competition wasn't so heavy, SF managed the parks well, Sea World built rides, etc.

Clicky for artists notes, a clearer image, and a more detailed description.

Clicky for Sea World Ohio

Clicky for Wildwater (Kingdom) Harbor

Shameless plug. You can find a lot of cool stuff on my dA page!

I'll be sure to upload the pics to deviantART soon enough.

GL1.jpg.0c41e8df9832197c37d9395cd9969a6e.jpg

Geauga Lake - the largest of the 3 images and the one with the most rides.

GL2.jpg.521cc1d63ad59ac213775ff19cf214d8.jpg

Sea World Ohio

GL3.jpg.84961645dbb3d21f7e28c4ca74e9d817.jpg

the water park

^Pretty cool designs. I always find myself thinking about what if Geauga Lake or Six Flags actually succeeded. Can you imagine the rivalry that would be created between Cedar Point and them? It's always interesting to think about defunct parks and what could of been. Again, great stuff!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! Very detailed and interesting views of what the Geauga Lake property could be in an alternate reality. GL's skyline would have been even more awesome from the other side of the lake. Will you post larger images on your site?

Ohio's Worlds of Adventure is also an interesting name, sounding like if all three parks existed as separate entities it would almost be a mini resort destination.

BTW, send the water park drawing to Cedar Fair to show them what Wildwater Kingdom should look like. They haven't seen anything significant added since 2006.