TPR and Theme Park Artwork

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have not posted anything in a while, so I thought I might upload the relaunch of Six Flags St. Louis! Color was used for the first time on this, yet I'm starting to add the "Amazing Background" on every project now. 1471561760_SixFlagsStLouisRelaunchSmall.jpg.3677ad107c794773d1a536bbbc9066b6.jpg

Here's also a sneak peek of my next project... (Sorry if the quality isn't great, took it with my iPod.)

383189492_WaterVilleSplashParkPreview.JPG.0128a2540e7002323e8897a8a62acd8d.JPG

All projects are on 14x17 Bristol paper.

Be sure to "Like" Ben's Amazing Artwork on Facebook on more previews of the new Water Park project!

Edited by ben2008

Awesome Job Chris! Okay guys, in the coming days, I will post some of my own work. Now, since I am a beginner (a noob), I am just experimenting. I am making miniature park logos. I have made logos for Knott's Berry Farm, Six Flags (in general), Six Flags Magic Mountain, and Six Flags Great Adventure. I am thinking you will see an update tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

That is precisely the drawing style I wish I could achieve!

I'm in search of a coaster to paint in the medium of watercolor. I've searched long and hard, and can't seem to find that perfect shot... Anybody have any good pics/rides they'd like to see portrayed in watercolor?

• 2 weeks later...

I really like your attention to the the track and support structure. Id love to see a whole series of those actually, make like ten and they'd probably get better each time you finish. Then at the end you should pick the one your most proud of and make a watercolor out of it.

Also, your signature looks delicious.

Looks really nice! It's a cool angle even though Intamin track is a huge pain to draw thanks to all its holes which make all 3 or 4 sides of it visible.... but, may I best you Tomes?

0217021539.thumb.jpg.aeb9b252115faf581f42bc5ca38c7cc5.jpg

I've of course put close to 10 hours or so getting it to this point, and it's close to 2 feet long, so the comparison isn't really fair, but haha, still. Cheetah Hunt will be done in watercolor, with a line wash on the track and certain details.

You have NO idea! Haha, the amount of erasing and re-aligning of those 4 terrible rails took forever! Not to mention the subtle slope changes on the connecting beams. Though I'm really hoping the end result is worth all the work.

You have NO idea! Haha, the amount of erasing and re-aligning of those 4 terrible rails took forever! Not to mention the subtle slope changes on the connecting beams. Though I'm really hoping the end result is worth all the work.

No I do not haha. I have about as much artistic talent as a mentally challenged 4 year old, so I really can't appreciate how hard it must be lol. All I can appreciate is how it looks, and I appreciate that very much.

Looks really nice! It's a cool angle even though Intamin track is a huge pain to draw thanks to all its holes which make all 3 or 4 sides of it visible.... but, may I best you Tomes?

[attachment=0]0217021539.jpg[/attachment]

I've of course put close to 10 hours or so getting it to this point, and it's close to 2 feet long, so the comparison isn't really fair, but haha, still. Cheetah Hunt will be done in watercolor, with a line wash on the track and certain details.

This is incredible! Can't wait to see what it looks like when it's fully completed. Great job!

• 3 weeks later...

I followed suit but with a slightly different look to the track I drew. This drawing and the two others below it are some of my better works I think. Still Kinda annoyed someone used the track design from my LIM Shuttle drawing...mainly why I've stopped sketching those...

596308113_the_arena__concept_theme_park_attraction(Copy).png.1ac4e2145346db887f223c7bcb7f73ef.png

Enter a post-apocalyptic fight arena where you and your fellow riders are forced to traverse the trecherous landscape in other to escape.

490815325_pirate_reef__legoland_fan_art(Copy).png.5b53429a888c33c380bcdfd43fc5064e.png

A conceptual sketch of legoland's new Pirate Reef ride

119583051_homestuck__the_ride_concept_ar(Copy).jpg.c1c956fdf35ef2465d68633c46edd7d8.jpg

A conceptual drawing of a darkride I've been working on...