TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[RCT3] Tennessee's Great America

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice, it looks pretty darn good and I have to say keep up the great work. I cant wait to see it on opening day

Thanks! I do feel this is much, much better than Kings Paradise, my first major park.

Hmm, I wonder if you liked the name Screamin' Eagle

Me gusta those colors.

I did like the name Screamin Eagle even though I preferred All-American Coaster. I didn't particularly care for Python or Windstorm though.

June, 1974

Hello again! The park is now open for the season! Which means also the Screamin' Eagle is open too! Let's check the place out!

The park was absolutley packed today. Long lines for every ride but this is just a sign of a sucsessful season!

Oh wait....this isn't named Mine Train Coaster anymore! After Screamin' Eagle opened the ride's name was changed to the Vermont Maple Train! I think that's a much better and less generic name!

A lot of thrill seekers instantly rushed to Screamin' Eagle to ride it for the first time!

This ride is highly considered to be an "airtime machine" because of it's high amounts of weightlessness during the massive hills!

We hope that this ride will keep on thrillin' for many generations like the Cyclone at Coney Island!

Hopefully this small park will keep increasing in size and popularity!

Great Job Fraroc!

Thank you

June,1976

Hello, hello! Welcome to another sucsessful season of Elmwood Lake Park! Also, it's the 200th birthday of our country, The U.S of A! Lets celebrate by taking a trip to the park!

Even though the main midway is small, it is slowly but surely increasing in size!

The new ride for 1976 is Rotor! A brand new spinning gravity ride!

Here is the ride in a nutshell, you go inside of this giant drum and you are basically spun around at insanely high speeds! Then the floor below you collapses and you literally stick to the wall due to the centrefugical forces!

Screamin Eagle is a great ride!

Behind the Cafe Americana, I found a patch of land that was cleared. Rumor has it that there will be a great new attraction coming to the park in 1977.

Could Screamin Eagle and Vermont Maple Train get some competition?

THE SUPER LOOPER IS HERE!!!

Remember when the Whirler arrived at the park and we promised we would go back to Anton Schwarzkopf again? Well, we kept our promise! And now, new for 1977, we have the first looping coaster in the South, SUPER LOOPER! This ride undoubtly will put Elmwood Lake Park on the map for thrill seekers. Super Looper will obviously be known for it's 360 degree completley circular vertical loop! Schwarzkopf designed this to be a portable ride even though we believe it is definetly here to stay! The ride will open soon!

So far it looks pretty awesome!

I cannot wait until this ride opens! The coaster-aficonados are going to LOVE it.

Great work! Can't wait to see the rest!

Thanks! And you're gonna see some more right now!

June,1977

Hello! It's time for another sucsessfull season as the Super Looper is now open for business!

First impressions of the coasters attracted countless amounts of daredevils and repulsed some people that are timid when it comes to roller coasters.

The big 360!

For some reason, I always liked this flyover above the station! Hearing people's screams as the train roars by reallly sets the mood!

However, the fun is not over after the loop, there is a dark tunnel, and several portions of twisted track with a lot of near-misses with people's hands! This is known by the coaster community as a "headchopper" or less commonly a "hand chopper". Definetly adds to the thrill!

I was 100% right, this coaster definetly put Elmwood Lake Park on the map for thrill seekers!

And we ain't done yet! I can't tell much but in the near future, say, 3-5 years we will build another major steel roller coaster that could potentially put Super Looper to shame!

June, 1979

Hello, hello! And welcome to yet another sucsessful season of Elmwood Lake Park. For such a small park, we sure are getting a lot of fame!

That fame is all thanks to Super Looper, the new star attraction of Elmwood Lake Park! Technically only the third looping coaster ever built. The first being The Great American Revolution in Magic Mountain and the second being the SooperDooperLooper at Hershey Park.

A little girl, probably no older than five years old that went on Super Looper said "That was the bestest rolly-coaster EVER!!!"

Unfortunatly, one of our spinning rides, the Whirler had unfortunaly become a maintenance nightmare and our only option was to get rid of it permentantly. Its a shame tough, it was a very popular and thrilling ride.

The Vermont Maple Train is still very popular with families!

This skyline shot really showcases all of our most popular attractions! Screamin Eagle, Parachute Drop, Vermont Maple Train and Super Looper!

Stay tuned for more!

Here is a little spoiler: We have been thinking about building a roller coaster at Elmwood Lake Park hopefully within the next two years that will go upside down multiple times!

Love the park, but the name Super Looper just sounds like a knock off of SooperDooperLooper.

^ I agree. You should use a more original name for the looping coaster. Other than that, the park is great so far, nice job!

Yeah, I realize that. But I think the name Super Looper is pretty short, sweet and to the point. And It's just something about that name that tells me "This ride is gonna be a classic" But thanks anyway. I do think that so far, this is my Magnum Opus when it comes to RCT3 parks.

October, 1979

Hello all! Wait until you see what is going on at Elmwood Lake park for 1980's new attraction!! I cannot give any major details but, trust me. This will be both huge for the park and from what I'm hearing from Arrow Dynamics of Clearfield, Utah it will be record-breaking too! If they're not putting on airs, then I cannot believe that Elmwood Lake Park, MY park will be home to a record-breaking coaster!

A sizable amount of land was cleared and a ditch was dug, most likley for a manmade pond!

And within days, coaster peices arrived at the park, featuring Arrow's famous track style of the side-friction wheels inside the track!

I have a feelin' this is gonna be a good ride!

Stay tuned for more!

February, 1980

IT IS FINALLY HERE! THE HOTTEST COASTER IN THE WORLD, FIREBALL!!!!

Built by Arrow Development/Dynamics of Clearfield, Utah, and standing at approximately 145 feet tall and reaching speeds up to 55 mph. Fireball is the tallest and fastest roller coaster in the park! But it's REAL claim to fame is the fact that this roller coaster will go upside-down not one, not two, not three, not four, but FIVE times! Making this the loopiest roller coaster on the planet!

After a breataking first drop, the train enters a thrilling three-inversion combo consisting of two back-to-back loops and a first-ever inversion called an "Immelmann Loop" named after WWI German pilot Maximillian Immelmann who invented the maneuver, The train enters half of a loop which converts to a half of a corkscrew.

After a turn around a lake, the train enters the last two inversions, a double corkscrew as seen on many roller coasters.

Might I recommend Maylene's Classic Coaster for Fireball? They are much better than the in-game Corkscrew Coaster cars.

I've always loved the look of Arrow coasters, and this is one of those unique coasters that you can only find in one certain park. You have a real winner on your hands, no matter if the record is broken or not.

Wow wow wow, slow it down! You'll be in the 2000's in a few days at this pace, you need to do at least two to three updates a season before progressing, and make sure that these additions coincide with the time period.

Mega Loopers never showed up in the early 80's. '89 would have been a good season for it.

^um, Viper at DL opened only 2 years after this one did, and many loopers opened with 4 inversions opened around this time (Orient Express, 1980; Carolina Cyclone, 1980; the Demons even though those were just remakes, 1980; Dragon Fyre, 1981).

Might I recommend Maylene's Classic Coaster for Fireball? They are much better than the in-game Corkscrew Coaster cars.

I've always loved the look of Arrow coasters, and this is one of those unique coasters that you can only find in one certain park. You have a real winner on your hands, no matter if the record is broken or not.

Thanks for the nice comment about Fireball! I made it with the idea of the inversion record being broken in the early 80s

This is great! Better than King's Paradise.

Thanks and that's definetly true. The more I look at Kings Paradise, the more I believe that the park could have been so much better done. For starters, Star-Trek: The Ride dosen't even look like a proper LIM bowl, Steel Python looked terrible, and in the end it was just a rush job. I'm really working my tail off to counter KP in every way.

Wow wow wow, slow it down! You'll be in the 2000's in a few days at this pace, you need to do at least two to three updates a season before progressing, and make sure that these additions coincide with the time period.

Mega Loopers never showed up in the early 80's. '89 would have been a good season for it.

At least this isn't a total rush job like Kings Paradise was.

And I really don't think Fireball is considered to be a Mega looper, just a regular Arrow looping coaster which breaks the inversion record based in 1980.

^um, Viper at DL opened only 2 years after this one did, and many loopers opened with 4 inversions opened around this time (Orient Express, 1980; Carolina Cyclone, 1980; the Demons even though those were just remakes, 1980; Dragon Fyre, 1981).

I agree. Fireball is something cutting-edge for 1980. Like how Orient Express was the first coaster with a Batwing inversion, Fireball is the first coaster with an immelmann.

June, 1980

Fireball is now open for business, and so far it is a huge sucsess for the park!

Like when Super Looper opened for the first time, people flocked to the entrance to get their chance to ride the loopiest roller coaster in the world!

Unlike with Super Looper, The loops on Fireball are not totally circular, but elipse-shaped. These are less intense than completley circular loops in which Schwarzkopf is known for, but they are still very thrilling!

The Double Corkscrew: An undeniable classic and actually the first set of inversions ever made on a roller coaster!

Even though people enjoyed Fireball, some people's tatstes are different and they think that the single, more intense loop on Schwarzkopf's Super Looper is better, both rides are fun and exhilirating in their own way!

June, 1981

Hello everybody! This is Bill Walsh again! The 1980s has officially begun at Elmwood Lake Park! With the addition of Fireball last year, Elmwood Lake Park, once again is a hot spot for thrill seekers! Lets see what this year has to offer for all of you adrenaline junkies!

Two great new thrill rides were added. They are Round-Up and Sky Wheel! Sky Wheel is essentially a double-ferris wheel on a giant arm where surprisingly, you get a lot of airtime on that ride! Round-up is like Rotor but you rise up into the air while you are spinning at break-neck speeds!

However, another ride was added. This comes from Intamin A.G of Switzerland which built Elmwood Lake Park's merry-go-round. This ride is called a "Freefall" and is one of many around the United States. Others include Demon Drop at Cedar Point in Ohio and Freefall at Great Adventure in New Jersey. The name of our Freefall ride is ESPIONAGE

Espionage's ride experience is as follows, four riders enter a large steel cage with over-the-shoulder harnesses. The cage goes up a giant elevator in the middle of the tower and at the top, it moves to a second track which is shaped like a giant letter L. After about a 6-12 second wait, without warning the cage drops down the track, giving the rider the sensation of free falling. Magnetic brakes stop the cage and a chain drive, similar to that on a ten speed bicycle grabs the cage and brings it to an upright position. The riders get off and the process starts all over again! In short, it looks AWESOME!

CREATOR COMMENTS: There you have it, the absolute closest thing to an actual-functioning Intamin First Generation Freefall in RCT3. How I did it was that I used the Extended Flying CFR from the NETON fan expansion pack, used the in line twist to flip the trains over, built a station and the way the car reaches the top of the tower is that I used a portion of chain-lift and used the "David Braben" cheat to get the speed of the chain to 48mph.

October, 1982

One of Elmwood Lake's main architects has just gotten off of the phone with none other than the mad genius himself, Mr. Anton Schwarzkopf, who proposed a plan for a massive attraction to be erected at the park within the next two years. The person who spoke on the telephone to Mr. Schwarzkopf cannot give many details of what Anton has planned for Elmwood Lake Park, these are the only hints that he dropped when I talked to him.

"Anton sure sounds pretty confident. From the way he is making this sound, it seems like this will be his absolute magnum opus. He implied that Shockwave at Six Flags Over Texas and Mindbender at Six Flags Over Georgia were just 'previews' for what is to come at Elmwood Lake Park. He also said that the new coaster will make Super Looper look like mere child's play.

But by the looks of these manmade hills and ravines, Whatever this guy is planning on bringing us, it sure looks like it means business. Brace yourself Lynchburg TN, Anton Schwarzkopf is coming to town.

Awesome, can't wait to see more.

Thanks!

May,1984

It is here.

VAMPYRE is a brand new steel looping roller coaster to open this June. It is now the largest roller coaster in Elmwood Lake Park with a staggering height of 156ft and breakneck speeds of approximatley 64mph. Vampyre was built by the roller coaster legend, Anton Schwarzkopf which gave us the famous Great American Revolution at Magic Mountian which changed the way roller coasters were built forever, Mr. Schwarzkopf is also known for building legendary steel roller coasters such as Mindbender at Six Flags Over Georgia and Shockwave at Six Flags Over Texas.

Vampyre is set apart from other looping roller coasters in the fact that it's the only one that features three consecutive loops in a row. A large portable roller coaster that Anton built named 3-er Looping also has 3 loops, but Vampyre's loops are consecutive, which makes for a MUCH more intense ride.

But the ride is far from over after the loops, the train the enters a series of overbanked helices which press the passengers into their seats with great force!

Then comes argubly the most intense part of the coaster, after the banked helices the train is slowed to a halt and is let up a second lift hill up the tallest point of the ride and then descends down the massive drop and into a large banked turn around a lake which is rumored to be so intense that a person can literally go blind for a few seconds, then the train enters a "fourth loop" which isn't a loop at all, but rather a large overbanked turn. The ride comes to a stop shortly after.

The addition of Vampyre will once again put the park back on the map for thrill-seekers. And there is a pretty good chance that Vampyre will be one of the most highest rater roller coasters in the world.

Wow, looking awesome! Nice job, great rides.

Thanks man!

June, 1984

Hello! It's time for another sucsessfull season and get a chance to see the X-treme new roller coaster VAMPYRE operate with people on it!

Here is a nice skyline shot!

Elmwood Lake Park now has TWO of Anton Schwarzkopf's famous creations! That guy is a mad genius, I'll tell you that!

Vampyre looks rather intimidating up close, leading many people to have second thoughts about the ride.....

The triple loops are very thrilling, expecially with the fact that they are completley circular, which makes them more intense!

Overbank turns!

Another extremley intense part of the ride is the drop after the second lift hill. The G-forces were so powerful that they will literally crush you inside your seats and cause some riders to become temporarily blinded!

Here is a nice shot of the park at night! Beautiful isn't it?

VAMPYRE AT ELMWOOD LAKE PARK: THE MOST X-TREME ROLLER COASTER OF ALL TIME?

Earlier this year, Elmwood Lake Park located in the home of Jack Daniels Whisky; Lynchburg,Tennessee opened up a brand new large steel looping roller coaster named Vampyre. But could Vampyre be more intense and extreme than first expected? Vampyre is the only roller coaster on earth that has three consecutive loops in a row, which is an incredibly intense element in the coaster, but another, more extreme part of the ride is when the train goes up a second lift hill and goes down a massive drop and a banked turn which is rumored to have G-forces so strong that the riders are literally pinned in their seats and can even cause blackouts and tunnel vision. Anton Schwarzkopf, the builder of Vampyre is known for his incredibly intense looping roller coasters, and it seems that Vampyre is no exception. Older coaster riders compare Vampyre to the late, great Crystal Beach Cyclone which was considered the most intense roller coaster ever. Has the Crystal Beach Cyclone met it's match? Could Vampyre be just as intense, if not more?

This does mean unfortunatly that Schwarzkopf's Super Looper is now officially obsolete. But this does not mean that it's going to be removed, in fact we expect Super Loper and Vampyre to thrill for decades to come!