TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Reride Policy

When I think of rerides, I think Kings Dominion, but then I often think KD. There are exceptions and of course their official policy is that they can deny it. I've seen when Dominator (reride central) allowed no rerides and when it was crowded, makes sense. I305, never by manufacturer decree. Seperate unload and load stations, well actually 3 years ago actually got rerides on Volcano. That's basically like a flight from National (sorry, Reagan) airport to Portland via Dulles, just because the short hop is short you still have to buckle up and extinguish cigarettes (yeah it's been that long since I made that flight).

Bush Gardens W isn't very good but the weird thing is you can if you happen to be on when it closes. Other parks never allow rerides after close, there it can be the only time! We even got a reride for the whole train by chanting "one more ride" on Apollo once when there wasn't the normal people waiting. Otherwise, typically they only allow it on Alps and Nessie, one time only, no changing seats, no one in line for your row. Sometimes Griffon, but no one in your row. Apollo would be the best, and I remember it being Ok at one time.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I think of rerides, I think Kings Dominion, but then I often think KD. There are exceptions and of course their official policy is that they can deny it. I've seen when Dominator (reride central) allowed no rerides and when it was crowded, makes sense. I305, never by manufacturer decree. Seperate unload and load stations, well actually 3 years ago actually got rerides on Volcano. That's basically like a flight from National (sorry, Reagan) airport to Portland via Dulles, just because the short hop is short you still have to buckle up and extinguish cigarettes (yeah it's been that long since I made that flight).

Bush Gardens W isn't very good but the weird thing is you can if you happen to be on when it closes. Other parks never allow rerides after close, there it can be the only time! We even got a reride for the whole train by chanting "one more ride" on Apollo once when there wasn't the normal people waiting. Otherwise, typically they only allow it on Alps and Nessie, one time only, no changing seats, no one in line for your row. Sometimes Griffon, but no one in your row. Apollo would be the best, and I remember it being Ok at one time.

Interesting, I re-rode Griffon even with people in my row. Maybe it was some sort of fluke occorance and will never happen again.

Once again, I saw the re-ride policy in full force today, also heard that the ACE ERT on Flight Deck (CGA) last night was the whole 2-ride and go around deal...which tells me something more serious must have happened for this rule to be enforced that far. We did get lucky however when we passed by Drop Tower at the end of the day. Getting ready to get in line, we find it was down so we moved on. Once we're about 50 feet away, the ride ops are yelling for us to come back as they were able to disable the problem cabin (This added a nice touch as far as friendly ride ops go). We ended the normal day with actually snagging a bonus 3rd ride on Drop Tower as they were doing the last cycle...fun stuff!

• 1 month later...

^Yep, I've never had a problem with getting re-rides if no one was waiting for my seat. The "one and only one" re-ride seems to be the company policy across all the Busch/Seaworld parks.

With that said, my routine every time I go to BGT is to get to Kumba early. That way I'm able to get 6 quick rides in with only having to go around twice.

Kings Island: a DEFINATE yes. if there is no one waiting in your row you can. you can even move to another row and they still allow it. Flight Deck is reride central cause i rode it 10 times in a row without leaving the station. even firehawk i rode it once and there was nobody in line and they let us reride it! The beast at night if ther is no line you can. Diamondback with no line on the stairs or your row or on ERT yes! Delirium no. Invertigo you have to go all the way around even with no line(which makes sense cause it is a very intense ride) Congo Falls yes i ve only been kicked out once. BTW random fact you cant go on firehawk if you have a bag or any loose items you have to put them in a locker they didnt enforce this untli mid-summer. Vortex they allow it if nobodys in your row or you can move up. Racer they enforce it that you have to go around the entrance(but hey its really short walk). Adventure Express they allow it its the sencondary reride central of KI. Vikingar yes the allow it we even rerode it once in a thunderstorm! Planet Snoopy allows it if nobodys in line. I geuss Reriding is a PARAMOUNT (pun intended) Importance.

If you have any more question tell me!

Joshua, Kings Island Fanatic.

• 10 months later...

I remember on the first TPR trip to the UK in 2006 we had ERT on Nemesis at Alton Towers. They made us exit the station and walk around to re-ride. The trains left the station with a lot of empty seats that could have been filled.

Busch Gardens Tampa consistently let me retire once and then had to get off. It was still very much appreciated. I did it on every coaster except Cheetah hunt (there was a line) and Gwazi (no desire to be beat up a second time).

• 11 months later...

Valleyfair allows you to reride once on most coasters if there is no one else waiting for your row. If someone is, they let you get another open seat of there is one. After two rides, you have to walk around again. I like this policy because if I'm looking to get my lap count up, this can help me do it a bit faster.

One time when I purchased a Quick Queue at SeaWorld Orlando, they allowed me to keep on riding in the second row on Kraken since that is Kraken's designated Quick Queue row, and there were no other QQ users waiting for it. Although, I will admit that I felt hated by the people in the normal line because Kraken had a pretty long line that day. Looking back on it, I probably wouldn't do that again.

At sfne, in ride cyclone 5 times in a row because nobody was waiting in my row and "Bizarro:Ride Of Nonexistent Effects" 4 times in a row because there was an empty seat every time i rode. It depends on the ride op though.

Six Flags parks are usually pretty liberal with rerides. Cedar Fair parks are very hit-or-miss. At Knott's and Kings Dominion they are pretty cool, but at CGA they have a strict one-reride policy. (You have to exit the station and walk around after two rides in a row) Busch parks also enforce this policy. Dorney and Herchend have a no-reride policy, which was quite annoying when I was at Dorney; when I returned to the station on Thunderhawk, there was literally nobody else in line, and the ops refused to allow rerides. Same with Steel Force. They were running three trains with less than ten people boarding on each cycle, and they still refused rerides.

Carowinds had the weirdest policy I have ever seen, though. They had a ten-ride limit. It was empty when I was there, so they were requiring that people exit the station after riding ten times in a row. I had no problem with this policy, as I was happy enough to be able to get ten rides on Afterburn, anyway. I just thought it was weird.

Cedar Point is the perfect example of hit or miss. Some rides it's absolutely fine, others it is not, and others maybe sometimes at the very end of the evening. All depends on who is in charge at the ride.

Perhaps they want to keep their turnstile numbers as accurate as possible? Besides the fact those turnstiles are really just a ballpark number since many of them click twice as someone passes through or they don't account for alternative access or front of the line passes. Overall, I'm not sure why the reride policy is so wishy-washy.

• 4 weeks later...

It really depends on the ride op. Yesterday the crew at Renegade let me go 17 times without getting up, but last week they said "You can re-ride once, then you have to exit and walk around. I've also re-riden Power Tower because there was an empty seat. Valleyfair is a "sometimes" park, it never hurts to ask.

Six Flags parks are usually pretty liberal with rerides. Cedar Fair parks are very hit-or-miss. At Knott's and Kings Dominion they are pretty cool, but at CGA they have a strict one-reride policy. (You have to exit the station and walk around after two rides in a row) Busch parks also enforce this policy. Dorney and Herchend have a no-reride policy, which was quite annoying when I was at Dorney; when I returned to the station on Thunderhawk, there was literally nobody else in line, and the ops refused to allow rerides. Same with Steel Force. They were running three trains with less than ten people boarding on each cycle, and they still refused rerides.

Carowinds had the weirdest policy I have ever seen, though. They had a ten-ride limit. It was empty when I was there, so they were requiring that people exit the station after riding ten times in a row. I had no problem with this policy, as I was happy enough to be able to get ten rides on Afterburn, anyway. I just thought it was weird.

I think Dorney is like that because they would never be able to get accurate ridership data otherwise given the fact that the rides are walk ons almost every single day of the operating season. Sure this happens occasionally at other parks but at Dorney it's really the norm and it always has been. If they allowed re-rides it would make up an enormous chunk of the total ridership.

One thing that backs up this theory is that the one time I got a re-ride at Dorney it was actually on Thunder Creek Mountain... one of the few rides that always has a line so they probably don't care so much about the no-re-ride policy as the opportunity to do so is so rare.