TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Do you buy DVDs, Blu-Rays, or Stream Video?

How do you watch movies & videos? (Choose the one that applies the most)  

234 members have voted

1. 1. How do you watch movies & videos? (Choose the one that applies the most)

• I buy mostly Blu-Rays
    • I buy mostly DVDs
    • I stream or download most videos

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I prefer Blu-Ray! I brought Roller Coasters in the Raw vol.1 But it stopped playing after I watched it 3 times. Strange because it doesn't have any scratches on it or anything.

Yeah, this happened for me with Roller Coasters in the RAW Vol. 6 - Steel DVD after only two uses.

I only buy DVD's right now. I've never downloaded any type of video or movie, and would prefer to keep it that way. With that said, I wouldn't object to you not doing a DVD. I mean, I HAVE to have my Roller Coasters in the RAW fix, so if it's only available on Blu-Ray or for download, it would be incentive for me to join the rest of the world and purchase a Blu-Ray player, which isn't a bad thing.

I might be in the minority here but I only watch DVD's. We do not have a Blu-Ray player and I don't have a smart phone or tablet to watch streaming videos. I have all the RAW videos on DVD as well as most the the Coaster Expeditions and Coaster Footages on DVD. The ones I don't have on DVD I have on old school VHS back in the day when TPR was sending them out via VHS.

Jimmy "Totally old school" Bo

I would like to see the videos in HD, either as a download or a Blu-ray.

For me it's simpler and faster to use the streamed or download option instead of the Blu-ray, but I normally order them after a while, too

I buy mainly Blu-Rays, but I would also consider buying digital download versions of the videos. I like the idea of buying the Blu-Rays so that I have a physical copy of the video and it doesn't take up a bunch of space on my hard drive...

I like buying DVDs and/or Blu-rays that come with a digital copy. That way, I can put the digital copy on my Macbook or external hard disk and still have the physical media if something goes awry.

So serious (related) question. Those of you who have not upgraded to Blu-Ray yet - do you have an HDTV and just don't see the need or do you still have a CRT/Tube/Projection tv?

Tube for me......never really felt a need to expand because we simply don't watch a whole lot of TV anyhow.....

So serious (related) question. Those of you who have not upgraded to Blu-Ray yet - do you have an HDTV and just don't see the need or do you still have a CRT/Tube/Projection tv?

I guess I just don't have the need for the latest technology. I'm not into the latest technology and I don't go out of my way to watch movies (theater or at home). Nor do I watch that much TV anyway and have never had an issue with my "old" standard TV experience.

The main reason I switched to an HDTV was because my old DVD player died and I replaced it with a Blu-Ray. My old Zenith TV was still working well, but I decided I may as well go all the way.

Edited by cfc

I have to admit I'm surprised by the number of people who say they don't have a blu-ray player. Not a criticism (why buy one if you don't need/want it?) but I was under the impression they were basically ubiquitous now - i.e. most PCs bought in the last 2-3 years would have one, every PS3 has one and so forth.

That said, I used to have 100s of DVDs, now my collection is probably 50% blu-ray, 30% DVD and 20% digital. The trend is definitely towards streaming/digital downloads though, and I won't mind the day when all my music/movies/games/books are completely digital with no physical media.