TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Do you buy DVDs, Blu-Rays, or Stream Video?

How do you watch movies & videos? (Choose the one that applies the most)  

234 members have voted

1. 1. How do you watch movies & videos? (Choose the one that applies the most)

• I buy mostly Blu-Rays
    • I buy mostly DVDs
    • I stream or download most videos

I buy the downloads, although I wish you'd offer HD downloads. Even if it's just 720p. Those little videos are fine on a phone or tablet. But they look lousy on a HDTV.

Also, I prefer the Coaster Expedition series. I've bought all of those. I like seeing the whole park and not just the coasters. Hope you'll do some more in the future.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me, being in Canada, it takes for freaking ever for anything to reach me, so the downloadable option is great for me. That said, downloading something at Blu-Ray quality is probably a bit pushing it at this point, especially for what ISP's charge up here.

I LOVE the DVDs! As it is time to drift off to sleep each night, I can view the stunning rides on the mid-sized 32" flat-screen at the end of my bed, then drift to sleep, happily as a lulliby into Dreamworld. I buy the DVDs, as I have yet to buy a Blu-Ray. Sometimes I watch streaming video, but not often. Awesome work! Many air-time kudos to Robb Alvey and Ellisa. And, yes, I have been known to show the videos at social gatherings, and even entertain my girlfiend when each new DVD comes out.

I'm more prone to downloads and streams now-a-days. Mostly because I like to just pull it up whenever on my laptop/Apple TV/iPhone and watch what I want right then and then on to the next thing. Discs (BR or DVD) make it more of an event and I don't tend to watch more than once.

The ability to download on iTunes is like a godsend to me, so easy to purchase and share among my devices.

I've bought all the DVD's so far and will only buy DVD versions, so I'd be disappointed if you discontinued them.

I've never had much success downloading large video files off the net; we have an ancient 'patchwork' broadband system in parts of Australia and the connection usually gets dropped partway through. (Government is building a new national broadband network, but it won't be finished until 2020!)

The early results are VERY interesting... could this be the first year we don't produce a DVD version?

What about a limited signed and/or numbered DVD release for the DVD buyers!

I buy DVD. Love having the physical product, for there's a different feeling than what downloading has. Don't have Blu-Ray though.

I'm streaming videos as well as I'm buying DVDs. The advantage of streaming videos is that you are able to watch the video immediately. In contrast to that buying a DVD is great because you have a kind of souvenir, so something in your hands so a stream is more handy.

I usually download from the store; I tend to be impatient and I hate waiting for deliveries. Plus, the price is right on the downloads. I'd still love to see a higher definition downloadable format (at a fair price premium, of course), but even the current downloads don't look bad.

I rent/buy movies on DVDs. But now that I've got a 60-inch Acquos 240Hz HDTV (the 240 refresh rate makes everything hyper-real - for instance, the Atom Smasher coaster on the This is Cinerama BluRay is awesome in 240), I'll buy Coaster vids in Blu-Ray; but I also download your coaster videos and watch them on my iPhone 4S with retina display, which makes for a great viewing experience.

I usually download from the store; I tend to be impatient and I hate waiting for deliveries. Plus, the price is right on the downloads. I'd still love to see a higher definition downloadable format (at a fair price premium, of course), but even the current downloads don't look bad.

This is actually high on my "to do list" and will probably happen shortly after the first of the year. The only issue I have is that some of the earlier footage was shot in standard def, so while I can get the downloads looking better, bit rate wise, the source material isn't HD. Still, though, they will look great on an iPad or iPhone...