TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Do you buy DVDs, Blu-Rays, or Stream Video?

How do you watch movies & videos? (Choose the one that applies the most)  

234 members have voted

1. 1. How do you watch movies & videos? (Choose the one that applies the most)

• I buy mostly Blu-Rays
    • I buy mostly DVDs
    • I stream or download most videos

Hey everyone!

It's that time of year again where I'm in production on the next installment of "Roller Coasters in the RAW", but I need some input from you. With how quickly technology moves, and changes in how we watch video, I need some feedback from our members.

Quite simply, answer the poll question above, and any comments you would like to add would be VERY helpful! For example, if you mostly watch Blu-Rays, but would also buy a DVD, please post below and let us know!

Thank you!

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is a blu ray LOL. I made it to DVD land but still have crap loads of VHS! SO DVD for me and RAW is the way to go!!! The music based vids are nice but I would rather hear the sounds of the rides and the rider reaction. Streaming is nice, but I like to have the DVD for posterity.

Pretty much everything I watch is downloaded or streamed. I haven't even used my Blu-Ray player in over a year because I have all my HD video backed up to hard drives.

I know the bandwidth issues must be a huge obstacle but if TPR were ever to offer HD downloads I'd be happy to pay for them.

I still buy DVDs since I don't have a Blu-Ray player and I'd have to upgrade my TV for one of them to make sense. I'm honestly not a huge fan of digital downloads since I can only watch those one place instead of several. As far as TPR videos are concerned, if a DVD is released I'll definitely buy it, but otherwise it will depend on the price of the Blu-Ray and whether or not I could convince my brother to let me use his PS3.

I don't have a Blu-Ray player and will, most likely, NOT be purchasing one in the near future. As for digital downloads, there are benefits such as reduced cost, but I would much rather have Coasters in the Raw on DVD. Call me lazy, but I enjoy not having to boot up my computer and hook it up to the TV when I want to watch a movie. I own a copy of every RAW DVD to date and would be disappointed if the DVD option were discontinued. Thanks for all of the hard work you put into these; I truly appreciate it!

If the digital download was 720p I would definitely consider that as an alternative to the blu-ray. However I still prefer the blu-ray as it's easier to skip to specific coasters when you have menus/chapters.

It'd also be great if there was a secure torrent option instead of a direct download, as I've had my net connection die a few times during a TPR download, then have to start again.

Although we have a Blue-Ray player we still use it mostly for DVD's. Blue-Rays offer a much better quality over DVD's but seem to more expensive. Downloading is probably my personal favorite way to go. I connect my PC to the living room TV with wireless HDMI so I can play a large amount of videos that way. Downloading is also more favorable because of the ability to transfer it over to mobile platforms. I would personally go for Blue-Rays for their quality and downloading for convenience.