TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Bad Restaurant Experiences

Sir Clinksalot

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure how I ever missed this thread, but here's my contribution:

One time, we went up to a pizza place in Thousand Oaks called Stuft Crust Pizza. The three of us were seated and they took our order. We waited. And waited. And waited. Nothing.

We noticed that others who had been seated after us were being served, ate, and left. After 45 minutes, we hadn't even received our drinks. Strangely, our server showed up and asked if we'd gotten our drinks yet. Um, no, there are no glasses on the table...

So, someone else comes out with drinks and we asked what was taking our food so long. Soon after, the manager showed up and we asked him the same thing. He told us that there had been a mix-up in the kitchen and that they would comp our drinks.

Finally, after another ten minutes or so, our pizza arrived---brought by the manager himself, who then said that they'd comp the entire meal because of the delay.

Not a bad deal because not only did our pizza feed us for lunch, it fed us for dinner and lunch again the next day!

Eric

I don't recall having any kind of 'bad' experience at a restaurant. I always hated going to Chinese restaurants, because I HATE Chinese food, and the only thing I could get there that I like is steamed rice. That's pretty much the worst thing that's ever happened to me at a restaurant.

Woah. I'm starting to talk like I'm writing a school essay or something. Complete paragraphs... scary!

Jacks BBQ

Me and my mom sat down to dinner at a new place that we heard was AMAZING! So we order our dinners, Baby Back Ribs for the both of us (since everyone says its so great) and we ordered our drinks at the same time, we wait 30 minutes, and our drinks FINALLY come, we sip it down since we were thirsty, and 1 hour later, not even a refill, no food, and the worst part, there are flies ALL OVER! They kept landing on my face and in my ears, wow just wow! Finally our food comes out, the waiter gives us some silverware, and the stuff isnt even CLEAN! I decided to use my hands since they were ribs, touch one, FROZEN cold! I try to rip it off, and the sauce is all dry, its got flies on it, I go in for a fry, dip it in ketchup, put it in my mouth, the second it hit my tongue I SPIT IT OUT! Freezing cold, like a rock, my moms meal was the same, 15 minutes later the waiter comes back with a refill for our drinks, we ask to see the manager, he goes "Im sorry our manager is out at the moment, he'll be back in 15 minutes." WHAT THE HELL!! They didnt even have an ASST Manager, so we wait 15 minutes sucking down our drinks, we explain everything, and the man says "Im terribly sorry here is a coupon for another meal when you come back." WHAT THE HELL!!! If it was this bad this time, WHY WOULD WE COME BACK!!! So my mom was forced paying $30 and we left NO tip at all, and just left. Gave the coupon to our friend and said go back and check it out, she comes back to us the next day and basically goes "Thanks for the coupon the food was delicious!" What the hell kinda tastebuds do you have lady, what the hell....

You couldnt pay me a MILLION dollars to consume their food!

^Hahahahaha. You never should have posted that picture. Thanks for the new avatar!

Oh sweet baby jesus NOOOOOOOOOOO!

I'm both honored and horrified, yet laughing at the absurdity.

Well, after some heavy stuff this week, I needed a good laugh, so thank you.

You are very, very welcome sir.

Thanks for the avatar. I think it'll be popular with the ladies.

Reading others experiences remind me of things that have happened to me that I had almost completely forgotten about.

I was eating at a hotel restaurant in Allentown PA with my sister and a couple of her friends when I was about 15 (many, many years ago) I got my salad, ate half of it and then noticed a piece of lettuce moving. There was a live bug in the salad. My sister's friend called the waitress over and said that there was a roach or something in the salad. The waitress looked at it and said nonchalantly "Oh...it's a cricket". My sister's friend answered "Well, it wasn't ordered". I didn't have to pay for that meal.

A couple of years ago, I went to the drive-thru at McDonalds and got the 2 cheeseburger meal. When I unwrapped the burgers, there was no meat on either one...just cheese. How hard is a job at McDonalds that you can overlook the meat? I took them back inside to show the girl at the counter. She looked at them and laughed and said "He did it again". They gave me 4 cheeseburgers to replace them...2 of which I threw away (I can't eat 4 burgers).

TheRapidsNerd wrote:

Quote:

^Hahahahaha. You never should have posted that picture. Thanks for the new avatar!

Oh sweet baby jesus NOOOOOOOOOOO!

I'm both honored and horrified, yet laughing at the absurdity.

Well, after some heavy stuff this week, I needed a good laugh, so thank you.

You are very, very welcome sir.

Thanks for the avatar. I think it'll be popular with the ladies.

Commendable optimism, however, lady luck was not on my side back then. Hope you fair better.

When I told the guys at work about this and sent them the pic to laugh at, I became one of our part-timer's desktop back ground. It was so bad, there wasn't a dry eye in the room from all the laughing. Good good laughs this week.

Now, I did hear a story of really bad service from some of my parent's friends a few years ago. Don't remember everything, but the man ordered a hamburger, but forgot something and went back to the cook's window to say something. The cook at this mom and pop place had his stained wife-beater pulled up, and was patting out the burger patties on his hairy, sticking out, stomach. They left faster than Top Thrill Dragster in top form.

Yeah, to go along with hair in food. I was at a Western Sizzlin and I ordered a burger with hasbrowns. Then she brings the plate and I first took a bite of Hasbrowns. Then I look and she a dady long legs cooked into it! Im like OMFG! No! She says, o do you want a new plate, and I said if its free then yeah!

And we went back, I still like the food there!

-Tatum

Have you ever eaten at a restaurant where it seems as though everyone--from the waiter to the kitchen to the manager--just wants to annoy and insult you? I present in evidence the Blue Talon Bistro in Williamsburg, Va.

The service at this joint has always been a problem, but the food used to make up for it. Well, not anymore. My good friend Hilary was in town, and we decided to hit the Blue Talon for lunch. She ordered the "special," fish and chips, while I went for the spicy shrimp with cashews and penne pasta.

The food arrives. Hilary takes a bite of the yummy-looking breaded fish, only to find a bone chip. Yes, a big nasty bone chip in a breaded filet. Hell, this doesn't even happen at Long John Silver's, much less a pretentious little "bistro." She cuts off a piece of the other fish filet for me. I try it and, bingo, another bone fragment.

Well, enough of that, we decided. It takes about ten minutes to flag down our waitress, who hasn't bothered to check on "how we're doing" or to refill our drinks. Hilary politely explains the "bone situation," and orders a bowl of what I'm having. The waitress, with nary an apology, takes the offending fish back to the kitchen.

Another ten minutes go by, and the manager ambles over to our table asking if there's a problem. We explain the "bone situation" again, and he goes back to the kitchen, only to return and tell us that this particular fish has but "one bone" to remove, so it was quite unlikely that there were any bones in Hilary's fish at all.

Yes, it's always a great idea to hint that your customer is lying--a very sound business practice.

My veneer of politeness was finally stripped away. "Well, then he must've chopped up that 'one bone' and stuck it in both filets," I said. The manager apologizes and leaves.

Well, Hilary's penne shows up. It's cold. And to top it off, there's a big glob of Alfredo-sauce-drenched linguini in the bottom of the bowl! It's like they just dumped out a bowl of Alfredo and refilled it with the penne without even cleaning the damn thing!

I later learned that my office had a business dinner there and that the staff made one of our larger guests feel very uncomfortable--pointing at him and laughing, making cracks behind his back about his weight, just overall insulting behavior. Our president had to mend fences with him (and tear the owner of the Blue Talon a new one).

What a bunch of losers.

'kay, time for the official "things i've found in my school cafeteria food this year" segment!

-exactly 7 hairs (not all at once )

-a bone in chicken patty (that I don't even think is real meat!)

-one of those peel-off rings that is under the cap on a milk bottle.

-a BBQ chicken sandwich accidently covered in KETCHUP!

-a fork in the ground beef in my taco (not sure how I missed it)

-what appeared to be a dragonfly wing

-a carrot

my school is so effed up.

Another time, my mom and I went to a place called La Madeline or something. So I wanted a small Grilled Chicken Ceasar Salad and a Baked Potatoe Soup. So I put in the order and she gives the order to the guy in the back. And there isn't a wall between the kitchen so you can hear and see what the chefs are doing. So he starts making a Ceasar Salad the size of the moon. And the Chicken was the most gross Chicken ever! It was boiled instead of grilled. Then I relize he only put like a teaspoon of dresasing on kthe salad! Then we got some cook to bring me some more! It still wasen't enough! The soup was great, I will say that!

Rant is over!

-Tatum

I used to work as a manager in a restaurent in here and believe me customers have no idea about chaos and all kind of things happened all around them.

Restaurent is a crazy business to run and there are always problems. I had some shofts without a second of rest, just trying to fix everything around me.

As a customer once I was in an Indian restaurent and at the end of the mealk they brought us bowls of water to wash our hands. One of the people just spilled the water on my back and if it wasnt bad enough tried to fix it buy shoving a towel under my shirt . I was shocked while my friends were pretty amused seeing me all red.

'kay, time for the official "things i've found in my school cafeteria food this year" segment!

-exactly 7 hairs (not all at once )

-a bone in chicken patty (that I don't even think is real meat!)

-one of those peel-off rings that is under the cap on a milk bottle.

-a BBQ chicken sandwich accidently covered in KETCHUP!

-a fork in the ground beef in my taco (not sure how I missed it)

-what appeared to be a dragonfly wing

-a carrot

my school is so effed up.

Oh wow so is mine!

We cant eat beef for 2 weeks for something about how the cows are being treated.

This kid (not me) found a roach in his BBQ sandwich!

We've seen mice scurry across the floor ALL THE TIME!

Burnt Tatertots to the point of you cant even crush it if your the strongest kid in school.

Hair

Rock solid cold pizza

Not even melted fake cheese in the quesadilla

Burnt quesadilla

Undercooked french toast!

Have you ever eaten at a restaurant where it seems as though everyone--from the waiter to the kitchen to the manager--just wants to annoy and insult you? I present in evidence the Blue Talon Bistro in Williamsburg, Va.

Wow! Sorry that happened to you. That's a shame. A business associate and I almost went there one night for dinner last year. Glad I opted for the local chinese delivery which was really good.