TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Was Six Flags Amercia a bad idea?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's a good park, one thing against it are the number of very good parks somewhat near. The name makes it sound like a tourist destination, when it is more a local park. I'm glad someone bought it, that always leaves open the possibility of improvement. It is harder to start a new park than keep one going. I still would go occasionally if I had a bit more money or time, maybe next year.

Not only do they get few rides, the tendency to economize with what they got has always worked against them while Superman, though not the best of the series, was more a long-term success. Mind Eraser was adequate, 2 Face is gone, Joker's Jinx again adequate, and Batwing while initially popular has poor capacity and even just another adequate coaster would have served them better in the long run. ROAR, I really liked but allegedly is now rough, wasn't running last time I went, and isn't a big draw.

I think it's a good park, one thing against it are the number of very good parks somewhat near. The name makes it sound like a tourist destination, when it is more a local park. I'm glad someone bought it, that always leaves open the possibility of improvement. It is harder to start a new park than keep one going. I still would go occasionally if I had a bit more money or time, maybe next year.

Not only do they get few rides, the tendency to economize with what they got has always worked against them while Superman, though not the best of the series, was more a long-term success. Mind Eraser was adequate, 2 Face is gone, Joker's Jinx again adequate, and Batwing while initially popular has poor capacity and even just another adequate coaster would have served them better in the long run. ROAR, I really liked but allegedly is now rough, wasn't running last time I went, and isn't a big draw.

That's the thing it is the new SFKK because they have good rides but the rides hurt also some people just stop by the park to get ride credits. They really need to renavate Nightwing

Well, now, to say SFA is a bad idea is almost the same as saying SFDK was a bad idea. Seven coasters were added between 1998 and 2001, while the park would not receieve its next coaster until 2008, and even that was gone within three years. Eleven years went by before SFDK saw a fully new, signature attraction, the same amount of time SFA waited. If the park is turning a profit, it is fine in the eyes of the chain.

Shouka in '04

you're welcome

Edited by Mean Streak

Well, now, to say SFA is a bad idea is almost the same as saying SFDK was a bad idea. Seven coasters were added between 1998 and 2001, while the park would not receieve its next coaster until 2008, and even that was gone within three years. Eleven years went by before SFDK saw a fully new, signature attraction, the same amount of time SFA waited. If the park is turning a profit, it is fine in the eyes of the chain.

Shouka in '04

You're welcome.

You're welcome.

I thought the only reason the park was still here was because Dan Snider wanted to have a property in a close proximity to the Redskins, as he also owns (or owned) them along with Six Flags. Also, when I visited for the first time in 2010, every employee was amazing. I barely made the height requirement for the 54" rides, and I was delivered a high five every time I made the requirement. They were all enthusiastic, and because I only was one of about thirty other visitors to the park, they weren't stressed from the crowds, and did an awesome job. The employees there alone made that one of my best visits to an amusement park ever. Many other people that I know love the place, and because of how successful it is with the locals, I think it was an fine idea to make it a more well-rounded park. They have a nice balance of coasters and flats, they care about their kids areas, they have some very nicely themed areas (and some not), and they keep their classics and don't keep rides for the sake of having rides. Even their SLC is well cared for, and it is smooth enough for the GP to eat it up. Sure, they haven't gotten a "new" ride in a while, but once they hauled Iron Wolf-pocalypse over here, people have been returning to the park, and it has definitely been improving. This park very good for what it is, and if you're bashing the park because it's not the next Cedar Point or Universal Studios, then you can leave it alone, because it's a good park, and there's no way to deny it, unless you had a terrible experience there. But give the place a chance, and if you want it to be the Cedar Point of Maryland, then you can go bash some other park. But this is a local park, not a worldwide destination. This is a decent park, despite what some PTR's say, so if you don't like it based off a couple of pictures, then don't visit this park and bash one that you've been too, maybe Cedar Point. But leave this park alone if you've never experienced it for yourself.

Shouka in '04

You're welcome.

You're welcome.

I thought the only reason the park was still here was because Dan Snider wanted to have a property in a close proximity to the Redskins, as he also owns (or owned) them along with Six Flags. Also, when I visited for the first time in 2010, every employee was amazing. I barely made the height requirement for the 54" rides, and I was delivered a high five every time I made the requirement. They were all enthusiastic, and because I only was one of about thirty other visitors to the park, they weren't stressed from the crowds, and did an awesome job. The employees there alone made that one of my best visits to an amusement park ever. Many other people that I know love the place, and because of how successful it is with the locals, I think it was an fine idea to make it a more well-rounded park. They have a nice balance of coasters and flats, they care about their kids areas, they have some very nicely themed areas (and some not), and they keep their classics and don't keep rides for the sake of having rides. Even their SLC is well cared for, and it is smooth enough for the GP to eat it up. Sure, they haven't gotten a "new" ride in a while, but once they hauled Iron Wolf-pocalypse over here, people have been returning to the park, and it has definitely been improving. This park very good for what it is, and if you're bashing the park because it's not the next Cedar Point or Universal Studios, then you can leave it alone, because it's a good park, and there's no way to deny it, unless you had a terrible experience there. But give the place a chance, and if you want it to be the Cedar Point of Maryland, then you can go bash some other park. But this is a local park, not a worldwide destination. This is a decent park, despite what some Photo TR's say, so if you don't like it based off a couple of pictures, then don't visit this park and bash one that you've been too, maybe Cedar Point. But leave this park alone if you've never experienced it for yourself.

That makes no secence so if the old owner also owned the Red Skins that is a terriable reason to keep a park. So if he owned The Broncos he would have kept Elitch Gardens it makes no secence. I am not bashing the park I am questioning it because of the not so good attendence through out the years. They need to have metal dectors and it gets bad at night. They should renavate Nightwing and re-paint it.