TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What's new for 2013? Rides and Attractions

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It might be a Euro-fighter like Takabisha, with the crazy banana roll and super-steep stalling drop.

Might also be like that new crazy launched spinner with inversions

I am surprised that Intamin isn't building a new coaster so far next year

They most defiantly do, we just don't know about them yet.

One more of the three 10-inversion coasters have been confirmed now for China. (if rcdb count as confirmation, I leave to somebody else to decide) RCDB

Another one is going to Hopi Hari, and one more is coming.

Intamin said they were all going on different continents, and the last one is rumored for Europe, in a park in Italy.

• 3 weeks later...
Lake Compounce is adding a big Wavepool in the new section of Crocodile Cove and it will be announced the end of December.

Thanks, I mistakenly thought I had already added this. I noticed that ground clearing had already started when I was there two weeks ago.

Edited by larrygator

Confirmed Euro-fighter for Alton Towers. Gerstlauer. March 2013 opening.

'World beating' coaster' along with new worlds first element. World beating rumoured to be most inversions (14+), and first element being a revolving track.

Apologies if this has been posted on this thread, feel free to remove Rob.

It seems to me like Intamin is getting a surge in the 10-inversion coaster business. It would be nice to get one in the US at least .

Agreed! The only thing is I would prefer that they not use just Heartline Rolls for half of the inversions. Why not throw in a batwing, a zero-G roll, a cutback, a wraparound corkscrew, a twisted horseshoe roll, or something other than 5 heartline rolls?

It seems to me like Intamin is getting a surge in the 10-inversion coaster business. It would be nice to get one in the US at least .

Agreed! The only thing is I would prefer that they not use just Heartline Rolls for half of the inversions. Why not throw in a batwing, a zero-G roll, a cutback, a wraparound corkscrew, a twisted horseshoe roll, or something other than 5 heartline rolls?

The reason Collosus got 5 heartline rolls is because they are an energy efficient element, so they were basically able to use the 8 inversion layout as is, and just tack the last two inversions on the end to make 10.

To do what you describe, with a batwing, zero-g, cutback etc etc would necessitate a bigger first drop, and subsequently, the first few inversions needing to be a bit bigger too to account for that.

• 1 month later...

Hello TPR!

Long-time lurker and first-time poster so here goes nothing...

I thought I'd add Wild Adventures in Valdosta, GA to this 2013 list. According to the WA website, they're getting "Tail Spin" which appears to be a Zamperla Disk-O. For what it's worth, some sort of kiddie ride called "Wacky Wheels" is also mentioned.

Hello TPR!

Long-time lurker and first-time poster so here goes nothing...

I thought I'd add Wild Adventures in Valdosta, GA to this 2013 list. According to the WA website, they're getting "Tail Spin" which appears to be a Zamperla Disk-O. For what it's worth, some sort of kiddie ride called "Wacky Wheels" is also mentioned.

Thank you for coming out of lurker mode to let us know.