TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR! The Travel Channel Needs YOU!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My only question is whether we have to pay for park admission or not. Because I would love to do it at Kings Dominion as I've never been, but if we have to pay for admission I might as well go as a guest. Even then, this is an awesome opportunity for everyone to do something fun on some of the best rides, and it's really fantastic of the Travel Channel to reach out to you Robb!

You do not have to pay for admission into the shoot, but it is not guaranteed they will let you stay in the park the entire day. Rule of thumb is this - if you have ask so many questions about the shoot, don't submit your information. The production company doesn't have time to answer a million questions or work around your schedule. They just need people to ride the coasters.

I think Rob should put in a good word for me to get picked for Cedar Point on Oct 20 since I stayed late to operate Ravine Flyer II ERT this past summer.

I have been anxiously been checking my inbox. Yeah I'm cool.

I think Rob should put in a good word for me to get picked for Cedar Point on Oct 20 since I stayed late to operate Ravine Flyer II ERT this past summer.

I have been anxiously been checking my inbox. Yeah I'm cool.

I appreciate you staying late!! Had a blast!

My brother and I are going to be there for SFOT shoot. I know for sure Oct 13th, maybe the 14th one as well.

Even if all we do is ride NTAG or Titan over and over again for like an hour. Totally worth it.

When is the filming going to take place on the 13th? I would assume early before the park opens. Have they given you those details?

My brother and I are going to be there for SFOT shoot. I know for sure Oct 13th, maybe the 14th one as well.

Even if all we do is ride NTAG or Titan over and over again for like an hour. Totally worth it.

When is the filming going to take place on the 13th? I would assume early before the park opens. Have they given you those details?

No. I've only been given the dates of the shoot.

Again....

Rule of thumb is this - if you have ask so many questions about the shoot, don't submit your information. The production company doesn't have time to answer a million questions or work around your schedule. They just need people to ride the coasters.

I sent them a message to inquire. On a related but unrelated note I noticed they were also filming at Silverwood end of the month

Travel Channel is coming to Scarywood!!! They will be filming in the park Wednesday, October 24th for a special segment airing in next year's episode of "Halloween's Scariest Thrills." We have been chosen as one of the top 24 in the nation! Who wants to be on TV?

facebook

I received an email saying that I was in and info would be sent later. Then when I sent a friendly reminder, I was told it was full already. She did say, she would notify me of any future coaster shows to be filmed that perhaps I could be part of. No hard feelings here though, I had planned on going to SFOT regardless this weekend to get in a few rides of NTAG.

Hello TPR Members! If you are living in Japan at the moment the Travel Channel needs YOU!

Travel Channel will be filming at Fuji-Q on October 22nd & 23rd and they need riders! If you are interested, please contact: mfitzimons@indigofilms.com

Please be sure to send:

- Your Full Name

- Your Age

- Male/Female

- Your contact info (email, mobile number, address, etc)

- What dates you are available for

- Sending a photo of you is always helpful! (although not required)

- Let them know you are from Theme Park Review

Again, if you're living in Japan, please help out the Travel Channel!

Thank you!

--Robb

For those of you waiting to hear word, be patient.

I just got word late this afternoon with details for SFOT, which is scheduled for day-after-tomorrow(!)

I had sent a friendly inquiry several days ago, but didn't get anything until today and it was the mass email to everyone who got in.

So if you've signed up for one, plan to go just in case... I'm having to scramble to see if I can get the day off work tomorrow now. If not, I'll be driving all night to be there Saturday morning.

So if you see someone on Travel Channel next season who looks like a zombie with sleep deprivation, that's me!