• Dschunke
    • Log Flume
    • Other - NO coasters!!!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely the Enterprise.

I don't think the log flume is a good option. This is what RD told me back in July:

Unfortunately, the flumes were not a success overall. However, the design/process that He used were bought by Intamin AG's first foray into self manufacturing; they are still built (based upon the same technology) by Intamin to this day. No Schwarzkopf built flumes remain in operation- but Intamin has done well with the same system themselves.

^I just knew I had to have ridden at least one Schwarzkopf flat ride. While it's not one of my favorites, I enjoyed being able to ride the Bayern Kurve as part of Kennywood's excellent ride collection. Hopefully the next time I'm at CGA, I'll be able to ride that one too.

Love the Polyp (Monster) rides. I'm not sure if it is one since the cars are bigger and different but identical otherwise, but Serpiente Emplumada at Port Aventura is the most intense one I've been on. These are an awesome staple at Euro parks.

Up a close second is the extendo/ double-decker Bayern Kurve at Hansa Park, El Paso Express (thanks for the pic Big Mike!)

port-aventura-u80p503t1263841711cyxf69.jpg.84a299763cae1a8d8107700f89a4158e.jpg

Serpiente Emplumada at Port Aventura

170_121.jpg.73680ed2c1515c2bb443f7744d851be8.jpg

El Paso Express at Hansa Park

@rollin_n_coastin

The Polyp-viariant you posted is called Sombrero and produced by Italian manufacturer Sorani&Moser. Also a cool ride - did it last week at the Vienna Prater.

There are also Polyps with fixed gondolas by Klaus (germany) and Bakker (netherlands) - but IMO the Schwarzkopf version is still the best which concept is still built first by Wieland Schwarzkopf and today by Gerstlauer.

Also loved the Orbiter/Helios on the carnival circuit in the 80s/90s - was like a Himlaya on steriods as those cars could swing high up. Specially when were alone sitting on the inner side it easily swung up to 100 degrees or more while beeing only protected by a lapbar.

As far as I know there's only one left in europe in some french park.

schwarzkopf_19_154.jpg.eed59b5890b0b7536ff90e4da23bce25.jpg

Orbiter from when it was on the german carnival circuit

• 2 weeks later...

^^

Definitely the Enterprise.

I don't think the log flume is a good option. This is what RD told me back in July:

Unfortunately, the flumes were not a success overall. However, the design/process that He used were bought by Intamin AG's first foray into self manufacturing; they are still built (based upon the same technology) by Intamin to this day. No Schwarzkopf built flumes remain in operation- but Intamin has done well with the same system themselves.