TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Five Guys voted favorite burger chain

gisco

We finally made it to the new Elevation Burger a few weeks ago. We both thought the burgers were actually better than Five Guys. We thought they had a bit better taste, but what put them over the top was a greater variety of interesting toppings, and the aged cheddar cheese that they use is amazing. We liked the fries, but I think we both though the Five Guys fires were slightly better. Elevation does have something Five Guys does not: milkshakes. Neither one of us got one, but we both liked that they had that option.

So there is my short review. Check out an Elevation Burger if you get the chance.

dt

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For a burger chain? Smashburger is the best. And it's like, 6 bucks for any of their signature burgers! They have a unique burger for each state. Five Guys? Pfft.

http://smashburger.com/

Not to mention rosemary garlic fries. Mmm.

Ohio's Smashburger is :

Buckeye

-Fried pepper rings, American cheese, haystack onions, lettuce, tomato and mayo on an egg bun.

Although my favorite is: Spicy Baja

-Fresh jalapenos, guacamole, pepper jack, lettuce, tomato, onion and chipotle mayo on a spicy chipotle bun.

my favorite burger place is called cheeburger cheeburger. We have 2 in the st louis area, it has a 50's diner feel the prices are a little steep but the food is so amazing that its worth every penny. They have a 1 pound burger challenge that if you can finish it you get your picture on the wall. So far I havent tried 5guys but my wife, who has also been to cheeburger cheeburger, said there wasnt even a close comparision.

http://www.cheeburger.com/home2/index.asp

LOVE IT!!!

For a burger chain? Smashburger is the best. And it's like, 6 bucks for any of their signature burgers! They have a unique burger for each state. Five Guys? Pfft.

http://smashburger.com/

Not to mention rosemary garlic fries. Mmm.

For those who haven't experienced Smashburger, it very closely follows the model of "Upscale Steak 'n Shake". If you are a Steak 'n Shake fan, then definitely seek out Smashburger.

A growing chain out here is The Counter. Definitely a solid entry into the burger chain market. You can build your own or get one of their signature ones. And there's good beer on tap!

• 1 month later...

Just having a very similar discussion with a friend on Facebook and he said something that I actually agree with when it comes to In N Out.

They aren't my favorite but I honestly can't ever remember having a "bad" In N Out burger. They are nothing if not consistent. With In N Out you know you are always going to get a hot, fresh, well cooked burger, whether they are your favorite or not. Most other Fast Food type places can't meet that criteria. I can't count how many bad burgers I've had at other "chain" places.

So if nothing else, they've got that.

A Mooyah opened at the College of William and Mary last year. They're a little pricey, but they make great burgers and fries.

My fast-food burger of choice is still Five Guys, though.

Just having a very similar discussion with a friend on Facebook and he said something that I actually agree with when it comes to In N Out.

They aren't my favorite but I honestly can't ever remember having a "bad" In N Out burger. They are nothing if not consistent. With In N Out you know you are always going to get a hot, fresh, well cooked burger, whether they are your favorite or not. Most other Fast Food type places can't meet that criteria. I can't count how many bad burgers I've had at other "chain" places.

So if nothing else, they've got that.

Exactly! That's why I love In N Out. They are always consistently good.

A Mooyah opened at the College of William and Mary last year. They're a little pricey, but they make great burgers and fries.

My fast-food burger of choice is still Five Guys, though.

I like Mooyah more then Five Guys, but both are great. I just wish they were a few bucks cheaper.

It's nice to have both 5 Guys and In-N-Out nearby. I've had both many times, and think that they both easily top the fast food burger totem pole. Both have their pluses and minuses. However, I give the slight (and I do mean SLIGHT) edge to In-N-Out (go ahead and blame it on me being an insulated, self-important Californian ). Both are very high-quality burgers at reasonable prices. I like both fries (though In-N-Out's fries seem to be a love 'em or hate 'em kinda thing). I wish that In-N-Out had the topping choices that 5 Guys has. But, I think that In-N-Out simply makes a tastier burger. Trendiness and popularity mean nothing to me...all I care about is what tastes good. By that standard, I'll take In-N-Out over 5 Guys. Still, that doesn't mean I'd turn down a 5 Guys meal. I mean, that would be nuts to turn down one of those fantastic burgers and fries that can feed an army.

^But, to me, In N Out commits a cardinal burger sin: the use of 1000 Island Dressing. (Never could stand that glop.)

Love that spread. I also get some for my fries. I guess you could order a In N Out burger w/o the spread and ask for mustard and ketchup instead but I can't imagine doing that.

So I might have found my new favorite fast food burger joint this weekend. We made a trip up to Saratoga Race Course for some racing action on Saturday and they had a Shake Shack in the paddock area the it was an unbelievably good burger! My wife ordered for us so I don't even know what she got me but it seemed like just a plain ole cheese burger and it was fantastic. Just the right size, good flavor, and perfect fries to go with it.

Someone needs to open one of these closer to me! Down with 5 Guys, Shake Shack to rule the world!

^Yeah, we hit it up pretty early in the day before the races even started but after the first couple of races and the crowds started to arrive the line was easily 20 minutes or longer. Actually, I don't know how long the line was because I was busy sippin bourbon picking horses while the women fetched the burgers for everyone, life was good for a few hours on Saturday haha.