TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Five Guys voted favorite burger chain

gisco

Five Guys is great, but Smashburger is Outstanding! If you like your burger with serious toppings, this is the place. They have about 15 different burgers, including a build your own, as well as a myriad of chicken sandwiches. And their rosemary sweet potato fries are to die for!

Best Burger: Smashburger with Swiss, Avocado and a Fried Egg

Fries: Smashburger's Rosemary Sweet Potato Fries

Best Shakes: Anyone that even puts Steak and Shake in the same class as Fudrucker's is crazy! Malts>Shakes everytime.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Totally disagree. Easily the best chain burger. And show me one chain place with better fries.

dt

I honestly thought their fries were just average, and I've tried Five Guys, five times now. I keep hoping I see the light.

Problem is, around here is we have Tom and Eddy's now, and the old standby of Portillo's. I can get a burger that compares well to Five Guys, and get good fries at either of those places.

^I think it's weird that their only other SoCal location for Portillo's is in Moreno Valley. I pass by it all the time heading to work but have yet to stop in cause no one has ever given a good review (or has even been), but I think I'll give it a try sometime soon.

^Granted it was a Portillo's in Buena Park, but I wasn't blown away with their fries. I'd take Five Guys or Fatburger fries over Portillos.

Portillo's fries are OK. I just don't get the hype over Five Guys fries. There's 100's of Vienna Beef hot dog stands around here with better fries.

• 5 months later...

^ DAMN IT! Now I think I have to get those on the way home from school as there is an In N Out right by campus. I shouldn't but I've wanted them for days... damn diet! That image is not what I needed to see right now, but I've been doing pretty well.

Dare I ask....

Uh - "animal style" fries?

They're amazing! Fries topped with cheese, grilled onions, and the Thousand Island dressing!

This is what bugs me about In 'n' Out--I can't stand that glop!

^ I'm not a fan of Thousand Island for the most part, but I like In N Out's version and it's AMAZING on the Animal Style Fries.

I know it's not a fast food place, but I'm going to be checking out Unami Burger next week when I go to see the Rush movie at the Arclight with Q&A by Geddy and Alex. Squee.

^Unami is probably the most over rated burger chain in so cal. It's good, but not $15 with fries good.

Best burger value in so cal: Flemings steakhouse during happy hour. $6 for their amazing bacon cheeseburger.

^No, Five Guys destroys In & Out, aka THE MOST OVERRATED BURGER PLACE ON EARTH. Seriously, I've had better burgers from the random guys that make food outside of the Orioles Stadium. I&O is a fast food place, and that is the quality of the food they serve. The last time I tried I&O in 2009, it's still one of the worst meals I've had anywhere. I will never understand the love for this place.

Still waiting for the Elevation Burger to open here so I can try it. I keep hearing great things.

dt

^ Even as a CA Native I've never gotten the whole In N Out thing. It's decent, better than a lot of other "Fast Food" places but Californian's have a false sense of what is good. In N Out fanboys are almost as bad as Disneyland fanboys.

I actually prefer The Habit over In N Out or Five Guys if I'm being honest.

• 1 month later...

there's a burger joint out here in Portland called Little Big Burger. Absolutely amazing. If any one passes through, I highly recommend it. Fat Burger, Fiver Guys, and In N Out have nothing on this place. The only thing that would make it better is if they threw some grilled onions or mushrooms on top instead of typical cold onions they put on burgers.

• 2 weeks later...