TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

NEWS: Cowabunga Bay coming to Las Vegas!

It does look like they put a lot more thought into the visual appeal of the park than wet n wild did. Wet n wild looks like it was just thrown together as fast as they could. Can't wait to check it out for myself on Tuesday.

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If Cowabunga Bay in Draper made me not go to any of the 3 or 4 other larger water parks in the area. I can't see how the one in Vegas won't have the same effect. A well run, clean, amazing park goes a long way in repeat business.

This park looks amazing. Can't wait to go myself.

Congratulations to Shane on opening this new park, I obviously haven't been yet it almost looks like the perfect water park. There's enough that you won't be bored with the place in a few hours, the kids area looks GREAT!, the slides are a nice mix of fun and thrilling, the themeing looks fantastic, the food options are interesting and appropriate, the place looks great, really really well done.

I hope we eventually see more Cowabunga Bay's open across the country.

Here's an off-ride video of the racer. Seems like most people under regular adult weight don't make it over the top. The solution is simply to use the emergency exit, that all uphill slides have, as a regular second exit.

Shame they couldn't get it the way it was intended to be, but this still looks awesome. Now small kids can wait eagerly until the day they are big enough to make it over the hill!

The video if the drop slide is also pretty cool!

"Adult weight" seems to be something of an issue, as local channel 3 news is reporting a guest of 220pds (one of their own employees) was only allowed on one slide(they did not say which one); actually saying the limit on all slides except that one, is 180pds. I'm hoping that's just a case of incorrect information. Does Draper have such restrictions on any of their slides? News went on to say its a safety issue that should be worked out in the coming week or two, but sounded tentative if that restriction would be able to be lifted on all the slides or just select ones...

I'm right around 225. Sucks if I can't ride, but even so, I hope the park enjoys great success!!

Edit: Seems the news did get it wrong. Cowabunga Bay replied to the speculation, on their FB page, that there is one slide with the 180pd limit, and hopefully that will be increased after modifications. I'm gonna move ahead with my plans to visit next week!

Edited by Robocoaster

I was just there today and the only two with a weight limit that I saw were the drop body slide with a 250 pound limit and the pink slide off in the corner of the park with a 180 pound limit. The pink one had a scale at the bottom of the slide to measure weight.

Edit: Seems the news did get it wrong. Cowabunga Bay replied to the speculation, on their FB page, that there is one slide with the 180pd limit, and hopefully that will be increased after modifications. I'm gonna move ahead with my plans to visit next week!

The problems with he pink slide is probably similar to what Aquatica experienced with Omaka Rocka, the riders would come into the funnel with to much speed, then going to high on the walls of the tornados. It's most likely the same thing here. The solution at Aquatica was to simply install small water breaks before the tornados, and that will probably be the case here as well.

Reading through the Facebook comments on the clarification of the weight limits...some people.

While I do find the comment field hilarious, it's really sad to what level some (most) people who comment on the weight issue sinks to.

• 1 month later...