TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The RCT/RCT2 Preview Thread

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^The turnaround out of the station has a stray support poking through the track. And the photo booth doesn't really look like the exit feeds into it.

Other than that, fantastic job on the buildings! I really like the supports too.

What pack do you use and where can I get it?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I had completed a few RCT2 scenarios a long time ago... then I went to look at NEDesigns and found 5dave's versions of the original scenarios... and felt that I'm still lacking when it comes to scenery. So I decided to start over (with hopefully better path and scenery work), beginning with Crazy Castle. Here's a few screenies of my old CC:

I'm probably only going to keep the junior coaster and the go-karts.

Draco (left, a SLC with a twist) and Pyre (my attempt on a giant... batwing... thing on a floorless coaster). Will keep them both for the new CC.

A forced attempt to make a kid-friendly area and a not-forced attempt at a racing woodie. I particularly liked the racing woodie and I'll make a better one for the new CC.

With the new one, I just added 4... uh, unique corner towers. I'm still deciding on how to do the great hall/keep so it doesn't look like total butt. Not much progress yet, but here:

(reply) ^ Your old crazy castle looked pretty neat, like a typical scenario that kept going. I feel the theming on the go karts is out of place, and you could work on your foilage. You did a very nice job with the B&M and the theming split between the rivers is beautiful! Lots of potential, keep it up!

Welcome to...

HOLDENBRIDGE PARK ONTARIO

Pictured here is an unfinished area of Charcoal Forest, one of Holdenbridge's many themed areas unique in style.

Edited by A.J.

Upload your photos as attachments to Theme Park Review's servers. There's no reduction in image size and you don't have to worry about linking them off-site (which you're really not supposed to do anyway, as you have less than 50 posts).

Upload your photos as attachments to Theme Park Review's servers. There's no reduction in image size and you don't have to worry about linking them off-site (which you're really not supposed to do anyway, as you have less than 50 posts).

I originally tried that, but it caused the screenshot to be pitch black. I tried taking another screenshot, posting that, still gave me a black screen. I tried at least 20 times, to no avail. If you could solve the problem, that would be great, and I wouldn't have to use flickr.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm building a little again. Getting back in the swing of things with a 180x180 NCSO park.

SCR3.bmp

SCR2.bmp

Both are clearly unfinished. Just wanted to show you guys I was alive. And, I'll admit, I'm a bit excited with what I've done thus far lol

EDIT: Why does the coloring appear slightly distorted? Hm...

Holy wow, that carousel. You guys are so good with or without custom scenery D:

Speaking of which, I'm trying to give Crazy Castle a more... detailed makeover. Starting with the walls. I was wondering which looks better among the base block or the wood block. Also... are the crenellations okay or should I just use the default medieval fence/wall?

1573723341_castlewall.thumb.PNG.4a59ed3b5751bc5775ac9fd3b1353114.PNG

wood or block?