The NL/NL2 Preview Thread

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

B8aAym2IYAERNeh.jpg

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

Von Dutch, a motorbike coaster in a custom made enviroment, with theming looking like old Dutch-type houses.

Don't know how I got to this combination (I had a small idea but didn't continue with that idea). But once you're used to this combination you'll love it! Or at least I do.

Right now I'm thinking about if I could/should make a complete park, using this coaster but also some of my latest projects, like Brave, Natural Disaster, and my personal favorite (and the only one using script) Moonshine! (see video's of these rides below)

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

I haven't posted anything here in a lot of time. Here is a polynesian themed launched B&M. BTW, is there a screenshot thread on this forum?

For posting single screenshots, you mean? This would be it.

Wow. Just... Wow. The scenery and theming on those is really good.

I just started around a month ago on NoLimits2, and here is a wing coaster I've been working on for the past week or two. I know the supports are prefabs, but I think the coaster is coming along nicely.

EDIT: for some reason, it won't let me post the screenshot.

I've been working on on a recreation of Shambhala every now and again for the last couple of months, and lately I've been focusing on it a little bit more. I'm currently in the middle of redoing the layout since there was some pretty bad shaping issues to the point where the height of various elements were off by quite a bit.

I1DOuGj.thumb.png.d28f0653d1dc53fe1ae40ec00c3ce496.png

My current attempt at the layout, I'm pretty pleased with how this is turning out at the moment.

eI6BUNP.thumb.png.2f99d6d28bb088c613abd26690ef5fa7.png

A picture with the previous version over layered on my current one

That Ampersand is hell, It's supposed to be about 57 meters tall, but there is no conceivable way to get it that high while maintaining the overbank the the ride seems to have at the top (unless I'm mistaking things, and it isn't really overbanked) without bringing lateral g's into it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

It's been forever since I've posted anything here, but I've been slowly working on a Cedar Point "recreation" (Not full scale by any means, but building most of the roller coasters in a realistic space kind of like NL2's demo recreation of i305 and Anaconda). I'm attempting to build a custom station completely from supports with Millennium Force and possibly Top Thrill Dragster.

screenshot-2015-08-03-00-53-36.thumb.png.5b65ee904ee281b46409abd439016e2c.png

Rougarou.

screenshot-2015-08-03-00-55-11.thumb.png.d06eeb1ee0d44c89c66c1f637130c301.png

Top Thrill Dragster. (The supports are done on this one.)

screenshot-2015-08-03-00-56-14.thumb.png.7b15e193089e31deef21dc2faad8a261.png

Millennium Force.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've changed my Dive Machine a bit. . . Really liking how this coaster is turning out!

Working on supporting the coaster now. Supports are about 20% done. Then I will work on theming the coaster!

screenshot-2015-12-20-13-16-38.thumb.png.9b2783e2f25d14503be0b6c2596dacea.png

screenshot-2015-12-20-13-17-50.thumb.png.761bff4a5d48742b4d6bfdd6887bafba.png

Yes, it passes clearance envelope!

I've been working on an Intamin big loop, double launch, backwards spike thing similar to the one showing up at one of the Wanda parks in China, this is how far I've got with the layout

screenshot-2015-12-21-01-28-29.thumb.png.7b1c183056e1a06003f1ce44c43142ce.png

The one behind is a previous version that I'm keeping so I don't end up deleting and forgetting what my backwards spike structure is supposed to look like.

^ I kinda modeled that after the first airtime hill on Switchback. I kinda get into the design of these coasters more than I should. I was thinking of what it might feel like to have your butt completely lifted out of your seat then get thrown to the left while your butt is still out of the seat. That's what I was going for. I probably shouldn't have used the term "family coaster" as the whole point of these smaller GG woodies is to deliver the thrills of a bigger coaster with a smaller coaster that's cheaper and easier to maintain. Almost all of the ones they've designed do that.