TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The NL/NL2 Preview Thread

First large project on NL. Very new to this program.

Unnamed RMC Iron Horse

200' tall

75+ mph

100° overbanked dive into tunneled helix

Negative G Roll.

Camelback Hill (-1.4 g's )

Maximum of 4.5 G's.

360* Negative G Roll (custom piece and delivers some great Negative G's)

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fooled around with NL2 since the launch, realizing a dream of making an Eagle Fortress inspired coaster as a project.

Not the best, since I'm still learning the program so I don't think that I will release it. I'm still thinking of making a larger/better version in the future that might be released, but before that I'll test the other available rides and try out all the features first.

Some images of Hayabusa.

704261754_firsttry.thumb.jpg.b178eccc95a6dff6ad885b958626f6f4.jpg

1208381516_firsttry_02.thumb.jpg.2bec228375812234dc5e2df32a75d2b7.jpg

882141139_firsttry_03.thumb.jpg.ee796b54c47bfcc37ef83a941a39b532.jpg

I starting working on a multi-launch rocket coaster in NL2. The track is finished and I have started the support (first time doing custom supports). It still needs a name a train color scheme (could use some help on those). Once I have those I can work on the station

screenshot-2014-01-20-17-17-18.thumb.png.4fc36d7f41ae9c17020e42148c7250d0.png

First launch and roll

screenshot-2014-01-20-17-17-52.thumb.png.f6b87d4080ffa0169582bc4594701e3f.png

MCBR and small airtime hill

screenshot-2014-01-20-17-18-16.thumb.png.9e9ce5f9f9f1eed724ec4395aacdb140.png

Final turn and roll

I starting working on a multi-launch rocket coaster in NL2. The track is finished and I have started the support (first time doing custom supports). It still needs a name a train color scheme (could use some help on those). Once I have those I can work on the station

Nice coaster.

For the coaster train(s) color: try black with purple seats/teal colored harnesses. Or purple cars with black seats/chassis and teal harnesses.

Name ideas:

-Steel Falcon

-Blue Vortex

-Snowbeist (or German version of Snowbeast?)

-Yeti

-

I built a really nice B&M invert in a few short hours last week... Smooth as can be. I simply LOVE the new editor. The ability to make smooth rides without 3 other programs is really, really nice. I wish there was a way to "lock" straightaways more easy, without having to do the multiple segments and such... But maybe that will come later on... Much like when you have transfers and stuff, how it "locks" the position and you add beyond those segments. Having that option would be nice.

About to start my next project... A B&M floorless much like Batman/Dominator at GL/Dominion... But with tweaks I always thought it should have to make it simply perfect... G-roll after the cobra roll into a tight helix into the MCBR, for one... Second, eliminating the corkscrew finale and tweaking that up a bit... I think for the ending it will have a bunny hill after the MCBR drop, into an immelman to corkscrew combo, followed by a tight helix. Looking forward to starting on that today!

^ not really sure what you mean by "lock" straightaways, but if you are referring to block/station/service brake areas, I found a couple of things that may help. A couple of people noted that you have to play around with the NL2 a bit and I agree!

I discovered several new things by making several small coasters and fiddle with the parameters and discovered a new tool here and there.....it's pretty neat!

I may be giving you advice the hard-long route on how I have been doing it. Others on here may have an easier method.

1. go into the 'track' tab.

2. select 'add roll' at several points. (you can view 'perspective' to see if track is now straight).

3. click ON the add roll dot/circle and then be sure the angles are set on 'strict'

then be sure the angle is set to 0'. (you can view 'perspective' to see if track is now straight).

There is a couple of other things I do as well and my just went blank..lol

Another idea (to keep track straight) is left click on the mouse and shade over the area/section of track you wish to be straight. Then click on the 'make straight' tab.

I may be giving bad advice, but it has been fun discovering some of the features.

The first ride (B&M invert) Combustor been posted to game exchange... Just a nice layout, smooth... My first NL2 ride.

And currently working on a tweaked clone of BKF/Dominator from GL/PKD. I always wished it had a zero-g after the cobra, so I added it. Everything else is quite close to the real ride though. I really like this one!

Combustor.thumb.jpg.c1b6c4254e83e35049659f171714a7e3.jpg

Combustor

BKF.thumb.jpg.3cf7f2e9b1e0120205fa35f843392e90.jpg

BKF "clone".

Little project that has taken up quite a few hours of mine lately thought i'd share with you guys, my first real project with NL2 and only my second attempt at a recreation (first one was a Boomerang in NL1)

Still quite a work in progress, need to fix the curves a little better, work on the supports more, and script the launch block to work properly as it does on the actual ride.

screenshot-2014-01-27-23-50-39.thumb.png.4a9ba6b837df960559e6ebfc75657ec2.png

^Rode it, very nice! Great job!

As for me, I'm getting started on my first complete-circuit hand-made coaster. Much like my NL1 coasters, I'll most likely put more focus on the park's environment than I will the actual coaster. 213924528_FristbiteWoodenCoaster.thumb.png.7a93c5f928af61254f8aa8b2b4dbdabe.png

Edit:

It went from a worn 1930's PTC, to a worn 1930's PTC within a snowy amusement park in the middle of nowhere of Utah! Coming very soon to the exchange, look for "Frostbite."

screenshot-2014-02-01-21-23-16.thumb.png.c14fb46b590fdb5378122af79b58c70e.png