TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Adventure City getting new coaster for 2013?

There does appear to be a bit more room than just the land the coaster itself sits on, though. A parcel of what looks like unused land (from the eye of someone who's never visited and only has satellite imagery to go by, anyway) sits directly south of the ride, and would almost double the amount of usable space after Tree Top Racers is removed. It still isn't a lot to work with, but it's a start.

RCDB also lists this new coaster as being steel, so no Wooden Warrior-esque woodie, it appears.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...

It's kind of sad to see this ride going, I hope it gets sold somewhere else. This particular ride was actually owned by my best friend's family (March's Amusements / Midway Amusements) in Australia before it was unsold to Adventure City. I'm sure they will be sad, along with myself if it gets sent to the scrapyard... but it might be sadly at it's use by.

It's kind of sad to see this ride going, I hope it gets sold somewhere else.

Here's the thing...

I get sad when "good" rides meet their demise. And while I get that this ride is old, somewhat historical I guess, but it certainly wasn't good.

I remember the park having issues with it ever since it opened, and since they cater to you get kids, they had to add tons of padding to it as it would throw riders around. Eventually they had to raise the height restriction, and I don't think it did that well for the park.

Perhaps it could find a more suitable home somewhere, I'm not sure. But I always found the ride to be uncomfortable and not very good for its target demographic, which us families.

So I can't say that I'm sad to see it go, sorry!

It's too bad (but understandable) they couldn't find a way to run it this year since they kept it SBNO. I hope they're still planning on a new coaster that's more appropriate for the park.

I've ridden four (all?) of these, but still wouldn't mind seeing this pop up somewhere else if feasible. They're charming, slightly intense, and perhaps more competent than some at making you feel like you'll fly off the edge.

It's kind of sad to see this ride going, I hope it gets sold somewhere else.

Here's the thing...

I get sad when "good" rides meet their demise. And while I get that this ride is old, somewhat historical I guess, but it certainly wasn't good.

I remember the park having issues with it ever since it opened, and since they cater to you get kids, they had to add tons of padding to it as it would throw riders around. Eventually they had to raise the height restriction, and I don't think it did that well for the park.

Perhaps it could find a more suitable home somewhere, I'm not sure. But I always found the ride to be uncomfortable and not very good for its target demographic, which us families.

So I can't say that I'm sad to see it go, sorry!

I see where you are coming from with that, and understand your points entirely. I wasn't exactly 100% on the demographics for Adventure City but based on what your saying it appears that its for the best that it's leaving this location. Hopefully it can be utilised in a park that would suit the attraction more. But I guess based on it's age it might not be so likely. I still remember going on it when I was a very young child with the owners of it in Australia just after it was set up.

I guess I will always have the memories of the ride. I'll see if I can dig up some old photos of it when it was the "chipmunk" travelling in Australia.

• 1 month later...

So in case anyone cares, they're currently taking down Treetop Racers. I drove by the park today and was surprised to see only half of the hairpin turns still remain. The station is completely gone. I only saw a small crane, I'm not sure where they are storing the track pieces right now. I'm guessing they will send it to another park. Hopefully this means the park might actually get something new this summer! Sorry I didn't get pics.

I just checked rcdb.com to see if there was an update on this, and they now have it listed as a Gerstlauer family shuttle coaster. I didn't know such a thing existed, but apparently there are two:

Gipfelstürmer - Freizeitpark Ruhpolding

Gold Rush - OK Corral

Gerstlauer even has a video on their site: www.gerstlauer-rides.de/products/roller-coasters/family-coaster-en-US/#Medien

It looks like a very fun ride, and a much better fit for the park's demographic than the wild mouse (which I liked, but it probably wasn't a good match for the park). Plus, it'll be the first family shuttle coaster in the US, and it'll help prepare kids for Boomerang and Montezooma's at Knott's down the street.

^Nice find! Wonder who figured that out, since I couldn't find any other evidence. I was expecting them to get something predictable, like a spinner or even a new mouse. I will definitely stop in next time I'm in town for Knott's.

Glad It's not a Wild Mouse. Southern California has enough mice. Between Goofy, Coast Rider, Technic Coaster, and Screaming Demon; It's nice to see variety.

Assuming this is legitimate and not just speculation, this is definitely worthy of a stop at the park. Looks like a fun ride, definitely much better than anything I was expecting the park to get. I visit Knott's about once a month, so once the new coaster opens I'll have to add a brief stop here to one of my Knott's visits.