TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR's 2012 China Trip!

^^

And between mine, Chuck's, Megan's, David's, Hanno's and others'

various takes (TRs) on the tour, you have a load of

(sometimes) very unique pix and commentary of it all, coasters included.

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

^agreed. Great views, great fun in every seat, great use of terrain, and great airtime. The middle section of this ride with all the curved airtime hills.

I just hope this park that had virtually no other rides open can maintain it.

• 2 weeks later...

^ We ate a number of times at Pizza Hut.

And we did group meals at several places I

can't even begin to remember. Eating various

food, I can't remember either.

The floating restaurant in Shanghai harbour, I remember.

And a couple that were upstairs, and a couple

of them... downstairs of couse!

I've always liked the Deja Vu's -- when they're actually running and maintained and aren't rough as hell. But this one was definitely the best of them all, and I've now been on all 5, although they're building another one in Russia right now.

I was in the back rows with Elissa on this ride. We both cracked up when we broke it!

• 4 weeks later...
Hair Raiser is a great ride. I had heard bad things about before I rode but it really didn't disappoint. Yes, it had a very slight shake to it but overall I loved it and wouldn't go back to Hong Kong without making a trip to Ocean Park to reride it.

Exactly. Some who had ridden before us claimed that Hair Raiser was rough and rattly and that we would all hate it. But it turned out to be the best new B&M ride of the last couple of years.

I put these folks in the same category as those who claim Verbolten is "too rough."

Yeah, well, I'm staying with my opinion. It's the worst (roughest) B&M ever!

Maybe it's because there were only 2 people on both my rides that it rattled like all hell broke loose. You all rode it with full trains, so that might keep the train better on the track, I don't know. The only thing I do know is that I had a serious headache afterwards. And it didn't matter front or back.

But it is strange hearing all this good things, since I rode it 1,5 weeks before you guys.

well try vortex at california great america. OMFG it is rough.

Hair Raiser is a great ride. I had heard bad things about before I rode but it really didn't disappoint. Yes, it had a very slight shake to it but overall I loved it and wouldn't go back to Hong Kong without making a trip to Ocean Park to reride it.

Exactly. Some who had ridden before us claimed that Hair Raiser was rough and rattly and that we would all hate it. But it turned out to be the best new B&M ride of the last couple of years.

I put these folks in the same category as those who claim Verbolten is "too rough."

Yeah, well, I'm staying with my opinion. It's the worst (roughest) B&M ever!

Maybe it's because there were only 2 people on both my rides that it rattled like all hell broke loose. You all rode it with full trains, so that might keep the train better on the track, I don't know. The only thing I do know is that I had a serious headache afterwards. And it didn't matter front or back.

But it is strange hearing all this good things, since I rode it 1,5 weeks before you guys.

well try vortex at california great america. OMFG it is rough.

Since zottewoef81 rode Chinese knock-off SLCs, I don't think he needs to ride Vortex to understand rough.