TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR's 2012 China Trip!

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn, I also hoped for a review of it.

I've ridden it, and I can tell you that it's actually really good. The new train design is comfortable and the ride itself is smooth, fast, and forceful. The bad news is that it operates for very limited hours. When I was there last year it operated 11:00-15:00 on a day when the park was open 08:00-22:00.

I cannot believe that shuttle loop is still standing. The noises it made in 2008 were unbelievable. Still the scariest ride I've ever been on!

dt

Preach it! I rode it last year and am still waiting for news reports that it has killed people.

Again, my prayers go out to the brave explorers of TPR for their safe returns!

I've ridden it, and I can tell you that it's actually really good. The new train design is comfortable and the ride itself is smooth, fast, and forceful. The bad news is that it operates for very limited hours. When I was there last year it operated 11:00-15:00 on a day when the park was open 08:00-22:00.

Gee, thank you Richard for chiming in and letting all of us know that couldn't ride it how great it is!

Seriously CANNOT WAIT to see you in a few days!!!!

Edited by robbalvey

Sorry you guys couldn't hit up Extreme Rusher, looks like a great ride! I like how the park fully repainted Crystal Wings and the authentic SLC. Looking at the sky in those pics, it looks like the air quality was pretty good that day as well. Have fun with the rest of the trip!

We hopefully will get on another one in a few days. It's really not a big deal. For everyone on this trip, ALL of these rides and parks are new experiences, and everyone knows that coming to a place like China, it is expected that we would miss some coasters. There have been several smaller coasters that have also been closed, but as you can see from the reports, that's not stopping anyone from having a great time!

And besides, any missed credits give people an excuse to come back when we do China again in 2016!

Edited by robbalvey

Ok so I may be the first to TRY to guess what this is, and then maybe, just maybe finally be eligible to win a prized bag o crap. I am guessing this is apart of the silk spinning machine. It's been awhile since my textiles class, so like I said this is just my guess Here's to hoping I am right

377624_10151184951718566_156354178_n.jpg.4f99d4b6f72283db1ea681b2ed69188e.jpg

^Those rides are Tagada's...basically that video shows the whole point. It's to get thrown around and have a freaking blast!

I forgot to mention it before but it is pretty awesome you guys got ERT in the first place! Is that a first for China???

Robb & Elissa were able to set up ERT for the last China trips as well. Just goes to show how awesome TPR trips are, since I know they had to work hard to make that happen!

I forgot to mention it before but it is pretty awesome you guys got ERT in the first place! Is that a first for China???

Robb & Elissa were able to set up ERT for the last China trips as well. Just goes to show how awesome TPR trips are, since I know they had to work hard to make that happen!

It is very difficult to score ERT in China because the concept is just very foreign to them. They don't normally "rent out" the park or attraction for private functions (which is really all ERT is), so we have to use TPR's video production angle for when we do ERT. We are on this trip doing filming for several of the parks and a few ride manufacturers for IAAPA. And that's how we score the early entry!

--Robb

Gee, thank you Richard for chiming in and letting all of us know that couldn't ride it how great it is!

Okay, with the benefit of hindsight, that was pretty bad form on my part.

I just saw the note from _koppen asking for a review, and posted a brief one without realising that it could come over the way it has. No excuses; next time I'll think before I post.

Sorry everyone.

I have never been so happy to ride a Vekoma SLC in my life. Knock-offs gave me a new found appreciation.

All is forgiven, Erik. Vekoma SLCs are smooth as glass compared to their Chinese cousins.